Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2022, 02:09 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,821,349 times

Advertisements

This...is...the...year!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2022, 09:22 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,166,102 times
As a hardcore Niners fan, I'm hoping and praying for a Niners vs. Bills Super Bowl. But man oh man, after watching the performance last night, the Bills are the real deal!!!!!! I like the Bills and I'm pulling for them. Super balanced team and they are explosive. Best of luck Bills fans. Many fans are envious of your team.

Old 09-09-2022, 09:25 AM

18,225 posts, read 25,876,778 times
Impressive performance by Buffalo. Very impressive! The key stats to last nights game were----

Sacks. Josh Allen was sacked twice, I'm thinking one was a coverage sack. Matt Stafford on the other hand was sacked seven times. Stafford was pressured pretty much the whole night.

Total yards gained--Bills 413, Rams 292.

Turnovers. Buffalo actually had more turnovers than the Rams--Bills 4, Rams 3. Stafford right now is thinking--"damned tipped balls, they'll cost you every time!" The Bills Tremaine Edwards was busy last night, leading the Bills defense with 10 tackles.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:08 PM

12,499 posts, read 9,584,432 times
I just got through watching some talking heads debate Josh Allen's running, and the consensus was that no, Josh Allen doesn't need to watch out, defenders need to watch out.

People are out of their minds. Look at Earl Campbell - that guy was an incredible combination of size, speed, agility and strength - with 36in legs, twice the man that Josh Allen is... for awhile, Campbell was just unstoppable - just an incredibly physical runner - I've never seen a back like that before or since. But within 3 years, Earl Campbell was broken, and though he continued to play, he was never really the same. Even the most physically imposing guys are vulnerable to injury in the NFL.

Josh Allen cannot continue to run for contact - as he does now, or he will pay a price. The Bills management should try to talk some sense into their star player.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1441546555165609984

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 09-15-2022 at 12:30 PM..

Old 09-15-2022, 10:26 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,621,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I just got through watching some talking heads debate Josh Allen's running, and the consensus was that no, Josh Allen doesn't need to watch out, defenders need to watch out.
There is a risk but at the same time his running ability is part of what makes Allen the best or one of the best QB's in today's game. Also, the Bills desperately need home field advantage this year. They are 0-4 under McDermott on the road in the playoffs and 0-3 with both Allen and McDermott on the road. They do not have the luxury of Allen not playing to his full potential, which includes rushing and still getting the #1 seed.

Teams like the Chiefs and Chargers will not lose many games this year outside of the two games they face off in. Pressure will be on the Bills to win every single week and go 14-3 or even better just to lock up the #1 seed.

Speaking of the Chargers, Herbert got hammered today in the pocket. For all his supposed mobility Herbert really doesn't leave the pocket much compared to guys like Mahomes and Allen. And he took a beating today because of it. Burrow takes a beating in the pocket almost every week.

The only time Allen missed a start in his career was from an elbow injury he suffered while in the pocket his rookie year. I think he missed 5 or 6 games. In some ways, you could say his mobility saves him from taking those big hits that pocket QB's tend to take.

I'd like to see Allen save most of his running for the playoffs but like I said, Bills might not have that luxury if they want the #1 seed. They aren't playing in the weaker NFC.

Old 09-16-2022, 04:46 AM

12,499 posts, read 9,584,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
There is a risk but at the same time his running ability is part of what makes Allen the best or one of the best QB's in today's game. Also, the Bills desperately need home field advantage this year. They are 0-4 under McDermott on the road in the playoffs and 0-3 with both Allen and McDermott on the road. They do not have the luxury of Allen not playing to his full potential, which includes rushing and still getting the #1 seed.

Teams like the Chiefs and Chargers will not lose many games this year outside of the two games they face off in. Pressure will be on the Bills to win every single week and go 14-3 or even better just to lock up the #1 seed.

Speaking of the Chargers, Herbert got hammered today in the pocket. For all his supposed mobility Herbert really doesn't leave the pocket much compared to guys like Mahomes and Allen. And he took a beating today because of it. Burrow takes a beating in the pocket almost every week.

The only time Allen missed a start in his career was from an elbow injury he suffered while in the pocket his rookie year. I think he missed 5 or 6 games. In some ways, you could say his mobility saves him from taking those big hits that pocket QB's tend to take.

I'd like to see Allen save most of his running for the playoffs but like I said, Bills might not have that luxury if they want the #1 seed. They aren't playing in the weaker NFC.
I understand - he's fast for his size, and he's pretty big and he's getting great results as a dual threat. But he doesn't just run, he runs and often invites the contact to finish the run rather than avoiding it. I am not saying Allen shouldn't run at all, but finish the run by either sliding or going out of bounds early, don't finish it by aiming at people at lowering your shoulder. Even if I am not a Buffalo fan, I am something of an Allen fan, and I would like to see him playing for a long time. He is something.

JJ Watt is another good example - one of the most physically imposing guys to ever play at any position, and I am not just talking about his appearance, I am talking about his play. Watt overpowers people, including linemen, all the time, just routinely. And he is fast and athletic enough that he has scored 5 TDs in one season in both DE and TE roles. 6ft5in and 295lb with no fat on him and great athletic gifts. He is just an absolute monster for other players to confront, the guy is like a Tyrannosuarus-Rex. But has JJ Watt ever had serious injuries? Hell yes! Multiple of each: dislocated joints, herniated discs, broken bones; plus torn rotator cuff and torn bicep - and these are just the ones we know about. Watt was out on IR a fair amount... overall he did have a fairly long career, but he is like the peak of physicality for NFL players... and Tom Brady has played twice as long.

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 09-16-2022 at 05:01 AM..

Old 09-19-2022, 08:31 PM

18,225 posts, read 25,876,778 times
Buffalo is making a statement tonight. Bills 41, Titans 7.

Old 09-19-2022, 10:28 PM

78,473 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Bills are clearly elite, they were coming into the season.

(I'm not even a Bills fan)

Had my hopes dashed twice before by teams (Chicago and KC) that had a mass of season long injuries that derailed their superbowl performances.

That being said, unless you're up against those 2 teams (or the vikings, I have friends that keep the faith lol), I'll root for Buffalo as a long suffering team\fans.

May the best team win. (I'd like to say Buffalo will win a superbowl in the coming years but I suck at predicting football so I'll keep my mouth shut lol.)

Old 09-19-2022, 10:55 PM

307 posts, read 118,963 times
Those first two games sure were something, weren't they?

I'll be at the Miami road game next week representing Bills Mafia! Should be a good one against a much-improved Dolphins team.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:05 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,697,131 times
Prayers for Jackson, horrible hit, I sure hope he's ok and heals. May be done with football for a while if not for good?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football