Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2015, 09:50 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think this is also a risky move for Ryan. He will have a great defense in Buffalo but does not have a QB. Will this encourage Kyle Orton to come back another year. He certainly is/was their best QB...
Falcon's fans are definitely bummed for the most part ( i visited one of their message boards).

I said it before, and no I wasn't really joking Ditch! LOL. But I would totally be down with Sanchez re-uniting with Rex. Obviously the move wouldn't scream championship. But lets face it, we need to bring in a couple veteran QBs and there isn't much out there.

Rex could have easily went to the NFC South where he could have had a good QB in a bad division. Instead he sticks with the AFC East. He likes the challenge of facing the Patriots or he has a fetish for punishment on top of that other well known fetish of his.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 10:10 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,820,237 times
So what do you guys think the Bills do as far as the QB situation goes? Draft one in the 2nd round? Bring in a few vets and let them and EJ battle it out in camp? Talk Orton into coming back? Wait til next year and draft a QB in the 1st? If they do bring in veterans who is available, Cutler?

Old 01-11-2015, 10:16 AM

I here speculation, pure speculation, about trading for Alex Smith from K.C.

Sort of makes sense I think for both teams. Smith could re-unite with Roman and he would seem to fit the mold of a Rex Ryan QB. The Chiefs may be souring on Smith. While he hasn't failed in K.C., he also hasn't really helped them take the next step and an argument could be made that he is holding them back. He had zero TDs this season to wide receivers. Gotta believe Andy Reid wants more than that from his QB. They have a couple of young QBs in Daniels and Murray who could compete for the starting job.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:31 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,820,237 times
I wouldn't mind seeing Smith come in. I believe the Bills don't need (of course it would be nice) a top tier QB with their defense, but at least someone who can make the big plays when they are needed, as well as someone who has some mobility (unlike Orton). Then just keep drafting and developing young QBs and not just throwing in rookies.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:02 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,352,262 times
Lol, Marrone might not get an HC job.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:54 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Falcon's fans are definitely bummed for the most part ( i visited one of their message boards).I said it before, and no I wasn't really joking Ditch! LOL. But I would totally be down with Sanchez re-uniting with Rex. Obviously the move wouldn't scream championship. But lets face it, we need to bring in a couple veteran QBs and there isn't much out there.
Falcons message boards? Have you seen the comments on various boards about the Ryan hire with the Roman prospect intact? One would think the sky is falling in Buffalo!

I like Rex as a character. He's loud, energetic, and he's a player's coach. He's also a defensive mastermind (makes brother Rob look very substandard). I'm just really confused about this hire because the Buffalo defense is already the shining star in their game plan. And with Roman, he's had difficulty developing Kaep, so what does this spell for Manuel? The Pegula's are either the biggest masochists I've ever witnessed in football, or they have some supersonic secret under their hats that no one see's coming. Why not wait a little longer and find other possibilities.

I'm tired of Buffalo being the joke of the league. The Raiders could surpass them in many (bad) categories, but at least the Raider fan base is die hard (and all over the nation). They wear their colors proudly. Wear Bills gear anywhere in the country outside of the Northeast, and people look at you like you're high on crack!

Bring Sanchez in, and the NFL world will be laughing their asses off at Buffalo (like they're not already). Let's be honest, he's viewed as a complete joke in most circles. The butt fumble solidified that status. The solid question at this point is what Buffalo will do at the QB position.

Dammit! Why is being a Buffalo fan so gosh darn painful?!

Old 01-11-2015, 07:07 PM

Roman is supposed to be a bum now because his QB who is extremely flawed to begin with took several leaps back this year? The previous three seasons go out the window? I can't foresee the Rex/Roman combination being any worse then the Marrone/Hackett combo. Heck, some fans were calling for Reich, who has had maybe 1/10th the success that Roman has had as an OC.

As for the QB situation, we as Bills fans just need to realize it is a mess no matter what we do! We won't be jokes if we bring in Cutler or Bradford in a trade? Hoyer? It doesn't matter. All options suck. In my opinion we need to bring in at least two free agents so that we don't end up with just Tuel, Thad and EJ like we did last off-season. And then go, oh crap!

Old 01-11-2015, 07:15 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times
It is hard to speculate on QB as we really do not know who will be available. The free agent list is not impressive at all, and Sanchez is at the top. So I can certainly see why Sanchez-Ryan reunion is a hot rumor. It may be the best option.

Alex Smith from KC? I find it HARD to believe they would trade him.

I suspect the Bills will bring in a couple vets and let the new staff work with them and EJ in an open competition. Then, make the most of whoever wins the battle. Or, a vet and a draft pick... but this draft seems rather bad for QB's with the later round prospects being rather marginal at best.

Time will tell. Nice to have a name in Ryan coming in, and not an untested coordinator turned head coach... but really we have seen both new and experienced coaches go belly up here.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:15 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
The loss of a first round pick this year for the Watkins move was an absolute killer. I'm still shaking my head. As for Roman, much of what I've seen on various boards show that SF fans are glad to see him go. But, then again, it's hard to gauge the comments of the fans of a team that's used to winning championships to those of a team that would be happy getting to the playoffs for the first time in 15 years.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Alex Smith from KC? I find it HARD to believe they would trade him.
That was my initial thought too. It would be interesting to get a pulse on what Chiefs fans think of him. On one hand they might think that Smith has reached his ceiling in K.C. and they know that it likely just won't be good enough to get the team to 10 wins. Or if they do hit 10 wins, they will be very quickly done in the playoffs. But on the other hand, the thought of just having Murray, Daniels and Pryor might be too terrifying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football