Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2014, 04:00 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,734,144 times

Advertisements

Great win today...

Who could've imagined anyone could've pulled this off except the most homer Buffalo Bill fans?

Kudos to them....

Thats why the NFL is the best...no one is an expert...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 06:07 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,804,296 times
In back to back weeks, Buffalo's defense shut down Manning and then Rogers. It's too bad their offense could not match what their defense has done, if they could Buffalo would probably have 2 more wins this year.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:28 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Default Kudos to the Bills

I was rooting for you to beat those damn Packers. Good job!

Old 12-14-2014, 10:31 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,039 times
I think there are multiple ways we can get in at 10-6 by winning out. But here is probably the most likely and straight forward way:

Steelers win out handing a loss to the Chiefs and a loss to the Bengals; Steelers win AFC North

Bengals lose out: lose to Denver and then the Steelers; miss the playoffs

Chiefs lose to the Steelers

Chargers lose to San Francisco. If they don't lose to San Francisco they need to lose to the Chiefs week 17.

In this scenario it does not matter how the Ravens finish. It is assumed though that they go 2-0 and take one of the wild cards.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:09 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,024,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I think there are multiple ways we can get in at 10-6 by winning out. But here is probably the most likely and straight forward way:

Steelers win out handing a loss to the Chiefs and a loss to the Bengals; Steelers win AFC North

Bengals lose out: lose to Denver and then the Steelers; miss the playoffs

Chiefs lose to the Steelers

Chargers lose to San Francisco. If they don't lose to San Francisco they need to lose to the Chiefs week 17.

In this scenario it does not matter how the Ravens finish. It is assumed though that they go 2-0 and take one of the wild cards.
It's one way. At the moment, it hinges on the Bills winning out, and no more than two of the AFC North teams reaching ten wins. Someone has to lose out of those three. Of course, help is needed with the Chiefs and Chargers then too.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:17 AM

18,028 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Good win for the Bills and speedy recovery for Kelly.

They won because they run effectively and have a good pass defense. Rogers needed to throw less and the Packers just didn't draw the game plan up that way.

Now I'm gonna go Susancruzs and say... Go Bills and beat the Pats! My Broncos need a bone here.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:19 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,654 times
I finally watched yesterdays game. From a Packer fan, congratulations on the win & congratulations on beating every team in the NFC North this year. That's not an easy feat, & something the Patriots couldn't do. The future is bright for the Bills. Great defense, great fans, very tough place for visiting teams to play.

During the Bills 4 year Super Bowl run, I was big Bills fan. I was in elementary & junior high school, so it was a big deal who you rooted for. My brother was a Giants fan & my oldest brother was a Cowboys fan. The popular kids in my class were all Cowboy fans, so I had to go with the Bills. I had a Thurman Thomas T-shirt & in art class I painted the Bills logo on a hooded sweatshirt. I wore that hoodie out. On every school notebook, I drew the Bills logo & could probably still draw it today without looking at it. lol. Well, then Favre came up & like a fair weather fan I abandoned Buffalo & went with the home team.

Edit/PS: I love the Bills current uniforms!

Last edited by everwinter; 12-15-2014 at 06:52 PM..

Old 12-15-2014, 07:09 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,352,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I finally watched yesterdays game. From a Packer fan, congratulations on the win & congratulations on beating every team in the NFC North this year. That's not an easy feat, & something the Patriots couldn't do. The future is bright for the Bills. Great defense, great fans, very tough place for visiting teams to play.

During the Bills 4 year Super Bowl run, I was big Bills fan. I was in elementary & junior high school, so it was a big deal who you rooted for. My brother was a Giants fan & my oldest brother was a Cowboys fan. The popular kids in my class were all Cowboy fans, so I had to go with the Bills. I had a Thurman Thomas T-shirt & in art class I painted the Bills logo on a hooded sweatshirt. I wore that hoodie out. On every school notebook, I drew the Bills logo & could probably still draw it today without looking at it. lol. Well, then Favre came up & like a fair weather fan I abandoned Buffalo & went with the home team.

Edit/PS: I love the Bills current uniforms!
Not 4 SB loses, but 4 consecutive AFC conference wins

Old 12-15-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPizza View Post
Not 4 SB loses, but 4 consecutive AFC conference wins
That's right! Back to back to back to back champs!

Old 12-17-2014, 07:46 AM

Bills can be eliminated this weekend even if they win if either of these two things happen:

Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati all win.

or

K.C., San Diego and Baltimore all win

The other intriguing scenario that could get the Bills in besides the one I mentioned above is:

Pittsburgh loses to K.C. this weekend (that game is essentially a toss up IMO)

Cincinnati upsets Denver and then eliminates Pittsburgh week 17

San Diego has to lose to San Francisco this weekend and then beat the Chiefs week 17.

Bills play a New England team that only plays it starters for a half and is unmotivated because they have home field clinched going in.

This scenario is more unlikely than the one posted above because it relies on more road teams upsetting home teams. I would not trust San Diego or Cincinnati to take care of business on the road in week 17.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football