Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 09:35 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,039 times

Advertisements

Well, apparently Orton is retiring so we won't have to worry about him starting next year. I don't really think Jeff Tuel should be on the active roster. It would seem likely now that we will at least take a flier on a QB in the draft as well as try to land a veteran through free agency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 11:01 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Can someone post a list of possible QB options the Bills have to choose from in the upcoming draft? I really don't follow college football that closely. We know Mariotta won't end up there. Also, what are the possible free agent QB acquisitions Buffalo could secure to possibly fix this situation? Somebody earlier mentioned a possibility of Kaepernick or RGIII. Really, what are Buffalo's options at this point?

I think they have already given up on Manuel, and Orton is pretty much done as a first stringer, although I'd like to see him kept as a competent backup. Somebody, please give me some possible options Buffalo would consider.
I do not have the list handy... but... beyond the top couple of QB's who the Bills are not going to have a chance at this is a very weak draft at the position. Most of the so called prospects have one major issue or another, weaker arms, accuracy issues, etc. There are a couple pro-offense running QB's which may be good projects but nothing that is going to have any kind of immediate impact. They would be long shorts to be a quality NFL starter by the sounds of it. Basically, they would have to get lucky here.

At this point, they need to basically review every backup in the NFL, every free agent, every expected free agent and QB expected to be available, and find someone they think can be a serviceable starter and not a liability.

Not sure I am willing to talk Kaepernick, RG3, Cutler, etc, yet either. I would entertain any, but they would have to be available and it is hard to predict that.

At any rate, we are certain to see the Bills make some kind of moves at the position now.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:39 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Are Bills fans surprised the coach is leaving, opted out? I thought he was well liked, had the team going in the right direction or no??? It surprised me, but I don't follow Bills news that close.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Are Bills fans surprised the coach is leaving, opted out? I thought he was well liked, had the team going in the right direction or no??? It surprised me, but I don't follow Bills news that close.
I am surprised he has opted out. Not necessarily disappointed he is leaving and at the same time not glad he is gone.

If rumors are true, it sounds like Polian is on his way in as a team president type role. I think this possibly has a little more to do with the Bills pushing Marrone out (combination of new owner and Polian) in a way then Marrone leaving on his own. It would also follow that Nathaniel Hackett the OC will be out as well. He followed Marrone from Syracuse.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:03 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Just got home from work and saw this. What a shock! Is it time for Frank Reich in Buffalo?! Would this be the much needed passion spark?

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2014...-2015-chargers

Old 12-31-2014, 06:18 PM

Well we will have an opening at OC I assume too Ditch. Maybe we can have Reich be our new OC. I'm not sure about him as a head coach.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Well we will have an opening at OC I assume too Ditch. Maybe we can have Reich be our new OC. I'm not sure about him as a head coach.
Name three people you would possibly like in the HC spot Bill.

Would Reich leave SD for a lateral position?

Last edited by ditchlights; 12-31-2014 at 06:45 PM..

Old 12-31-2014, 06:53 PM

He would only leave for a parallel position if he really loved Buffalo. Not sure he loves Buffalo that much.

How about this since we also have a glaring need for a QB maybe even two:

Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez reunite in Buffalo for two more AFC Championship games.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
He would only leave for a parallel position if he really loved Buffalo. Not sure he loves Buffalo that much.

How about this since we also have a glaring need for a QB maybe even two:

Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez reunite in Buffalo for two more AFC Championship games.
Anonymous forums are sometimes hard to gauge. You are being sarcastic, right.......

Just checking.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Anonymous forums are sometimes hard to gauge. You are being sarcastic, right.......

Just checking.
Not totally sarcastic actually. With the loss of Orton, we are down to EJ and Tuel. Tuel probably shouldn't even be on the roster. That means we need to add at least two QBs in the off-season. When you look at who is actually available Sanchez doesn't seem so crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football