Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2022, 04:48 AM

676 posts, read 202,980 times

Advertisements

Is Joe Barry's job safe? I think this guy plays defense way too conservative and in addition to that, if they don't fix that O line and replace at least 2 players, we're a .500 team. Some of these starters need to fear riding the pine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2022, 07:50 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
Going to be interesting Sunday, can they pull out a win against the Commanders. Hearing both sides, a chance for them to have a "get right" game, where have I heard that before?

Also reading how good their front 4 on "D" are and that's what gave them fits with the Giants and Jets. Local media said the O line played like they'd never seen a stunt play. From Schneidman:

“I think they definitely knew that we’ve been struggling with stunts throughout the season so far.”

Comment has to come from LaFleur or Barry. Hello, it's week 6, if the team is struggling with something, fix it.

I hope they win Sunday, otherwise Packer fans will really be over the edge!

Old 10-22-2022, 10:13 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,523,096 times
Rodgers deserves better receivers- GB is a lousy team but he has carried them.

Old 10-24-2022, 05:44 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,137 times
I agree with Rodgers. I'm not worried about this team.

Being huge underdogs this week will light a fire under them. Remember when they faced an undefeated Houston team on prime time when they were 2-3, & beat them? Never doubt Rodgers & the Packers. Also cold weather in Dec will help.

Aaron Rodgers: I’m not worried about this squad

Old 10-24-2022, 05:55 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I agree with Rodgers. I'm not worried about this team.
You're 3-4 and just lost to the Commanders, lost 3 in a row and you're not worried?

And you say that headed into the Bills? The best team in the NFL.

No offense, the Pack has been dominant for a long time, great franchise and all the toppings but short of a miracle you're about to choke down a lopsided loss and sit 3-5.

Sorry, not trying to stir up trouble, just looking at reality.

Old 10-24-2022, 06:03 PM

You're not stirring up trouble, it's the reality, will be talked about all week. Double digit underdogs, which probably hasn't happened much with AR as QB.

They don't have it figured out, or have it together at all. I think Hackett, Getsy, a few others leaving on the coaching staff have mattered more than LaFleur thought they would. Stenavich was a great O line coach as an OC, not sure.

Old 10-24-2022, 06:26 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You're 3-4 and just lost to the Commanders, lost 3 in a row and you're not worried?

And you say that headed into the Bills? The best team in the NFL.

No offense, the Pack has been dominant for a long time, great franchise and all the toppings but short of a miracle you're about to choke down a lopsided loss and sit 3-5.

Sorry, not trying to stir up trouble, just looking at reality.
49ers started 3-5 last year (lost 4 in a row) & finished 10-7, making it to the NFC Championship game.

Chiefs started 3-4 last year & finished 12-5, making it to the AFC Championship game.

The season is still young yet.

Old 10-24-2022, 06:35 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Fair enough.

No offense, but you guys should get some serious money down betting on GB covering the spread or even winning then.

We can talk all we want about teams that surged late, but the Bills are superbowl ready right now...and they sure aren't the Bears or Lions.

Last edited by Mathguy; 10-24-2022 at 06:47 PM..

Old 10-25-2022, 02:27 PM

381 posts, read 169,941 times
Default Rodgers: "Packers make too many mistakes, those guys shouldn't be playing"

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nt-be-playing/

“It’s definitely not just one play here or there,” Rodgers said. “It’s 20 percent of the time. If we have 50 plays and we have 10 missed assignments or mental errors, that’s 20 percent of the time. So that’s way too high. In the past we were looking more like, less than 10 percent, so that gives us a really good chance to be successful. 20 percent, that’s way too high. That’s one play a series where you’re really making it tough on yourself. So we’ve got to fix that. I think guys who are making too many mistakes shouldn’t be playing. Gotta start cutting some reps. And maybe guys who aren’t playing, give them a chance.”

Said on the Pat McAfee show.

Thoughts?

Old 10-25-2022, 02:39 PM

I don't have a problem with it, perpetual AR haters will say he never makes it about him, always about others. I think I read somewhere 11 drops, that is a lot for one game. He can't throw and catch it, too. I've said it before, I'll say it again, he does talk about his play after games. I did see a post about Clements grading his QB play high Sunday, most comments afterwards were that Tom C. must grade on a curve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football