Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2022, 08:30 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,636,917 times

Advertisements

[QUOTE=susancruzs;64407104]
An awful performance against a 1-6 team and Cowboys are coming to Lambeau, much hype for that game. It will be another chance for them to embarrass themselves on national TV.[/quote]

I don't know about that considering AR's history being a Cowboys killer. If they lost (GB) I wouldn't consider it embarrassing. Cowboys are a pretty good team although they have been pretty banged up. 2 starting DB's out. Parson's been less than effective with a pulled groin which is a lingering injury. MLB out with a rookie taking his place off of IR playing his second game ever.

My take on AR is an underperforming offense at times or he tried to leave GB and the Pack FO made it hard on him to do it so his heart ain't in it in GB. Or it could be Lafleur. Just from the outside looking in.

Still has an extremely high ceiling. As far as arm talent still top 2 or 3 that I've ever seen (60 years) .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2022, 11:38 AM

336 posts, read 182,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How much future money is he owed?
on Rodgers...

He's in the 1st year of a 3 year $150M contract.

His cap hit for next year goes up to $31.6, and $40.7 in 2024.

His money for next year is fully guaranteed but nothing after that.

Green Bay's rebuilding era may be a little slow in getting started without some astute draft selections in the next couple years.

note - I don't pretend to understand the whole cap, dead money, etc but from what I do know, the only option that wouldn't be open to Green Bay would be to cut him because of the huge cap hits in 2023 and 2024. He probably still possesses some trade value but that's a lot of contract for a team to pick up for a player on the doorstep of retirement. The other options would be to stay on with Green Bay, or retire.

Last edited by Shawn Ford; 11-07-2022 at 11:50 AM..

Old 11-07-2022, 11:55 AM

687 posts, read 207,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Ford View Post
on Rodgers...

He's in the 1st year of a 3 year $150M contract.

His cap hit for next year goes up to $31.6, and $40.7 in 2024.

His money for next year is fully guaranteed but nothing after that.

Green Bay's rebuilding era may be a little slow in getting started without some astute draft selections in the next couple years.

note - I don't pretend to understand the whole cap, dead money, etc but from what I do know, the only option that wouldn't be open to Green Bay would be to cut him because of the huge cap hits in 2023 and 2024. He probably still possesses some trade value but that's a lot of contract for a team to pick up for a player on the doorstep of retirement. The other options would be to stay on with Green Bay, or retire.
If Rodgers is sincere about getting to another Super Bowl he needs to take a massive pay cut NEXT YEAR by restructuring his contract. GB needs big money to land big players and can't do that with his salary. They ain't going to win anything with a makeshift offensive line and too many players on both sides mediocre at best. When was the last time you heard yourself yelling...."C'mon Lowry, get him, get the QB!" .. Reed too has yet to put pressure on QBs.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
If Rodgers is sincere about getting to another Super Bowl he needs to take a massive pay cut NEXT YEAR by restructuring his contract. GB needs big money to land big players and can't do that with his salary. They ain't going to win anything with a makeshift offensive line and too many players on both sides mediocre at best. When was the last time you heard yourself yelling...."C'mon Lowry, get him, get the QB!" .. Reed too has yet to put pressure on QBs.
Rodgers was due a big pay-day after winning the league MVP the past two years. I would have thought that would have been the time to enter a new lifetime-type agreement that was back-loaded. Presumably that is what Green Bay wanted but instead, Rodgers appears to have wanted his money at the front end. As is his right, but at the detriment to the team. Seems unlikely that he would change his mind just a few months later.

Last edited by Shawn Ford; 11-07-2022 at 12:29 PM..

Old 11-07-2022, 01:23 PM

687 posts, read 207,851 times
Quote:
Rodgers was due a big pay-day after winning the league MVP the past two years. I would have thought that would have been the time to enter a new lifetime-type agreement that was back-loaded. Presumably that is what Green Bay wanted but instead, Rodgers appears to have wanted his money at the front end. As is his right, but at the detriment to the team. Seems unlikely that he would change his mind just a few months later.
I always respected the hell out of Rodgers but I respect my son more...he thinks Rodgers is very greedy and has HUGE ego. If Rodgers voluntarily takes cut in the near future, I would keep respecting him but I fear my son figured him out. We shall see I guess.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:01 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,636,917 times
Roger's not taking a pay cut. Only NFL player I can remember doing that was Brady and he was married to a multimillionaire. That's just the nature of the NFL nowadays. The NFLPA has done some good things but it has killed team loyalty. That sux IMHO.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:34 AM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and not being a personal friend, no one has AR figured out. All speculations and assumptions. People like him or don't like him. You could consider all QBs greedy when you look at their top pay. AR isn't alone on that list or on the top.

TB taking a pay cut was always up for debate as he made money off his vitamin/supplement business from Patriots, common knowledge. QBs make what they make, market is set.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:36 AM

381 posts, read 171,478 times
Quote:
still can't figure out he was so lauded for last year's MVP, it seemed a media campaign as though he was the undisputed MVP.

Tom Brady led the league in the following:

Pass Yards
Pass TD
Completions
Pass plays over 20 yards

Joe Burrow led the league in the following:

Completion percentage
Yards per Attempt

Aaron Rodgers led in Passer Rating. Some people would say that's because he's overly cautious with the ball and doesn't take enough chances because he's concerned about his numbers.

He had double digit INT the year they won the SB in 2010.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:46 AM

381 posts, read 171,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Roger's not taking a pay cut. Only NFL player I can remember doing that was Brady and he was married to a multimillionaire. That's just the nature of the NFL nowadays. The NFLPA has done some good things but it has killed team loyalty. That sux IMHO.
this line's been trotted out to death. We looked it up, AR has made somewhere in the neighborhood of 230-260million on the field which doesn't even count endorsements off it.

He'll continue, like TB, to make money in retirement. There will be numerous sources of income, from an autobiography, to continued endorsements, to speaking engagements, to autographs.

Brett Favre was still making money for endorsements, I'm sure there is money still coming in for the Manning Brothers, Philip Rivers, et al.

I would say especially since you're single and no kids it would be nice to see a pay cut or restructure for the teams' benefit but I'm not expecting it.

The whole Tom Brady can do it b/c his wife is a rich supermodel is overplayed. If TB is the best it's because he chose to take less and put a team around him, thereby helping to cement his legacy with more Championships and actually earning himself and his "brand" more money in the future.

Old 11-08-2022, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
I always respected the hell out of Rodgers but I respect my son more...he thinks Rodgers is very greedy and has HUGE ego. If Rodgers voluntarily takes cut in the near future, I would keep respecting him but I fear my son figured him out. We shall see I guess.
Does your son think Bakhtiari should also be giving some of his $92M back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football