Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2022, 03:27 PM

687 posts, read 207,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Talking heads not giving Packers much of a chance, considering their "D" isn't great against the run.

They said it in 2020, too and Packers won, Henry didn't have a great day. Granted it was a snow game but Packers won.

We'll see tomorrow! Go Pack Go!
I'd bet on GB, they're still high from that long, lost victory. They want more of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2022, 05:24 PM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Well, with Watson on the field, defense shouldn't be playing like Packers can't throw the ball, which was happening earlier in the season. Comment by the coach after the Lions loss:

“They dared us to throw the football,” LaFleur said after a loss in which the Packers outgained the Lions (389 to 254), ran more plays (69 to 57) ...

Now, it might be different: OC Stenavich believes defenses will stop daring Packers to throw so often now that Christian Watson has shown he can go deep.

Go Pack Go!

Old 11-17-2022, 08:52 PM

78,454 posts, read 60,652,129 times
If you just saw AR miss a wide open receiver across the field after the Titans just threw and INT and think it's 10 years ago and can still run the table....I'm sorry.

Old 11-18-2022, 05:09 AM

Don't be sorry, couldn't watch the game, probably a good thing. Too high of hopes as a fan, no doubt. I was at a concert last night, Million Dollar Quartet, and probably better than the game.

Old 11-18-2022, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Don't be sorry, couldn't watch the game, probably a good thing. Too high of hopes as a fan, no doubt. I was at a concert last night, Million Dollar Quartet, and probably better than the game.
Hope you had a good time.

Yeah, AR shanked some wide open throws, sometimes by *A LOT*.

That being said, lots of teams have "downs" and over the past 20 years few have had the "ups" that the Pack has had. Heck, the vikes are still looking for a Superbowl win (no offense intended just reality) so perspective there.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:19 AM

Concert was great, very fun. Guys playing Cash, Elvis and Jerry Lee were spot on, so good.

What is frustrating, is the inconsistency of this team. They have talent, but have these up and down moments that stretch on too long. One big complaint about LaFleur, his coaches, adjustments, mid-game changes. What do you talk about during halftime?

Expectations are high with the Packers, expected, losses, a tough thing. Questions will start swirling, is AR coming back, is LaFleur a good coach, do they need a new DC? I still say losing Getsy, Hackett, shifting coaches around, made a difference, and not in a good way. Fans don't like Butkus or Barry. I don't mind Butkus, been with the team 4 years. Barry, I think is too rigid in his "D", one way or the highway.

Old 11-18-2022, 02:09 PM

336 posts, read 182,480 times
I think there's still a chance yet, providing they start playing like a completely different team. I'm basing my take mostly shaped by a strong influence of 1950's monster films, many of whom have an uncanny ability to not stay dead.

Remember Chicken Heart

Old 11-19-2022, 07:23 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If you just saw AR miss a wide open receiver across the field after the Titans just threw and INT and think it's 10 years ago and can still run the table....I'm sorry.
I can tell as a a Bears fan you're loving watching the Packers lose & hanging out in this thread to soak it all up.

You know, the Bears thread hasn't been updated for about a year, if you want to chat about your home team.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/pro-f...bears-271.html

Old 11-19-2022, 07:34 AM

Good point, Ever! I thought he was posting on both, hasn't been there since 12/21, you're right, a year ago!

Old 11-21-2022, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I can tell as a a Bears fan you're loving watching the Packers lose & hanging out in this thread to soak it all up.

You know, the Bears thread hasn't been updated for about a year, if you want to chat about your home team.
http:////www.city-data.com/forum/pro...bears-271.html
There really isn't that much interesting to write about the Bears and pretty much nobody there to discuss it with either lol.

They are a rebuilding team (aka Bad).

I also post to the Vikes forum because they're interesting and I have friends and family that are Pack and Vikes fans so I pay attention to them.

But don't you worry, based upon that criteria, it's very unlikely I'll be posting much here for years to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football