Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2021, 07:33 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,373,837 times

Advertisements

If anyone wants to avoid all the clickbait garbage and morons yelling at each other follow Aaron Nagler cheesehead tv on youtube. He's a professional. You've probably heard his voice asking questions during post games, etc.

He calls out clickbait bull**** for exactly what it is. Refreshing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 01:00 PM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
I love Nagler, he is over the top sometimes but right much of it. He and Behnke don't sugar coat it or lie to benefit their particular position. This has been brewing, local media, Packer blogs have known it. I'm local, I watch GB news, Packer shows, radio shows, it's real. Nagler is in NYC but his parents live here, he knows the Packers.

Things have been tense at Lambeau, it's been documented. Mark Tauscher and Jason Wilde have been saying this on the radio show for awhile, fans have accused them of making it up, they weren't.

Old 04-30-2021, 03:20 PM

I watched part of Naglers show this morning. He said the only way rodgers can get out is if he doesn't report to camp, and then he would have to pay the packers $30 million. I sure dont see that happening.

I think he has a legitimate beef from years past but not so much last year. I get being pissed about Love but even if they'd picked a receiver its extremely unlikely Rodgers would have thrown to the guy in his first year unless he was god.

I mean jeez they made him the highest paid player ever, which didn't help the team exactly, and they also have three huge contract defensive players that are way underperforming. It's hard to be on Rodgers' side on this one.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:48 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,654 times
What are the local Green Bay writers saying about this, like Jason Wilde?

If Rodgers truly wants out, then just trade him (if possible). Cut ties before it's more toxic, & give him what he wants. He's done more than enough for the Packers.

Let LaFleur trial his run heavy offense and start fresh with a new QB. I'd be excited about it.

Old 05-02-2021, 05:27 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
What are the local Green Bay writers saying about this, like Jason Wilde?

If Rodgers truly wants out, then just trade him (if possible). Cut ties before it's more toxic, & give him what he wants. He's done more than enough for the Packers.

Let LaFleur trial his run heavy offense and start fresh with a new QB. I'd be excited about it.
I am anything but excited about a Rodgerless Packers. He is the reason they are 26-6 these past 2 . If Rodgers does leave, they would be lucky to be 8-8 I personally think Rodgers is the most gifted QB of all time, at least the most gifted ever for GB. Get rid of the general manager like right now. He wanted to trade Rodgers in a year from now and go with Jordan Love. Moron.

Old 05-02-2021, 04:48 PM

Local writers have been saying for awhile something was up at Lambeau, things were on the tense side. I remember fans giving Wilde a hard time when he said that AR's end of the year presser sounded like he was saying, good-bye.

I think things have been handled poorly, not going down the fire Gute road though. However, AR has every right to want to know if they intend on trading him after 2021, although his contract is through 2023. If they intend on getting out after this year, don't blame him. He has said, he'll play into his 40's, Packers didn't take that cue, they drafted a QB.

Of course, AR can be a hard nose, too, both sides are dug in and probably not bending. It's been handled less than ideal and we'll have to wait and see what happens. I want him to stay but if he goes, I won't be blaming either side, it is a business.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:46 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Local writers have been saying for awhile something was up at Lambeau, things were on the tense side. I remember fans giving Wilde a hard time when he said that AR's end of the year presser sounded like he was saying, good-bye.
I had to go back & listen to it. Ya, the final 2 minutes almost sounds like Rodgers is saying goodbye, especially to the local media. Weird. Maybe Rodgers knew deep down he played his last game as a Packer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNAHo8VN0tA

The fire Gute thing is also weird. Has any player in a sport ever asked for the G.M. to be fired like that? Seems pretty ballsy & isn't a good look for Rodgers if true.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:54 AM

It's bizarre, media overblown, no doubt. A "he said, then he said" type thing, no one knows the truth or what is said. If 1265 or AR's camp would come out with a concise, this is what is happening (or not) statement, it would help, doubt it does though.

I'm with LaFleur, hard to wrap your brain around this and definitely on the "fire Gute" deal. LaFleur and Love are in a bad spot, just watch and wait like us. Draft class has to be, "what kind of a mess did I get into"??? Seriously, should be all about them, instead all about a QB and Packer organization.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:45 AM

I just dont understand the timing as it relates to his career. Yes they squandered many years of 12s career but the last few?

They made him the highest paid player in the history of the game. Bakhtiari his best friend or whatever hit paid huge. They went out into free agency finally. They paid aaron Jones and there are other big contracts. All of which have them in cap space hell the next two seasons.

The draft went well, even though this was all leaked right before it. Does he really think he'd hit the lottery and end up traded to a team with a better shot at a ring than where he is now? Probably gonna have to learn a new offense. If he goes to some ****show it will damage his legacy big time.

Just so many downsides and chances if he's truly trying to force a trade. Wanting gute fired is just strange, in that we all know it's not going to happen so why pick a fight like that unless you want to lose and then frame it as the pack making the choice and not you?

Old 05-03-2021, 04:30 PM

AJ Hawk (spent the weekend with him at the Derby) said today, he just doesn't think it's been voiced:

"I definitely do not think that Aaron is out there trying to say, 'Fire Gutey' ... I'm not speaking for him. I'm just telling you what my feelings are from being around him." This from Wilde (and shows how the media ran with this):

Precision of wording matters here. @CharlesRobinson never reported that Rodgers said, "Fire Gutey." He reported Rodgers camp says "a reconciliation may not be possible if Gutekunst remains." Splitting hairs? Maybe. But maybe it's IMPLIED without explicitly being SAID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football