Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 12:41 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,602,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
isn't there any other ex-Packer QBs out there ready to step in and help out?
Yeah... GB should do themselves a Favre and give the guy a call...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 01:30 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,669,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Going to be a tough 3 weeks if Rogers doesn't play and those were likely all highly winnable games.....Philly, @Giants, MN.

Now not so much.
Baloney. All three of those teams suck.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:56 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
I can't count all the times that Favre would go down and the prognosis would look bleak for the next game and yet there he'd be starting again. Never thought Rogers would prove to be as tough when the time came for him to play through the pain. Guess we'll see come Sunday how much he is responsible in what separates the Packers from the also rans.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:01 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
isn't there any other ex-Packer QBs out there ready to step in and help out?

you mean ex-Viking QB.....

Old 11-05-2013, 06:22 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,860,337 times
Clay Matthews returning to practice this week & Rodgers is or moved to "week to week".

"The Packers are in a “week-to-week mindset” with QB Aaron Rodgers’ injury, according to Head Coach Mike McCarthy in a Tuesday afternoon press conference.
McCarthy said the doctors felt much better about the situation on Tuesday, after gathering more information on the injury."
Green Bay Packers Official Blog | QB Aaron Rodgers has fractured clavicle; Packers in ‘week-to-week mindset’

Last edited by everwinter; 11-05-2013 at 06:34 PM..

Old 11-06-2013, 10:17 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,614,526 times
I think they will stick with Seneca, and not bring Flynn back. Flynn has been having elbow/arm soreness, I don't think he is a good idea. Raiders, Jets and Bills have released him just this season.

Hope Rodgers can play against the Lions, but main thing is to let it heal correctly. No doubt Packers would have won the game, only way Bears win is no Aaron.

Heading to Charleston, cruise ends is Ft. L. Saturday, been a great trip. Watching the games on a monster screen on the
top deck is awesome, couldn't believe the Jets/Saints game! A little off topic, sorry H!

Old 11-06-2013, 10:29 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,881,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
tim tebow people. seneca give him a chance please...
Mike McCarthy is not going to totally re-do his offense in the middle of the season to suit the 3-4 weeks Tebow would play. It's one thing if you're 1-4 Denver and you've got nothing to lose, but when you're 5-3 and tied for the division lead it's off the charts idiotic.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:19 PM

Game was a mess, more injuries and no backup to the backup if that makes sense. If Tolzien went down today, rumors were flying Jordy or Kuhn, are you kidding me? Randall Cobb played QB but he is out, too. I read somewhere the injury bug hit the Packers harder than any other team this year. Big deal, you still have to play the games.

McCarthy already said that Tolzien will start against the Giants, and before he even knows if Seneca can play? Tolzien threw 2 picks but looked more confident in the huddle then Wallace, maybe running the practice squad has helped him?

Old 11-10-2013, 06:54 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Game was a mess, more injuries and no backup to the backup if that makes sense. If Tolzien went down today, rumors were flying Jordy or Kuhn, are you kidding me? Randall Cobb played QB but he is out, too. I read somewhere the injury bug hit the Packers harder than any other team this year. Big deal, you still have to play the games.

McCarthy already said that Tolzien will start against the Giants, and before he even knows if Seneca can play? Tolzien threw 2 picks but looked more confident in the huddle then Wallace, maybe running the practice squad has helped him?
Hi PackCruiser!!!

Scott Tolzien will start against the New York Giants,” McCarthy said with an emotionally charged voice. “I’m the head coach. That’s the direction I’m going.”

you kind of get the feeling that he wanted this all the time just like they were always going to keep Missing Crosby as FG kicker. Uh, I mean Mason-jar-head Crosby.

It didn't even look like Seneca got hurt. Did it? at least not that bad. Funny how there's been no report about the 'severity' of his groin pull.

and what's with all the secrecy? they have some black ice fishing shanty on the sidelines where they apparently examined Wallace? and at first they wouldn't say who the emergency QB was? what's the secret? what's the deal?

3rd and 1 (twice) and let's have the QB throw it. Great playcalling.

poor defense
no pass rush
bad play calling
missed field goals
poor tackling
injuries

lather, rinse, repeat.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Packers football, catch some Z's.

Old 11-10-2013, 07:11 PM

Hi, yourself! Always enjoy your take on things, I really do, keeps my overly optimistic, Pollyanna self in check for sure!

They have to lose two games in a row for him to realize they were doing well against less than stellar teams???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football