Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2013, 08:14 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,563,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Hi, yourself! Always enjoy your take on things, I really do, keeps my overly optimistic, Pollyanna self in check for sure!

They have to lose two games in a row for him to realize they were doing well against less than stellar teams???

I haven't wanted to post for a while b/c I'm always so down but I just had to today.

oh well, always interesting in Packerland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 09:42 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,128,309 times
The aspect of the season that bothers me the most is the defense.

All the injuries have been devastating, but the lack of progress on defense is disturbing.

McCarthy said today that there will be changes coming.

I dont want to speculate too much, but I think that may be a coaching change on the defensive side of the ball. Capers has had a solid career, but I think at this time there needs to be a change in direction.

McCarthys comments in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel may it very clear he is very upset with the defense and the continual poor play. Late season coaching changes often are not the answer, but yikes-----this defense is hard to watch.

Last edited by jefffla01; 11-10-2013 at 09:53 PM..

Old 11-10-2013, 09:48 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,900,657 times
Packers had better hope Rodgers's injury is only 3 weeks because they're nothing special without him under center.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:00 PM

796 posts, read 505,564 times
The Packers looked very basic without Rodgers. All I know is how the Eagles get to play the Pack with their 3rd string QB and when the Cowboys play them in December, Rodgers will be back and on fire ready to light our tired defense up.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:02 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
I doubt someone with a broken collarbone will be back in 3-4 weeks if it's a typical break.... Maybe if they are road biking they can get back on the bike and ride and risk reinjury should they crash (which does not typically happen often, I've road bike 2+ years with no crash) , but an NFL player? Doubtful. For proper healing he risks quite a bit coming back in only 4 weeks.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-ed...2/jun-29b.html

" In adults, six to 16 weeks or more are often necessary for a collarbone to heal solidly."

Old 11-11-2013, 05:11 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,157,110 times
Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy confirmed quarterback Matt Flynn worked out for the team Monday as it tries to settle the flux at the position following injuries to Aaron Rodgers and Seneca Wallace.

McCarthy said Sunday that Scott Tolzien, who replaced Wallace in the loss to the Eagles, would start next Sunday against the New York Giants. Tolzien completed 24 of 38 passes for 280 yards with one touchdown pass and two interceptions against Philadelphia after Wallace left with a groin injury.

"[Flynn] went through his workout this morning. [He] looks good," McCarthy told reporters Monday, according to NFL.com. "That's really all I have for you right now. Everything else is a work in progress. ... A lot of the information that you need to make decisions is still coming in, so we're still trying to put it all together."

Old 11-11-2013, 05:57 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Packers have had a luxury, not having a QB merry go round like many teams. Favre always played and Rodgers hasn't missed but 2 games since starting and one wasn't injury related, McCarthy held him out at the end of the 15-1 season.

Tolzien looked good, has a strong arm and for being thrown in his first NFL game, held his own. However, what if he goes down?

I read somewhere else they are bringing in John Skelton but reports are out now that they are signing Flynn so why bring in Skelton? I'm wondering if Seneca's groin injury is going to keep him out and do they have a timeline on AR but are not saying??? They can't go with just one QB.

I think Aaron playing every game, no injuries, they weren't totally prepared, never had strong backups after Flynn.

On another note, Packers/Giants no longer interesting, they were flexed out of the NBC night game in favor of Broncos/Chiefs. My how things change in the NFL! Broncos/Chiefs should be a great game.

Last edited by susancruzs; 11-11-2013 at 06:29 PM..

Old 11-11-2013, 06:46 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
if it's a typical break
It's not. It's a small clavicle fracture. Obviously, he also has the opportunity to receive interventions not available to typical populations to further distance himself from typical clavicle fractures. No, I'm not talking about steroids (hopefully).

I read they are using a long term approach with him, therefore they're being extra cautious to ensure he can play for 20 more years.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:22 PM

I listened to the Aaron Rodger's show today, he wants to play but knows he won't be this week or probably next either. He sounded very upbeat about Tolzien, his abilities, how smart he is, the amount of work he puts into it.

With a week of practice, I look for him to be better. Going to play the Giants, on a big stage, shouldn't be an issue, he played QB for Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, pretty big stage there.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:35 PM

Aaron Rodger is on the Larry McCarren show right now, awesome greeting from the crowd!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football