Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 03:20 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I call BS. Packers can't claim to be top 2 at this stage. lol.
That would require beating a team that has actually won a game so far this season.

NY Giants, Cowboys, Carolina have actually beaten some good teams. There are 3-4 more teams in the NFC that you can certainly throw in the hopper too. That probably puts the Packers around 4-8 in my NFC power rankings....probably 5th is where I'd put them but if they beat Dallas (another home game) then they will move up.

Really, the packers are one of the best 2 teams after a mere 5 pt. home win against Minnesota and a solid victory over one of the worst teams in the NFL?
The only thing nuttier than that are all the Favre maniacs that GAVE POINTS to New England last week.

This isnt college football, you dont rank teams based on who they played. But, if you must, many have called Minny a potential SB team and Detroit was a .500 team last season.

This is a Packers team that is 16-4 in their last 20 total games and was one score away from the SB. Other than Favre, their entire roster is in tact and all the young players are another year older and wiser.

Putting the Packers 5th in the conference is dumb.

So, if you want to actually throw some figures out there and prove your claim I will be more than happy to listen. Until then you have no basis to your claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 03:25 PM

8 posts, read 32,316 times
ive become a converted giants fan over the past 4 years.... but ive always been a pack fan... i hate the way things went with favre but ive been waiting for a while now to see what rogers is made of... hell never be a brett favre but hes gonna have plenty of success!!!!!

Old 09-15-2008, 04:37 PM

734 posts, read 2,616,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
and Detroit was a .500
No, they weren't.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:48 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,238,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
HAHAHA, or maybe it was the 3 TD's by Rodgers. Funny how you most likely a Bears fan judging my the thought or lack their of in your posts, always find negative views of the Packers. Guess what we are 2-0 dont care if you want to nit pick because in the end we are still 2-0. Post all the BS you want, but it means NOTHING. I will still root for my team with it's QB who has one of the best QB ratings in the league.

We are 2-0 and can't wait for Dallas. Should be fun and a real test for the Pack.
The one negative I see so far (outside all the OL penalties) is McCarthy getting conservative with play calling after getting up by 21 (they pulled it in week one as well). I understand what "establishing the run" can do on the clock, but why take your foot off the gas when the passing game is shredding the other team? If you can bury a team, bury them! Nothing wrong with being one dimensional if it works.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:17 PM

734 posts, read 2,616,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
quinn? was that the mike williams draft? I wouldn't give up johnson. I actually wanted them to draft cutler. why aren't people like you and I GM's? oh, that's right, we obviously watch too much simpsons mister flinstone's chewable morphine. the packers are looking like a good team though. not sure anyone can challenge them for the division.
Yeah that was actually the Calvin Johnson draft but after getting burnt 2/3 times previously it made more sense to address another position for once. If ALL of the talent is at one position, that doesn't really do much good. Kitna sucks. Stanton needs to start if the Lions are at 0-5.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:18 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
We are 2-0 and can't wait for Dallas. Should be fun and a real test for the Pack.
The one negative I see so far (outside all the OL penalties) is McCarthy getting conservative with play calling after getting up by 21 (they pulled it in week one as well). I understand what "establishing the run" can do on the clock, but why take your foot off the gas when the passing game is shredding the other team? If you can bury a team, bury them! Nothing wrong with being one dimensional if it works.
Hopefully this time we are fully healthy. Grant still looked like his hamstring was bothering him vs the Lions. Also this time we will have Harris and Woodson playing unlike last year. Im fired up, Rodgers and our offense is playing well and dont forget this time it's in Green Bay.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:02 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
This isnt college football, you dont rank teams based on who they played. But, if you must, many have called Minny a potential SB team and Detroit was a .500 team last season.

This is a Packers team that is 16-4 in their last 20 total games and was one score away from the SB. Other than Favre, their entire roster is in tact and all the young players are another year older and wiser.

Putting the Packers 5th in the conference is dumb.

So, if you want to actually throw some figures out there and prove your claim I will be more than happy to listen. Until then you have no basis to your claim.
I made my points. I narrow home win against a winless Vikings and big road win over the winless Lions leaves me unsure about just how good this Packers team is. Until GB puts up a quality win (like Dallas this week) I just am not ready to call them one of the 2 best teams in the NFC.

It's an unwinable discussion and we all know it doesn't matter what we think rankings etc. I'm just saying the jury is out for now.

P.S. Detroit finished last year 7-9 and has won 1 of it's last 11 or 12 games.....at least in my world. In your world it was a quality win against a team that was .500 last year.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:09 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,737 times
That's the thing, the Packers really haven't played a team with a solid defense. Peyton Manning had like 300 yards passing in the 2nd half alone last Sunday. He only had like 150 against the bears.

And Dallas doesn't have a good D either. They have an elite offense but i wouldn't be surprised to see Green Bay put 30 up on Dallas like the Eagles did. The true test will be GB's defense agains that phenomenal Cowboy offense. If GB holds steady, then their defense prove its' worth while GB's offense has yet to be tested...i mean the lions don't even play defense and the vikings always have an AWFUL pass defense. 2-0 against two winless teams...hey, at least you beat the teams that you should!

Old 09-16-2008, 10:14 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,174,444 times
Forecast is fair and 51 degrees. What's that feel like at 7:15 pm in Wisconsin? Windy? Does the temp drop fast in the evening?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Old 09-16-2008, 12:45 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,435 times
Jason Whitten separated his shoulder but will play, not going to be 100% though.

Roy Williams broke his forearm and is out for 3 weeks. If we can come in healthy we will have a big edge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football