Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2008, 09:06 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Do you still think the Packers are one of the top 2 teams in the NFC? They are certainly the best team in their division. This is generally why a reasoned discussion is the best course of action....jumping down peoples throats tends to come back like karma.

Kinda like the karma last year after hearing all year that the Cowboys were superbowl bound, but as usual, they choked in their first playoff game.

Kind of a trend with Dallas. A lot of hype all regular season. One and done in the post season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 09:09 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
I think last night proved the Packers are a good team but still a few players away from being the top team. I would like to see us draft a RB, CB, and DT. Grant is good but not a top RB, if we could get something like the Cowboys have where Grant comes in to pound it and Jones comes in for a burst. Our corners are getting old, so I would like a young guy with talent to be able to step in. The same for DT, we have a bunch of guys but no one thats a stand out player. I think to be a good team you need depth at positions which we have, but you also need play makers, something I think we lack at certain positions.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:07 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,995,839 times
Quote:
Do you still think the Packers are one of the top 2 teams in the NFC? They are certainly the best team in their division. This is generally why a reasoned discussion is the best course of action....jumping down peoples throats tends to come back like karma.

Actually, I do.

I blame last night on the team being outcoached. This team was not prepared for this game and had a terrible game plan. There are so many times that I have to question the play calling for this team.

The one thing I am concerned about is the running game. I have never been sold on Ryan Grant. He had a great run late last season but putting up big numbers for half of season shouldnt get you a big contract and a committment of being a starter. I was hoping in the offseason that the Packers would go get a veteran backup (Sean Alexander would be great).

This loss could turn out to be a positive thing for this team. You learn 100x more from a loss than a win. It's only the third week, with 13 games to go. I still think this Packers team will win 12 games this season.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:30 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Kinda like the karma last year after hearing all year that the Cowboys were superbowl bound, but as usual, they choked in their first playoff game.

Kind of a trend with Dallas. A lot of hype all regular season. One and done in the post season.
It wasn't even been 12 hours since getting whooped by the 'Boys and you're already trashing them? Puh-leeze!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
It wasn't even been 12 hours since getting whooped by the 'Boys and you're already trashing them? Puh-leeze!!!
well what is false about that statement?

Go ahead beat us in week 3, you beat us last year in the regular season. I do recall however you got knocked out in your first game and we played in the NFC championship game. So I think I'll take that.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:49 AM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Actually, I do.

I blame last night on the team being outcoached. This team was not prepared for this game and had a terrible game plan. There are so many times that I have to question the play calling for this team.

The one thing I am concerned about is the running game. I have never been sold on Ryan Grant. He had a great run late last season but putting up big numbers for half of season shouldnt get you a big contract and a committment of being a starter. I was hoping in the offseason that the Packers would go get a veteran backup (Sean Alexander would be great).

This loss could turn out to be a positive thing for this team. You learn 100x more from a loss than a win. It's only the third week, with 13 games to go. I still think this Packers team will win 12 games this season.
I looked at the Packers schedule and don't seem them going 11-2. They have some tough games on this schedule.

@Tampa, Indy, Carolina, @Jacksonville, @NO, Bears x 2 and @Vikings

I think GB will go 10-6 and win their division.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I looked at the Packers schedule and don't seem them going 11-2. They have some tough games on this schedule.

@Tampa, Indy, Carolina, @Jacksonville, @NO, Bears x 2 and @Vikings

I think GB will go 10-6 and win their division.
I think thats a safe bet. Keep in mind though that the Colts look bad so far this season, as well as the Jags. I dont think the Bears are that good and we already beat the Vikes. I do agree with you 10-6 seems reasonable, I holding out for 11-5.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:05 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
i'm not sold on the packers yet, why? the have played nothing but defensive cream puffs and a fairly weak schedule which includes the lions and 2 home games. they FINALLY play a team with a real defense this week in the Bucs. We'll see how Rodgers stacks up...finally! plus Al Harris is gone for the season and the player who is replacing him is the one who got burned all night long by the Dallas Cowboy's WR Austin.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:11 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Ouch. Al Harris gone? Thats pretty much it for the GB defense unless Bigby comes back in and steps up his game another notch.

Hawk and Barnett did not look very good against the run, and the secondary doesn't have much depth at all to afford losing Harris.

But Ted Thompson was a genius for drafting QB's since Favre wanted to retire.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:00 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,995,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Ouch. Al Harris gone? Thats pretty much it for the GB defense unless Bigby comes back in and steps up his game another notch.

Hawk and Barnett did not look very good against the run, and the secondary doesn't have much depth at all to afford losing Harris.

But Ted Thompson was a genius for drafting QB's since Favre wanted to retire.

Losing Al Harris really hurts. We already lacked depth in that position and Harris is a great CB.

I am not sure if any CBs are available through FA. Maybe Thompson will work out a trade but I doubt it, he doesnt like acquiring veterans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football