Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2024, 05:00 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,566,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
College teams don't have sudden death.

And you're assuming the two-point scenario, which even in college has historically only been common by underdogs.

I'll let that "decide the GOAT via two games" point go to others. It's an absurd idea.
College teams are forced to go for two in the third OT (doesn't matter who the underdog is). The NFL clearly doesn't want to extend games that long knowing their audience wants shorter games. I'm assuming common sense (next score wins after the second score). I doubt there are any coaches that would relinquish control in that situation and we have both agreed the defenses are exhausted. I agree with the sports writer at Yahoo who stated as much. We can agree to disagree.

Nothing absurd about my claim on Brady at all. Mahomes had two chances to beat him in playoff situations and lost both times (and Brady was well beyond his prime). If you think Belichick is a good evaluator of talent and didn't screw up opportunities for the Patriots to even have more Superbowls, I don't know what to tell you. Agree to disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2024, 02:21 AM

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/15/mi...-flip-decision

The Chiefs knew it and Esiason commented immediately after. Not the smartest idea to give the Chiefs 4 downs on every drive (it's hard enough to defend them on 3 downs). But yeah, according to Shanahan it's the defensive coordinator's fault. Clown.

Old 02-19-2024, 08:13 AM

5,719 posts, read 4,694,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Maybe a different spin, but I felt two aspects of the game lost it for SF.

2. The first two drives of the second half for SF... they passed the ball six teams that led to consecutive three and outs. I was saying it to my computer, but RUN THE BALL! Had they gotten a first down after the KC interception, a FG would have been huge. Poor playcalling.
Kyle didn't learn his lesson from blowing the 28-3 lead against the Patriots as the OC for the Falcons. Kept passing and stopping the clock when the running game got them the lead.

Old 02-19-2024, 11:24 AM

8,869 posts, read 6,874,754 times
Here's a good, long takedown of the idea that Shanahan should've gone second. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...anahan-mistake

One factor: Going second and "knowing where you need to get" doesn't seem to be that helpful.

Old 02-19-2024, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
Here's a good, long takedown of the idea that Shanahan should've gone second. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...anahan-mistake

One factor: Going second and "knowing where you need to get" doesn't seem to be that helpful.
And every one of his arguments have been refuted by a myriad of sources (which I can easily cite many but won't bother at this point as this will go on forever). I think Dan Orlowsky's was one of the better ones.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QPJyeS...QgZGVmZXJyaW5n

Agree to disagree.

Old 03-11-2024, 10:20 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
As expected, Brock Purdy is now a married man:

https://sports.yahoo.com/purdy-ties-...ycsrp_catchall

Old Today, 02:38 PM

11,504 posts, read 6,008,999 times
So, everybody all in for Ricky Pearsall?

I am hoping for linemen to protect Purdy. The right side of our line needs overhauling, as well as center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football