Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 08:48 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times

Advertisements

I can't stand fat Rex and the wannabe Jets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 09:57 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If the Jets OL can dominate like they did in Indy they'll have a great shot at a win, Brady can't score much on the bench.
The key to beating NE is the defensive line putting pressure on Brady. If you go back and look at the Pats losses, it was a result of pressure on Brady. That's exactly how the Giants beat them in the Superbowl. Line domination and pressure on Brady. Of course it doesn't hurt to keep him off the field as long as possible, but you don't want a well rested/fresh Brady coming off the bench in the fourth quarter. I'd rather see them pressure him and wear his ass out.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:22 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Wannabe? They came within 30 minutes of going to the Super Bowl last year. And unless there was a big-time typo in my local newspaper, they put in an 11-5 season this year, then knocked off the same team in the playoffs that beat them last year.

If that sounds like a 'wannabe' team to you, then you need to get your hearing checked.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:01 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Geez! I gotta disagree there! The Jets continue to impress year after year. As Sanchez matures they will be turning some heads over the next few years. Hell, I'm a Giants fan and have been more impressed with our stadium sharing partners than my own team.

Hoping they go to foxborough and take out them Pats. Will be tough but they at least deserve some respect. KO'ing Indy @ home is no easy task. If this coming game was in Jersey instead of NE, I think the doubters would be thinking twice...

Old 01-12-2011, 01:56 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,491 times
Doubting that the Jets will win is not doubting the Jets. Have you been keeping up with New England? And Tom Brady is wanting another ring. This guy is the absolute best quarterback ever to play the game! The Patriots have the team to do it and if someone can stop Tom Brady it would be nothing short of a miracle. With all that being said, I have to say, I have no choice but to root for New York. I would be so happy to see New York make it to the Super Bowl and win.

Mark Sanchez is really going to have to step it up from here on out. I watched his last game and I'm sure he's much better than that. He's really going to have to step it up on this one.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:54 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,756 times
Gotta agree as well, Jets are not wannabees, they bees, 11-5 is nothing to sneeze at, in addition they made it past (Peyton) the first round playoffs, Sanchez surely gotta step it up a couple of notches as it's gonna be tough for them in NE. What a matchup, rookie QB, mature players, big mouth Ryan vs. Mature QB, rookie team and Belichick! We'll see, looking forward to a good game!

Old 01-12-2011, 03:09 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
All the above comments just went out the door thanks to Rex Ryan and Cromartie or whatever his name is....

Nothing good EVER happens when a team trashtalks the Pats before a game, you can go all the way back to Mike VanderJerk of the Colts doing it back in the day (playoffs 2004 I think) to Smith of the Steelers etc etc... Cromartie's comments today will have them so FIRED up and thirsty for blood. Unfortunately (I hate the Pats), they will beat the crap out of the Jets! Not sure why the Jets would do such a thing and get a great rival even more fired up especially in their house! Makes no sense!

Old 01-12-2011, 03:16 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,491 times
Oh really, he was talking trash?

Wow, what was I thinking? Of course.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:47 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Nothing good EVER happens when a team trashtalks the Pats before a game
Cromartie's mouth has certainly generated plenty of headlines, and of course all the Patriot fans are smirking about it. But let's be honest: that has absolutely nothing to do with what will happen during the game. This season, the Jets pushed the Patriots around in one game, and the Patriots pushed the Jets around in the other. So they're 1-1 against each other, and whoever plays the better game will win the rubber match, no matter what anyone says about anyone else.

You'd like to think more fans were above the professional wrestling mentality, but they go out of their way to prove you wrong over and over again.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:16 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default I prefer the Patriots!

Here's to hoping those loudmouth Jets get their heads handed to them by the far better Patriot team this weekend. I hate loudmouth people. This team was annihilated by the Patriots, and instead of showing respect and class, they're running their mouths like a bunch of ignorant Roosevelts.

Go Patriots!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football