Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:58 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Psst, here is a clue....He shouldnt be dating anyone while he has a wife and 4 kids at home. I dont think anyone deserves death, but he put himself in the position. PERIOD.

I feel horrible for his children and his widow.
No, it was simply his time to go. Most people who commit adultery are not murdered like he was.

He inadvertently put himself in this position. I doubt it that he thought, "hmmm she might shoot me one day".

McNair cheating had NOTHING to do with his death. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person.

Yes, the wife and kids are the main ones suffering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 07:19 AM

551 posts, read 855,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
No, it was simply his time to go. Most people who commit adultery are not murdered like he was.

He inadvertently put himself in this position. I doubt it that he thought, "hmmm she might shoot me one day".

McNair cheating had NOTHING to do with his death. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person.

So you are saying that had McNair been at home with his wife and kids instead of with another women, he would still be dead???

Old 07-06-2009, 07:41 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,614,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmg1 View Post
So you are saying that had McNair been at home with his wife and kids instead of with another women, he would still be dead???

Exactly!

Old 07-06-2009, 07:45 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,614,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post

He put himself in this position. I doubt it that he thought, "hmmm she might shoot me one day".

McNair cheating had NOTHING to do with his death. He PUT HIMSELF in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person.

^^ Fixed your quote to the way it should read.

He probably didnt think hmmm she might shoot me one day, just like he probably didnt think...hmm maybe I should be at home with my family and not out here with this broad.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:33 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,887 times
What a sad and tragic thing. I feel for Steve McNair's surviving children, estranged wife, and other family and friends. He was a great football player, and one who was a role model for young quarterbacks on work ethic, perseverance and pride in one's work. I admire him for that.

I think, however, that some people need to slow down a bit in their condemnation. We don't know what the status of his marriage was. People--even pro athletes--deal with dysfunction in their married lives all the time. It should be no less tragic and sad that this happened to Steve McNair, than if it happened to Dan Marino or John Elway.

I seem to remember that Elway and his wife were on the outs. If Elway dated someone much younger then him--which he did!--before he was officially divorced, would he have deserved to get his head blown off? Of course not. So let's stop acting like McNair had it coming.

Let the family grieve. And judge much less.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:38 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
If anyone says his cheating didn't ultimately lead to his death, then you need your head checked. Like Davidmg1and Speed have said if he was at home with his wife and kids instead of with her, then she would not have shot him.

What's sad is I heard his wife went through nursing school to help him to recover from injuries he sustained while playing in the NFL. Not a very nice way to thank her, if you ask me.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:58 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
I had a coworker(true story) that was donating his time to a local charity that put on programs for special needs children. One year they decided to raise money to build a new park facility outside of one of the schools. As he was working on one of the structures with the other volunteers a drunk driver ran off the road and hit him. He was killed instantly.

So him volunteering "ultimately lead to his death."

Whats your point?

I think this gets the message home:

"I seem to remember that Elway and his wife were on the outs. If Elway dated someone much younger then him--which he did!--before he was officially divorced, would he have deserved to get his head blown off? Of course not. So let's stop acting like McNair had it coming."

Well said.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:59 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Damn, McNair getting shot sure did give a lot of people instant self qualifications as judge and jurors.

The guy made mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes. Some people pay a much higher price than others for their mistakes. Some people get lucky.

I would imagine most everybody who is condemning McNair has at some point in their life done something that put them in a bad situation and it is only luck that nothing bad actually happened.

I guess everybody also immediately knows all of the ins and outs of Steve's relationships with his wife so they are in a good position to judge.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
If anyone says his cheating didn't ultimately lead to his death, then you need your head checked. Like Davidmg1and Speed have said if he was at home with his wife and kids instead of with her, then she would not have shot him.

What's sad is I heard his wife went through nursing school to help him to recover from injuries he sustained while playing in the NFL. Not a very nice way to thank her, if you ask me.
What if YOU cheated with someone 16 years younger than you?

Can I blow your head off? Please pretty please?

Since of course you should be at home with your family, right?

I am going to hunt down all cheating men in America and blow their brains out because they should be at home with their families.

Score one for America! Yay!

Old 07-06-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
^^ Fixed your quote to the way it should read.

He probably didnt think hmmm she might shoot me one day, just like he probably didnt think...hmm maybe I should be at home with my family and not out here with this broad.
Funny how people can say how someone should have done this or that to avoid getting killed when they themselves are not getting their brains blown out.

Chipper Jones cheated on one of his wives, the next time someone says that he is cheating, can I get a woman to blow his brains out too?

Last edited by Black Jack22; 07-06-2009 at 04:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football