Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 04:20 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,724,073 times

Advertisements

People are being harder on McNair, despite the fact that he was a victim of homicide, how about blaming the SHOOTER?

Always blame the man, that is the American way.

I learned something today on City-Data.

A person deserves to get his/her own brains blown out when they cheat if they are not with their families.

Gee Willickers!!!

Btw, I've never cheated on anyone.

Last edited by Black Jack22; 07-06-2009 at 04:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 06:47 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,617,880 times
One of the greatest single seasons in CFB history. Should have won the Heisman in '94, too bad he never played D1A.

Why is everyone waiting until now to judge the man, you guys have no right saying that his own actions caused his death. Some of the posts on this thread are disgusting.

Take a freaking sociology class, you'll learn very quick what victimizing the victim means, and why it is wrong.

RIP.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 07-06-2009 at 07:03 PM..

Old 07-06-2009, 07:18 PM

723 posts, read 1,635,562 times
I'm not sure why the media and everyone else is turning this into a morality issue. It wasn't the cheating that got Steve McNair killed. It was the alcohol. That is what enabled him to slip into the situation he got himself into.

Go back to 2003, McNair gets pulled over for a DUI in Tenn. and blows over the limit. Being a big man in Tenn, the charge gets dropped. A few years ago, while he was with the Ravens. He gets pulled over again in Tenn.This time, McNair and his Brother In Law are both drunk, but the BIL is driving. Those charges were later dropped as well. Just a few days ago, he is in this 3rd DUI incident with this 20 year old. It seems that this guy could not stop drinking and getting into cars. That is a definite alcoholic. It seems that his wanting to party affected his decisions on who he assosiated with. I also feel that he would've eventually be involed in some kind of fatal accident if he kept drinking and getting into cars.

I think the DUI the other day played a huge factor in the murder/suicide. Maybe she blamed him for not paying for a cab. I don't know, but athletes, rock stars and all those guys are always getting women. A lot of their wives figure that it's part of the territory when married to a star. If that was all he did, he might not be dead. I think his love for booze is what led to his death.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:41 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,296,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Funny how people can say how someone should have done this or that to avoid getting killed when they themselves are not getting their brains blown out.

Chipper Jones cheated on one of his wives, the next time someone says that he is cheating, can I get a woman to blow his brains out too?
So your saying if McNair was with his wife and family and not cheating this woman would have come out of the blue and shot him??????

Or the more logical argument, McNair said something like I don't want anything more and the women got mad and shot him several times. If you cheat with a crazy person you run the risk of having happened what went down with McNair.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:56 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,724,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So your saying if McNair was with his wife and family and not cheating this woman would have come out of the blue and shot him??????

Or the more logical argument, McNair said something like I don't want anything more and the women got mad and shot him several times. If you cheat with a crazy person you run the risk of having happened what went down with McNair.
I agree Packersnut21. I think that McNair had had enough of the woman's antics and got tired.

But if you date someone for a while, obviously you did not know that they were that crazy to begin with because you stayed with them for a while.

If she had threatened him with a gun before his death, then it would be clear that he would have had to get the hell away from her before it turned deadly.

I mean McNair should have been at home with his family but he was not, he should have, could have, but right now he is dead.

You know what if so many people would have not turned their car a certain way or not gone outside at a certain time, I bet that a lot of people would still be alive today but the fact is that regardless of what they should have done, they are still dead.

Last edited by Black Jack22; 07-06-2009 at 09:06 PM..

Old 07-06-2009, 10:30 PM

841 posts, read 2,262,498 times
Who cares that McNair cheated on his wife!

Old 07-07-2009, 05:48 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,617,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
Who cares that McNair cheated on his wife!

His four children that do not have a father anymore because the women he was cheating with killed him. I'm sure they care.

Again I like how people take turn words around based on what people post. I didnt read ANYWHERE with one person saying Steve McNair deserved to die for cheating. NO WHERE is that posted. What some people are saying is that his actions put him in a bad situation that in hindsight led to his death. PERIOD. No one is having parades saying he deserved to get shot. The tragedy is that his children will never have thier father again and thats the biggest issue.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:42 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,550,169 times
^^Great opportunity to apply selective judgment. When Tom Brady has another child out of wedlock, and some nutjob decides to cut his throat, come and tell us how he "had it coming".

Old 07-07-2009, 06:55 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,617,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
^^Great opportunity to apply selective judgment. When Tom Brady has another child out of wedlock, and some nutjob decides to cut his throat, come and tell us how he "had it coming".

Right because thats the exact same thing....

Old 07-07-2009, 06:57 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,316,728 times
From what has happen over the weekend, black athletes need to man up and stop living lives of movie stars. Take responsibility for your actions, Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, Santonio Holmes and others take a good look at what has happen. Analyze it and make sure your not in the position to get caught up. Got to be more careful, too many of our people dying young over a piece of ass, its not worth it.
RIP Mr McNair and the girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football