Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 01:21 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You can expose what they did to you on complaintsboard or rip off report. Or you can write a blog about it or do YouTube videos about it. If it is true it's legal and be sure to make it under a pseudonym (fake name e.g., Zilla Moth).

Did you feel like you experienced discrimination because of any characteristic that you have?
Not everyone thrives on drama, artsy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 01:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
this went on for me at home and every where i went for years. i now have complex PTSD because of it.

I'm at the point in my therapy where i'm starting to feel again after being emotionally numb and what i want is revenge.

I've worked out and gotten strong. I have been looking up these people on facebook and i have this urge to go and do something to them, like slash tires or challenge to a fight.

I know this is WRONG but i just have this strong URGE. i feel very angry
I say buy a punching bag and put the photos of your tormentors on it and beat that up (instead of hunting these people down). That, or make voodoo dolls. If you actually do anything to these people you could end up in jail. Nothing productive from that and you're going to regret it.

[get it out of your system legally and then move on]

Old 11-15-2011, 01:32 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
How about becoming active in one of the anti-bullying organizations. Maybe you could help other kids that have been through the same thing. That might even end up helping you, too.

The thing is - about revenge - sometimes people change. It probably wouldn't feel that great to take revenge on someone who turned out to be a really nice person and deeply regrets the jerk that they were back in highschool. You can't go back and change the past - but you can make your future better.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:48 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
How about becoming active in one of the anti-bullying organizations. Maybe you could help other kids that have been through the same thing. That might even end up helping you, too.
Productive.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:49 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
Good God, man. Let go. All that hate and rage will just burn you up inside.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:21 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Good God, man. Let go. All that hate and rage will just burn you up inside.
Couldn't rep you anymore than I already have!

Revenge is just another form of anger that tears you up inside. You're in therapy to be free of what has been plaguing you, not to feed off it and obsess about it further.

The best revenge is living well and succeeding because of or in spite of your past. Whether those people that bullied you remember it or not, they have to live with themselves, and their choices have shaped who they became. Don't let their choices continue to shape or define who you are.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:26 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Couldn't rep you anymore than I already have!

Revenge is just another form of anger that tears you up inside. You're in therapy to be free of what has been plaguing you, not to feed off it and obsess about it further.

The best revenge is living well and succeeding because of or in spite of your past. Whether those people that bullied you remember it or not, they have to live with themselves, and their choices have shaped who they became. Don't let their choices continue to shape or define who you are.
Exactly. I don't care who you are, someone's choices are going to shape you. Let them be your own and let them be good ones.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:37 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
You know, a person who is a bully has his own inner demons. There was one guy in my school who was a terrible bully. He never picked on me or my friends because I had a backbone. But, as it turns out, he was such an a-hole that nobody liked him, and it was a habit he carried with him into adulthood. Drifted from bad relationship to bad relationship, job to job, until he shot himself.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:38 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,554 times
Don't even worry about it. I don't know how long you've been out of high school, but for me, I look back at half the people that were pricks (even if not to me, I know who the dbags were to others) and just laugh. All the bullies from HS end up getting fat, ugly, married and miserable. Don't sweat it.

At the most, give them a few snarky comments. That guy you saw his FB, give him a smart ass comment about. Just be careful he may say something back, but you sound like youre confident now.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:43 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,774,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
this went on for me at home and every where i went for years. i now have complex PTSD because of it.

I'm at the point in my therapy where i'm starting to feel again after being emotionally numb and what i want is revenge.

I've worked out and gotten strong. I have been looking up these people on facebook and i have this urge to go and do something to them, like slash tires or challenge to a fight.

I know this is WRONG but i just have this strong URGE. i feel very angry
Far better to forgive your enemies so it doesnt continue to poison yourself ., and, get you in deeper trouble with the Law. Consider what its like spending alot of time in a prison cell .. perhaps having to share one with a couple other guys who are filled with hatred, hostility, and who dont care at this stage of thier life who they harm .

Be wise, and let it go . Ask God to give you power to overcome and he will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology