Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 10:22 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,129,546 times

Advertisements

Of course graphology is fading in terms of practicality since these days most everyone is employing a keyboard rather than writing. Therefore I think we should introduce a new quackology, "Typology", the "science" of uncovering character traits based on the clues radiating from their individual keyboard eccentricities. We could call the personality profile which emerges "Typecasting."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 04:08 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,790 times
What, no one wanted to stick their neck out and analyze me through my handwriting?

Old 06-06-2012, 04:25 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,592,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cold View Post
What, no one wanted to stick their neck out and analyze me through my handwriting?
well i just thought "regular person"

Old 06-08-2012, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,098 times
Go to [url=http://www.YouTube.com/HandwritingExperts]HandwritingExperts - YouTube[/url] to learn OR [url=http://www.WrittenEscape.com]Welcome to Written Escape Clinics[/url] and check out "testimonials".

Old 06-09-2012, 09:20 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Do you believe in handwriting analysis as a window into someone's head? I do. Mine "reads" me to a tee.

Sure, every knows their basic astrological sign. It's entertaining. Rarely, if ever, do professionals use it for profiling or employment purposes. On the other hand, handwriting analysis is used for forensic profiling. I've even seen ads, about 20 years ago, asking for the typical resume package that included a hand-written statement in major newspapers.

What do you think of handwriting analysis/graphology? Do you think it holds any validity?
I think handwriting is an extension of our personality for sure, but how general or specific in 'reading' a person, I'm not so sure about.

My handwriting changes all the time, sometimes from paragraph to paragraph.
I could write the same paragraph at three different times and have three different styles. I wonder if a graphologist would know it was the same person.
Now, astrologically, my placements stay the same forever....and indeed it is used in hiring. Knowing the make up of a team astrologically and choosing someone who will fit in saves everyone a bunch of headaches.
So, 'rarely' I can agree with...however, out of the 8 jobs I have had in my lifetime, 2 considered astrological dynamics. So I can say 'if ever' is not the case.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:31 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
There are seven signs of dishonesty in handwriting. I used to have to do a quick study before letting a patron walk out of the place I worked with sometimes hundreds of dollars worth or items. I don't remember what they are anymore since I don't do the job anymore, but I looked very carefully at the persons signature and writing when they were filling out the application card needed to get these items.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:22 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
In my experience. Right-brain dominant: messy writing, Left-brain dominant: neat writing. Tends to be a generalization.
So, right handed, then? Yes. As left-brain as the day is long!

Old 06-11-2013, 05:21 AM

956 posts, read 1,767,675 times
No, my sister's and my handwriting are good plus I 've seen plenty of ''chicken scratch'' writing .

Old 06-11-2013, 12:59 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
No one writes with pen and paper anymore. In a few years the only thing graphology will tell you about a person is "probably finished kindergarten".

Old 06-12-2013, 11:03 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
I've read a bit ( a looong time ago) about graphology. I suspect there is something to it, but I don't know about in depth psychoanalysis.

I have had to scan employment apps that had handwriting on them. I felt that I could judge state of mind and neatness from the handwriting. Handwriting that was all over the place, in one case I remember, did seem to belong to someone who seemed volatile and unbalanced. And since I felt that for the job opening I was filling, neatness and attention to detail was important, I noticed when I saw small, neat and precise handwriting.

Beyond this sort of thing, I don't know.

One thing I hated to see on an app was a signature that was needlessly complex and obscured by many lines. That is a signature I mistrust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology