Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 07:56 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
The rules seem to be, you must feel sympathy for the men, and change yourself to please them, because they're unhappy. No, don't bother asking the guys to have sympathy in return; they don't have it for you and won't be starting now.

Oh, and you must start dating guys you don't find hot, while you also realize that if you yourself aren't hot, these same guys would never lower themselves to date you.
On C-D, the guys refuse to believe women struggle to date. This topic can't even be discussed on the Relationships forum; the guys shut it down whenever it comes up. Only men are allowed to complain about being sidelined in the dating game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 08:10 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
This oversexed society is what sets them up to think like that.

Don't get me wrong, they are entirely responsible for their own actions. What I am saying is, is that guys are basically conditioned to think if you are still a virgin by a certain age or haven't kissed a female by a certain age there is something seriously wrong with you. It sets up that type of mindset, and in the wrong minds it can lead to disasters like this.
Yes, this is it. Plus, they isolate themselves, so they don't meet all the other guys in college (and the women) who are in the same boat. They have no idea they're not alone, and that it's not that uncommon to go through college without having certain experiences.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:19 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,642,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
On C-D, the guys refuse to believe women struggle to date. This topic can't even be discussed on the Relationships forum; the guys shut it down whenever it comes up. Only men are allowed to complain about being sidelined in the dating game.
That's really it in a nutshell. The fact that men simply can't comprehend women having the same trouble getting dates pretty much tells the story. It's a complete fixation that probably cannot be undone as severe as it is.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:48 PM

483 posts, read 691,949 times
Quote:
I would say maybe it looms larger as an issue to modern men, because the likes of our fathers and grandfathers weren't taught to share their feelings on the topic, beyond a pro forma grumble or two before getting down to the business of discussing sports and beer. Me, I found it heartwarming when I discovered that men friends of my acquaintance had the same issues that women had (well, at least I can attest firsthand to the types of men who believe in journaling).

Old 06-17-2014, 05:27 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,551,149 times
Quote:
This is totally illogical given that there are almost equal numbers of men and women in the dating game. If the women aren't having problems dating and the guys are, who are the women dating?

It stands to reason that if a significant number of men are going dateless that a significant number of women are going dateless too. Something doesn't add up here.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskittytalks View Post
I would say maybe it looms larger as an issue to modern men, because the likes of our fathers and grandfathers weren't taught to share their feelings on the topic, beyond a pro forma grumble or two before getting down to the business of discussing sports and beer. Me, I found it heartwarming when I discovered that men friends of my acquaintance had the same issues that women had (well, at least I can attest firsthand to the types of men who believe in journaling).
Actually, they didn't judge women by their looks alone and they didn't expect them like prizes. Go back to the pioneer days. A wife was a needed partner. So much so that men would send for a mail order bride (testifies to the difficulty in dating back then too) if they lost their wife. It's only in modern society that women have become prizes men think they deserve just for existing.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:46 AM

19,644 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
That's really it in a nutshell. The fact that men simply can't comprehend women having the same trouble getting dates pretty much tells the story. It's a complete fixation that probably cannot be undone as severe as it is.
Those women don't count. Only the "dateable" ones do. There are a fair group of invisible women, so how can they be sympathized with or included in the debate if they don't really exist.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Those women don't count. Only the "dateable" ones do. There are a fair group of invisible women, so how can they be sympathized with or included in the debate if they don't really exist.
Bingo. Undateable women just don't count because they're undateable. Of course it's WRONG for DATEABLE women to not want to date THEM because ALL MEN should be able to date dateable women. Only women fall into the undateable category.

Maybe we should legalize polyandry. Then all the men can share the dateable women. I'm guessing they don't want to share though.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:21 AM

240 posts, read 240,428 times
Quote:

That's because it's true, and it's been explained to you many times, despite your vociferous protestations to the contrary.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceShamWow View Post
That's because it's true, and it's been explained to you many times, despite your vociferous protestations to the contrary.
So the women who are deemed undateable and sit home on Saturday night are just a figment of our imagination?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology