Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 02:12 AM

5,408 posts, read 3,606,441 times

Advertisements

if you can live alone and be happy doing it, then you haven't got a problem.
when you have had a lifetimes experience of other people-like I have, you will know that other people are no damn good and are not to be trusted.
most people cannot live alone and they enter into unsuitable relationships and are unhappy sometimes depressed and even in some cases suicidal, if by living alone you can have a happy life then go for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 02:49 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,059,051 times
Am in total agreement with those who feel you can be content and accept yourself for who you are.

Old 11-10-2015, 03:28 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,282,580 times
Please do not have kids if you are not ready. This usually makes for mal-adjusted kids. You can always adopt if you change your mind later.

And for the record, clinically, you are not "anti social" (i.e., a criminal) you are merely an "introvert"

Symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder

Antisocial personality disorder is diagnosed when a person’s pattern of antisocial behavior has occurred since age 15 (although only adults 18 years or older can be diagnosed with this disorder) and consists of the majority of these symptoms:
  • Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
  • Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
  • Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
  • Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
  • Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
  • Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
  • Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another

There should also be evidence of Conduct Disorder in the individual as a child, whether or not it was ever formally diagnosed by a professional.

Antisocial Personality Disorder Symptoms | Psych Central

Old 11-10-2015, 04:03 AM

5,408 posts, read 3,606,441 times
not everyone who is anti social has criminal intentions, the two don't always go together despite what some people think.
I am anti social in that I don't like other people especially in more than a one to one situation, but I have never done anything illegal in my life.
I just prefer to be on my own than with other people.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:47 AM

769 posts, read 783,164 times
So what's the problem? They have what you need in Nevada.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:10 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,313,309 times
So you tolerated some people but all of a sudden you just stopped liking everyone. I call bs. Someone did something to you (most likely a woman) and now you're bitter and think all people are bad. Don't be in denial. I do believe you can be perfectly content alone but your want of a family contradicts that claim.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:52 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
DPolo it seems like you are right where you want to be. Why are you trying to force yourself into a mold that you don't belong in? Stay single, stay alone, stay happy. Your life seems to be working just fine for you the way it is.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:43 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,767,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I just turned 39 and I see a mental health professional a couple of times a year to keep myself in check. I am single, no kids was married for a couple of years ages ago.

My tolerance for other humans and sociability is getting to the point where I start wondering. It started out that i could only tolerate certain people, now i don't like any-one.

I have long time friends calling me up, "let's hang out" and all I am interested is alone time. I want sex from women. That's all I want. Talking to women, is the same category as talking to people, I prefer dogs.

A while ago, I asked myself if humanity was G-d's mistake, was confused why G-d created these annoying, vile creatures called humans.

I discuss stuff online, like on Citidata and facebook, but that is all my human contact outside of work.

I am not unhappy, I am happy, don't think I am depressed. I only started this thread because i recently turned 39, if there is a family in my future, I don't have much time to mess around, have to use this year to figure out my situation, because i am going to end up an odd, lonely old man pretty soon, if i don't figure it out.

I told some of this to my Shrink and he pretty much said get a dog, don't be alone.

remember when i said all I want from women is sex ? I am only attracted to women who at least 10 younger then me with an athletic body type. (in other words, "sex"). A female my age who has everything to be wife material, without the body of a 24 year old cheerleader does not get noticed by me.

I have a masters and work in STEM (meaning I am a bright guy, I took an IQ test that explained allot, 125-130 range).

What do you guys think ? Suggest ?

Thanks
That's not what "anti-social" means. An antisocial person is a criminal -- steals stuff, breaks things, uses people and throws them away, beats up partner & kids.

What you are, my friend, is UNsocial. Maybe even a touch Aspergery. But not antisocial. (Unless you are holding out on us as far as the criminal behavior goes. )

Old 11-10-2015, 05:19 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,429,421 times
I am not sure I agree. It says here that antisocial people engage in crime for profit. Engage in crime for other reasons other then profit. Your interested in being bad and opposing social norms, you are not a criminal you just have little regard for laws.

I was interviewing for jobs, and I was asked if I would ever commit a crime, I would say "It depends" that's the most honest answer I can give. Myself I do not hold common law holly, I hold G-d holly, so I do not want to commit crimes against G-d. Here is a good game to play, objectives are to commit a crime but in the end G-d has to win. For example, many years ago we had slavery here in US, so some people broke the law by smuggling slaves to freedom, this would be a crime of choice.

I am not an inrtrovert, any online test will say that I am extroverted, but not allot. I just don't like you, that's why I keep to myself. (I don't mean you personally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Please do not have kids if you are not ready. This usually makes for mal-adjusted kids. You can always adopt if you change your mind later.

And for the record, clinically, you are not "anti social" (i.e., a criminal) you are merely an "introvert"

Symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder

Antisocial personality disorder is diagnosed when a person’s pattern of antisocial behavior has occurred since age 15 (although only adults 18 years or older can be diagnosed with this disorder) and consists of the majority of these symptoms:
  • Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
  • Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
  • Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
  • Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
  • Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
  • Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
  • Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another

There should also be evidence of Conduct Disorder in the individual as a child, whether or not it was ever formally diagnosed by a professional.

Antisocial Personality Disorder Symptoms | Psych Central

Old 11-10-2015, 05:22 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,429,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
DPolo it seems like you are right where you want to be. Why are you trying to force yourself into a mold that you don't belong in? Stay single, stay alone, stay happy. Your life seems to be working just fine for you the way it is.

That is certainly a possibility. I like living alone. I even get tired when guests stay to long. People are just raised with family values, get married raise a family... I mean these are social norms across the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology