Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 12:45 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,766,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Do something crazy.. something different.. you will move out of this place soon enough

Start singing karaoke at local palce,,, they don't have karaoke place? buy mic and machine & throw crazy yard party..

Steal everyones newspaper in the morning & see how fanatic they go. Do pranks around town and laugh your heart out.

sit
Seriously? You're advising someone to commit theft? If he's miserable now, he'll be more miserable after being arrested. Most people have security cameras now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadory View Post
You have many nice posts to consider here andrew! If I were you, I'd heed the advise of Listener and scour the neighborhood for like-minded people. I would also urge you to reflect on KeraT's suggestion and form a karaoke club. Her idea about stealing everyone's newspaper is excellent. People will laugh & laugh. "Oh there goes Andy!" They'll be calling you Andy by then.
They'll be calling cops. They won't laugh, they'll be mad.

OP I hope you find something that works for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 02:11 PM

505 posts, read 584,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewkw View Post
Well really just over 3 as I've already gotten through most of the first year. For my question the details don't really matter but I can provide more if anyone thinks it would help but I think this sums it up :

Moved to a new area with a new lifestyle. Thought it would be great, almost immediately didn't like it, wife also doesn't like it but it took her longer to admit despite this being my dream. We both agree that this environment is better for our son as he does better in a small school setting.

To get through the day by day "grind" we agree when he finishes high school we will move. That's in approximately 1129 more days. I keep a countdown window open on my computer but don't check it each and every single day. Besides this fact we would lose money selling our house so quickly and we can't even go back to where we were as being priced out is what initially brought us here (I really did think we'd love it to).

It was well over 1200 days when I started counting down I know it's going to be tough but assuming we stay like this can we actually survive the 3 years then go back to some resemblance of our old lives? We know we can't go back to where we were due to cost of living but perhaps a similar lifestyle in an outlying area vs going for broke and moving to the middle of no where. My hope is we will appreciate things more after getting through this. Some days I'm thinking its fine, only 3 years. Other days I feel like I can't take it anymore.
My parents moved my brother and I around ALOT when growing up. My sister was even excited to graduate high school at another school, relocating after her junior year. I say move where you'll be happy. So what. Don't wait. Live! (This is coming from another 30 something who has moved 5x's in her 30's. Soon to relocate again.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology