Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 09:50 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
I have noticed unattractive women, and some 100 lbs or more overweight, will want to be the "victim" of sexual harassment thats actually non existent.
That's funny. We are 110 guys and 6 women at work. 1 of the women is very large and sloppy dressed. She filed a sexual harassment suit against a coworker and we are all thinking, WTF. None ever even looks at her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 10:10 AM

2,172 posts, read 4,627,534 times
9 times out of 10 it is loss prevention following them or someone else near them. That is why Walmart says "OK, we got this" but they don't take any action because they know it is LP but they don't want it getting out. Also it occurs so regularly the police probably call Walmart before investigating. Walmart tells them it is LP and the police drop it.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:33 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
I call BS on the ENTIRE story. This is just women wanting a little attention and sympathy from all their friends..."OMG, are you sure you're ok? soooo many scary people out there....you can't trust anyone..." On and on - drama queen

Old 08-10-2017, 02:02 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,632,418 times
Imagine that. A guy walking around a WalMart! Holy smokes....alert the media. For sure call the police because they have NOTHING else going on.

If you're going to snatch a kid, sure Wallies is a great place. There's always abandoned/roaming children. There's also security cameras. No one is going to snatch your little snowflake standing next to you....as if that ever happens in WalMart....a child not screaming it's brains out with it's parents. That's like an April Fool's Day joke right there.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:19 PM

3,140 posts, read 2,261,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I've read 4 stories on Facebook, that are all very similar, in the last 3 or 4 months.

The basic story is always a mother, in a store, and she notices someone paying too close attention to herself, or to her children.

In one story, it was a man and a woman. In another story, a man grabbed one of the kids and tried to walk away, and in the other stories, it's a guy standing too close to the kids or herself, thus creeping the mother out.

In the latest story, that I read today, the mother (posting on her facebook page) stated that she was at a Walmart with her 3 kids, when this guy started following them, and it eventually made her so nervous and creeped out that she called her husband, ( who apparently worked very close by, as he was there in 3 minutes.) who came to rescue them, and THEN they proceeded to tell the manager at Walmart about it. Then she stated that the police were called.

THEN it came out that Walmart had not called the police. The FB person said she THOUGHT Walmart had called the police, but then found out they hadn't, so SHE called the police instead, and they were currently going through video. That was apparently her last statement on the matter.

THEN it comes out, that the police know NOTHING about the whole incident, and THEN it comes out that Walmart calls BS on the whole thing, and says what DID happen, was that they had a shoplifting incident that same day...but that was it.

So...like I said, this is the 4th story I've read on FB, about some creepster following a mom and children around a store, and OMG! Be careful! stories.

Why am I posting this in Psychology? Because I'm thinking that human kind like to have their boogey men. For the life of me, I don't know how this woman thought she was going to get away with these shenanigans, unless she was using a fake facebook page...

But it strikes me that it's not a new phenomenon, it's just that now, things go viral, so there's always someone who will eventually call out the BS.

When I was in my 20's, and working in an office filled with women, we got a new employee, who was new to St. Louis area, from North or South Dakota...I forget which Dakota it was. One day, she went on and on about how bad the Indians were there, and how you had to REALLY keep an eye on your kids and babies...especially blond haired blue eyed babies, because the Indians would snatch and steal them away. And since SHE was a blond haired child, she always had to watch out for the Indians. Besides which, they're dirty, lazy, and blah blah blah.

People. I'M part NA. THIS wackadoodle BS was making my blood boil. I finally spoke up, interrupting her, telling her that I'M part Native American, and that her generalizations were hurtful, and most likely a pile of lies. It shut her right up. Well, truthfully, it shut everyone up for a couple of hours. LOL But again...a boogey man story.

When slavery was rampant, it was the animalistic black man, who wanted to rape the white plantation owners' women...another boogey man.

It seems like it's a psychological "thing".
Just one more of many,many reasons why I never bought into the Facebook craze. Never had an account and don't intend to. Why anyone would waste their time on such drama is beyond me.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:55 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,034,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I call BS on the ENTIRE story. This is just women wanting a little attention and sympathy from all their friends..."OMG, are you sure you're ok? soooo many scary people out there....you can't trust anyone..." On and on - drama queen

Well, the entire story HAS been shut down.

But what gets me is...what's the mental mechanism, when you make up such a story...but the story is going to eventually collapse. How is she going to look her friends in the face? HOW is she going to look at her husband in the face? Did she not realize that someone would smell the BS and call the police to see if such a thing was reported? How is her husband going to feel, getting pulled in to something like this?

Well anyway...it still makes me wonder if this person's I.D. or facebook page was hacked, and someone else made up the whole thing, with no regard to the reputation of the real person. I don't know.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:10 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Just one more of many,many reasons why I never bought into the Facebook craze. Never had an account and don't intend to. Why anyone would waste their time on such drama is beyond me.
I do it for the cat videos.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:41 PM

887 posts, read 1,216,217 times
Facebook! Any bets that stupid selfiestick would not have been invented but for FB?

Old 08-10-2017, 08:53 PM

6,590 posts, read 4,982,629 times
I saw one of those posts (shared many times) where the lady with kids had multiple "close-calls" in a short amount of time.

I know this stuff happens, but all I could think was either this lady lives in sex-traffic central or she has the worst luck ever!

Old 08-11-2017, 01:00 AM

115 posts, read 98,341 times
It has become a normal thing now for people because they are so integrated in the society. They don't think outside what they have been taught. You just to go outside from your fear zone to know people and it turns out people aren't so bad as you might think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology