Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 08:42 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times

Advertisements

Grandson was bored as we were getting treats after school with granddaughter. He mentioned he was interested in taking pictures, so I handed him my phone and told him he could take pictures. He enjoyed taking shots and using the filters. It was a great way for him to not be bored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 11:47 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
My dad suffered with AML for 8 months. He was going to be one of the 1st to do a stem cell transplant. I can't thank you enough for your gift and wish I could thank everyone that donated blood that he used as there were times blood products were in very short supply.
My older son used a lot of blood products when he was treated for leukemia. I am still paying that one forward (a few gallons of type O positive later ) with my last donation about two weeks ago.

Today I held the door for a delivery person who was pushing a dolly full of office supplies.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:06 AM
Status: "In the words of Steve Winwood, Roll With It!" (set 23 days ago)

296 posts, read 217,211 times
Yesterday, just as I was looking for a parking spot at a Lowe's Home Improvement store, I saw a man, woman and little girl get out of a late model SUV and walk to the Chick Fil-A which was immediately adjacent to the Lowe's parking lot---the man or woman apparently inadvertently bumped the rear door release button on the keyless entry remote, because the door opened even though no one was nearby.

I closed the door down before heading into Lowe's, and this is a time of year when vehicle break-ins are more of a problem, so closing the rear door down for these strangers might have saved them from having anything, such as Christmas gifts, stolen from the vehicle!

Old 12-11-2018, 11:44 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,456,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Every day I try to hand out as many rep points as I can before getting the message I've handed out too many in 24 hours. I usually just pick one or 2 threads as I drink my coffee and copy and paste thanks ~Roselvr. I hit up some users with not many rep points so I hope it makes their day.

Yes you did that for me Roselvr! Thanks!

Our neighbors shoveled our driveway along with theirs one snowy day and I remember looking out the window and the nice surprise it was to see our driveway cleared. When we got new neighbors this year, we shoveled our driveway and theirs after our first major snowstorm. It felt great to pay it forward.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:01 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
A fellow worshiper's Yarmulke, or skull cap, kept falling off. I kept picking it up.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:57 PM

289 posts, read 489,288 times
I moved my neighbor's trash can so she could back out of her driveway (she is handicapped, and the trash man had left it right in the middle). I also bought four children's winter coats and donated them to kids affected by this year's hurricanes.

Old 12-18-2018, 01:44 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Today I was at the Department of Motor Vehicles office in Wappingers Falls, New York. I dropped my driver's license on the ground. Someone mentioned it to me.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:48 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
Received:
Neighbor came over with a Christmas card and Red Lobster gift card. Inside the card she had written, "Best neighbors ever!"

Given:
I looked out the kitchen window and saw DH all bundled up working in the cold splitting wood. When he came in I made him one of his favorite lunches - bacon, eggs and toast.

Old 12-19-2018, 01:02 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Received:
Neighbor came over with a Christmas card and Red Lobster gift card. Inside the card she had written, "Best neighbors ever!"

Given:
I looked out the kitchen window and saw DH all bundled up working in the cold splitting wood. When he came in I made him one of his favorite lunches - bacon, eggs and toast.

Wonderful exchange of kindness, Lodestar

Old 12-21-2018, 03:15 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,315,801 times
Some random guy at my local barber shop paid for my haircut last week.

The place was crowded on this particular day, and there was only one barber cutting hair. I was next in line, but right before it was my turn, a guy from outside walks in and says that he was still in line (supposedly he told the barber earlier that he was going to be waiting outside, and so when it was his turn, he walked in and headed for the barber chair).

I thought it was kind of sketchy for him to claim his spot in line since he was outside, but I didn't say anything. The barber sort of felt bad about it as well and came over and explained the situation to me; she knew that I was next in line, but had I guess forgotten that the other guy was outside and still waiting his turn. I sort of made a face, like "Oh, ok, I guess!" and sort of grinned and smirked. And the guy obviously saw me make a face and probably felt bad about it. I wasn't sure if he just decided to cut in line or if, in fact, he was genuinely waiting his turn outside, so I made a face.

But after the guy's haircut was done, he paid for his haircut and paid the lady in advance for my haircut; he then walked up to me and shook my hand and said "Merry Christmas!"

I felt bad at that point for having had made a face, and I thanked him profusely and told him what a nice gesture it was for him to pay for me. I really wasn't expecting that. It was very kind and thoughtful of that man to do that -- and I genuinely felt like an ******* for having made a face. So, I intend to pay that act of kindness forward in some way over the holiday season. It's easy to get so caught up in the stressors and struggles of life that I sometimes don't realize that not every act of supposed disrespect or aggression is meant to be as such. Sometimes we misread others' intentions or fail to realize that other people do not always genuinely intend to wrong us or slight us -- even though it may seem that way initially.

So, that was the kindest thing anyone has done for me in recent memory, pay for my haircut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology