Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2022, 10:39 AM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times

Advertisements

Sooo...let me tell you about a dream I had Monday night.

First, I will tell you that I often have dreams where we are being invaded by space aliens. Like "War of the World" kind of dreams. I have them every 3 or 4 months, and they're always kind of scary to me.

So Monday night, I dreamed that I was at a Bible Study, listening to the leader. In the dream, I knew the other people attending, but I didn't know any of them in real life. It's night time, and I glance out the window...and lo...there's the Leaning Tower of Pisa. And it's close...like the next building over, and I can see great detail. But how can it be? I'm in the St. Louis area, and we don't have a Leaning Tower of Pisa...how is this happening? And it's troubling me, and I'm thinking this must be some kind of Hologram or something. Something to distract us maybe?

I glance around the room to see if anyone else is seeing this, and a few of us are seeing it, and giving each other weird looks, because we can't believe our eyes. But not everyone seems to notice...just a few of us.

I decide to get up out of my chair, and go to the window to get a closer look, and that's when I see that there's a huge mothership kind of spacecraft, and there are military jets flying around and firing at the spacecraft, and the spacecraft is firing back at the fighter jets. We're under attack.

I was writing this out in an email to a friend of mine...and as I was writing it out, I figured out what the dream meant.

The Bible study is kind of obvious. What happened to my sons and the other boy was at a Bible Study, but outside...in the dark.

The Leaning Tower of Pisa...get this, this guy's wife, her name is Pia. In analyzing the dream, I think Pisa/Pia represents that she was his 'cover' and distracting for him to be weird, creepy, etc. "We" never suspected he was the way he was. He seemed like a normal husband and father. In the dream, a few of us see this tower, and we know it's not right...but what IS it actually? I think us few people represent the friends that mutually knew this family...when I blasted him on Facebook.

And I think the invasion was to represent the battle of good vs. evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2022, 01:23 PM

12,779 posts, read 14,996,596 times
Firstly, I'm really sorry that happened to your son! My mom raised me to not be surprised by anything anyone does, to be extremely observant of people, & to never completely trust anyone all the way.

During this Bible study, too bad you weren't watching your son like a hawk a lot more. He wouldn't have left my side because I know things exactly like this could happen. Even if your son had to go to the bathroom (in these people's house), I'd walk w/ him to the bathroom, wait outside, & walk w/ him back. None of this, "OK go ahead" business. Thank God, he didn't rape your son & the other boys in the darkness outside...oh he very well could have, who really knows. He could have w/ other boys at some point I'm sure, OR you have no idea if your son is downplaying what really happened because he felt ashamed.

& it's really sad that your son didn't seem to feel that he could tell you anything no matter what it is, which I'd instill in my kids. That would worry me as a parent. I'd be thinking, if he didn't tell me something like this, what else has he never told me?

OK, so to the present day, I'd want to put that sick __ to the full extent of the law if I still could. I'd check w/ my police department to see what my statute of limitations are & still report him if I still could.

In the meantime, yes, expose him on FB or wherever else you can. Hopefully, everyone in their social circle, church, etc. will stop being in denial & wake the __ up & start to believe you. I'm sure many would be able to think back at some odd occurrences he did (he always wanted to be in charge of the kids'/boys' activity grp at church, teach Sunday school to kids, was the, "nice guy" who offered to take little Timmy to the bathroom, always volunteers to be a part of kids in some way, etc., etc., etc.)

& I have no doubt that he was probably molesting, raping, & God knows what else to his stepson & probably his daugher too (even though he seems like boys) for who knows how long & who knows how many other innocent kids he did this too all throughout the yrs, especially being in some kind of figure at this church. It makes me sick just thinking about it. That perverted, sick, mad __!

It's obvious his wife has her head in the sand because I find it completely hard to believe that she could never tell or see red flags all those years, etc. that something's wrong w/ her own husband...not only that he's a closested gay man, but a molester/probably rapist, etc. too. An observant, smart person could see it. Now, she could also be one of those types who knew all along, but she's such a weak, no-backbone ninny that she didn't want to rock the boat w/ her husband, confront him, etc.

Do you know some men who are sickos purposefully marry women w/ kids so they can have access to kids all the time to do what they want w/ them because more than likely, the woman they married will trust them & let them babysit at some point or another. Poor, poor, innocent kids! I wouldn't get married to some other man if I had little kids.

I would have had the authorities on him so fast yrs ago, his head would spin!

Last edited by Forever Blue; 10-14-2022 at 01:37 PM..

Old 10-14-2022, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Firstly, I'm really sorry that happened to your son! My mom raised me to not be surprised by anything anyone does, to be extremely observant of people, & to never completely trust anyone all the way.

During this Bible study, too bad you weren't watching your son like a hawk a lot more. He wouldn't have left my side because I know things exactly like this could happen. Even if your son had to go to the bathroom (in these people's house), I'd walk w/ him to the bathroom, wait outside, & walk w/ him back. None of this, "OK go ahead" business. Thank God, he didn't rape your son & the other boys in the darkness outside...oh he very well could have, who really knows. He could have w/ other boys at some point I'm sure, OR you have no idea if your son is downplaying what really happened because he felt ashamed.

& it's really sad that your son didn't seem to feel that he could tell you anything no matter what it is, which I'd instill in my kids. That would worry me as a parent. I'd be thinking, if he didn't tell me something like this, what else has he never told me?

OK, so to the present day, I'd want to put that sick __ to the full extent of the law if I still could. I'd check w/ my police department to see what my statute of limitations are & still report him if I still could.

In the meantime, yes, expose him on FB or wherever else you can. Hopefully, everyone in their social circle, church, etc. will stop being in denial & wake the __ up & start to believe you. I'm sure many would be able to think back at some odd occurrences he did (he always wanted to be in charge of the kids'/boys' activity grp at church, teach Sunday school to kids, was the, "nice guy" who offered to take little Timmy to the bathroom, always volunteers to be a part of kids in some way, etc., etc., etc.)

& I have no doubt that he was probably molesting, raping, & God knows what else to his stepson & probably his daugher too (even though he seems like boys) for who knows how long & who knows how many other innocent kids he did this too all throughout the yrs, especially being in some kind of figure at this church. It makes me sick just thinking about it. That perverted, sick, mad __!

It's obvious his wife has her head in the sand because I find it completely hard to believe that she could never tell or see red flags all those years, etc. that something's wrong w/ her own husband...not only that he's a closested gay man, but a molester/probably rapist, etc. too. An observant, smart person could see it. Now, she could also be one of those types who knew all along, but she's such a weak, no-backbone ninny that she didn't want to rock the boat w/ her husband, confront him, etc.

Do you know some men who are sickos purposefully marry women w/ kids so they can have access to kids all the time to do what they want w/ them because more than likely, the woman they married will trust them & let them babysit at some point or another. Poor, poor, innocent kids! I wouldn't get married to some other man if I had little kids.

I would have had the authorities on him so fast yrs ago, his head would spin!
If I had known, all those years ago, I would've reported him too. But it's been more than 20 years ago, and I'm not reporting him without my son's consent, as my son is a grown man now.

Old 10-14-2022, 05:12 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,898,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Sooo...let me tell you about a dream I had Monday night.

First, I will tell you that I often have dreams where we are being invaded by space aliens. Like "War of the World" kind of dreams. I have them every 3 or 4 months, and they're always kind of scary to me.

So Monday night, I dreamed that I was at a Bible Study, listening to the leader. In the dream, I knew the other people attending, but I didn't know any of them in real life. It's night time, and I glance out the window...and lo...there's the Leaning Tower of Pisa. And it's close...like the next building over, and I can see great detail. But how can it be? I'm in the St. Louis area, and we don't have a Leaning Tower of Pisa...how is this happening? And it's troubling me, and I'm thinking this must be some kind of Hologram or something. Something to distract us maybe?

I glance around the room to see if anyone else is seeing this, and a few of us are seeing it, and giving each other weird looks, because we can't believe our eyes. But not everyone seems to notice...just a few of us.

I decide to get up out of my chair, and go to the window to get a closer look, and that's when I see that there's a huge mothership kind of spacecraft, and there are military jets flying around and firing at the spacecraft, and the spacecraft is firing back at the fighter jets. We're under attack.

I was writing this out in an email to a friend of mine...and as I was writing it out, I figured out what the dream meant.

The Bible study is kind of obvious. What happened to my sons and the other boy was at a Bible Study, but outside...in the dark.

The Leaning Tower of Pisa...get this, this guy's wife, her name is Pia. In analyzing the dream, I think Pisa/Pia represents that she was his 'cover' and distracting for him to be weird, creepy, etc. "We" never suspected he was the way he was. He seemed like a normal husband and father. In the dream, a few of us see this tower, and we know it's not right...but what IS it actually? I think us few people represent the friends that mutually knew this family...when I blasted him on Facebook.

And I think the invasion was to represent the battle of good vs. evil.
That's a pretty darn good analysis, Snazzy. I remember when I was studying dreams and other spiritual things, I as reminded that everyone in the dream is us. That never quite rang true to me. I think that whatever we think the dream means is what it is, because it is our dream and our impressions and conclusions about it. It's just like when one looks at a piece of art, it speaks to us in ways that only we understand and appreciate (or not).

Old 10-14-2022, 05:24 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,391,623 times
Default Get the law involved!

You must report him to police, immediately. The longer he remains in the public, he will continue to do damage to more children.

I know a bit about what I have said. I was a victim myself at 12-14; 6th and 7th grade. I had some kind of sign on my head.

Goes to show these pedophiles are everywhere. A wolf in sheep's clothing describes it to a T.

Old 10-18-2022, 03:49 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It’s too bad the guy wasn’t reported to the police when it happened, but it’s probably too late now.

It can be a warning for others to not be naive about men who are put inter positions of authority with young boys. My grandsons were going to a youth group and my son felt like there was something uncomfortable about the man in charge of it. I really don’t know the details, but it did turn out he was grooming my grandson. I don’t know if the police were notified, but my son was a special ops soldier, who definitely had a few words with the guy.

It’s a shame we have to think like this these days, since youth groups need male leaders now, more than ever.
And it's going to be harder and harder to get them, for this very reason. There seems to be an ever-growing concern about adult men who choose to put themselves in situations involving young children. The fact that most men are NOT child molesters won't help if the gossip machine happens to get cranked up against you. More and more men are realizing that the risks are simply not worth the reward . . . and the young children, especially boys, who need male leadership and mentoring and guidance are not going to get them.

I used to volunteer in my church's nursery. The rule was that there always had to be at least two adults present at all times, which I wholeheartedly agreed with. (Avoid even the appearance of impropriety, and all that.) But then it was modified a bit. Two women could be together. A man and a woman could be together. But two men could not be together. The unspoken assumption was that men were so at-risk to be abusers that they couldn't even be trusted with another man there with them. I deeply resented the implication, so I stopped volunteering. They're always asking for more volunteers; I always ignore them.

Old 10-23-2022, 01:24 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,391,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
And it's going to be harder and harder to get them, for this very reason. There seems to be an ever-growing concern about adult men who choose to put themselves in situations involving young children. The fact that most men are NOT child molesters won't help if the gossip machine happens to get cranked up against you. More and more men are realizing that the risks are simply not worth the reward . . . and the young children, especially boys, who need male leadership and mentoring and guidance are not going to get them.

I used to volunteer in my church's nursery. The rule was that there always had to be at least two adults present at all times, which I wholeheartedly agreed with. (Avoid even the appearance of impropriety, and all that.) But then it was modified a bit. Two women could be together. A man and a woman could be together. But two men could not be together. The unspoken assumption was that men were so at-risk to be abusers that they couldn't even be trusted with another man there with them. I deeply resented the implication, so I stopped volunteering. They're always asking for more volunteers; I always ignore them.
Its too bad you took offence and withdrew from serving your community over it.

Whether or not you were offended, it still remains true that men are in the majority of predators. It has been proven that hierarchical/elite/religious systems exist where sexual harassment and abuse proliferate without objection or being taken seriously.

It is naive to think that having people present in the nursery will prevent anything. These abuses are done in private, after class, out of any common area, and the victims are groomed in advance just by virtue of frequent contact in normally safe locations.

Old 10-24-2022, 11:27 AM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity69 View Post
If it were me and this was on my mind, I would go to my local police station and speak to someone for advice on what to do. If nothing else, you will feel better knowing you did something, especially if in the future something horrifying happens and then you might always think "should've, could've, would've."
I would absolutely not do that without permission of her sons. They are adults now and should make their own choice if they want to pursue something, or not.

Old 11-01-2022, 05:53 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,131,193 times
Deleted

Old 11-03-2022, 10:27 AM

Whoever private messaged me, it never crossed my mind that the leaning tower would represent his penis! LOL

But in the world of pyschology, we all know penises reign supreme. ;-P (You gave me a laugh. LOL)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology