Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 02:11 PM

125 posts, read 194,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
Do you know what hunting is?? It is humanly killing an animal to EAT, not for sport. Do you honestly think hunters kill a deer and leave it in the woods to rot?? I don't think you understand hunting at all.
I do understand hunting but how often is the animal only wounded? Don't tell me that all hunters are crack shots. If they could all kill the animal with one clean shot I wouldn't feel so badly about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 04:38 PM

535 posts, read 1,031,796 times
Quote:
Do you know what hunting is?? It is humanly killing an animal to EAT, not for sport. Do you honestly think hunters kill a deer and leave it in the woods to rot?? I don't think you understand hunting at all.
I am not a hunter but I do eat the meat my good friend brings home. Deer meat chilli is the best I have ever had

Old 11-18-2011, 07:42 PM

3,179 posts, read 6,002,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.emm View Post
I do understand hunting but how often is the animal only wounded? Don't tell me that all hunters are crack shots. If they could all kill the animal with one clean shot I wouldn't feel so badly about it
If you understood hunting, you wouldn't have made that ridiculous post about the dead deer. Obviously that one was not just wounded. He is dinner!!!

Old 11-19-2011, 04:19 AM

Quote:
If you understood hunting, you wouldn't have made that ridiculous post about the dead deer. Obviously that one was not just wounded. He is dinner!!!
But just how long did he take to die?

Old 11-19-2011, 04:24 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
Can we get back on topic with FISHING CHARLOTTE HARBOR AREA, please?

Old 11-19-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Can we get back on topic with FISHING CHARLOTTE HARBOR AREA, please?
Messing About, I hope you have noticed that neither Harbor Hopper or I have posted anything else about hunting or killing animals. We're being very good and obeying the rules

Last edited by elizabeth.emm; 11-19-2011 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: missed a word

Old 11-21-2011, 04:17 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,964,095 times
Getting back to a vaguely string-relevant topic, I've been whiling away the dark German hours 'til closing playing with Google maps, and measuring the distance from my soon-to-be outlet to the popular fishin' holes. MA, I'm starting to think that Subaru Jim may have a case for his trailer strategy - some of those spots are a loooong ways away.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpc691 View Post
Getting back to a vaguely string-relevant topic, I've been whiling away the dark German hours 'til closing playing with Google maps, and measuring the distance from my soon-to-be outlet to the popular fishin' holes. MA, I'm starting to think that Subaru Jim may have a case for his trailer strategy - some of those spots are a loooong ways away.
Yes, and it takes a LOT of fuel to make those trips.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:52 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,964,095 times
No doubt. I was thinking (I have way too much time on my hands) that if you wanted to spend a couple of days fishing the whole East Wall, you could trailer down to the Matlacha ramp in the morning, fish your way home, tie up at the dock, then fish your way back to Matlacha the next day. They charge you $10/day to park at the ramp in Lee County, but an annual pass is only $60. I'm thinking you'd save about $40 in fuel, and get in at least a couple hours of extra fishing time. You could also fill up the boat with non-ethanol at Marathon and save another $80 vs filling up at the fuel dock. Of course, that all assumes you've got easy access to your trailer at home, and are pretty close to a ramp to pull out before you start.........yes, I have too much time on my hands.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:05 AM

Many ramps do not allow overnight parking. Plus, with all the petty crime, I wouldn't want to keep a truck & trailer unattended overnight at a ramp. Very likely to be broken into and/or stolen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte