Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 05:06 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedratermi View Post
The Wake County Republican Party is asking people to mail "gifts" to JT:

http://www.wakegop.org/

A little further down on the webpage, is this quote:

All I can say is... WOW!
Does Wake have a financial disclosure process for board members as it relates to gifts and gifts over a certain amount?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 05:08 PM

Has there been any discussion about the potential loss of accreditation and other current issues on Wakes ability to still participate in Race To The Top funding?

Old 01-20-2011, 05:08 PM

519 posts, read 982,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNC29 View Post
The page is poorly designed too, but I digress. I do find if amusing that they say on one hand that people need to take personal responsibility for what they do, but then they don't attribute any of the financial troubles Tedesco is facing on his choices. Hypocrisy at its finest!

Mike
And this from the post:
Quote:
He lost his job because he was doing what we elected him to do
No. He lost his job because he decided to quit his job. Where is Mr. Tedesco's personal responsibility in this matter?

Does the Wake GOP think we all have short attention spans?

Old 01-20-2011, 05:13 PM

542 posts, read 1,524,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Does Wake have a financial disclosure process for board members as it relates to gifts and gifts over a certain amount?
I too would really like to know if it is legal for him to accept gifts as an elected public official. I'm sure someone is already looking into that, hopefully anyways.

Mike

Old 01-20-2011, 05:19 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,900,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Has there been any discussion about the potential loss of accreditation and other current issues on Wakes ability to still participate in Race To The Top funding?

I thought about this but never mentioned it. Maybe I was scared saying it aloud would make it so. It's kind of crazy that after winning funding throught at competition the capital county has all this going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
There are currently three separate threads discussing Wake County Schools
There was actually four (plus countless others dead threads)

Old 01-20-2011, 05:20 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,689,217 times
Default Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedratermi View Post
The Wake County Republican Party is asking people to mail "gifts" to JT:

http://www.wakegop.org/

Stephen Colbert is peein' in his pants....

Old 01-20-2011, 05:30 PM

519 posts, read 982,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNC29 View Post
I too would really like to know if it is legal for him to accept gifts as an elected public official. I'm sure someone is already looking into that, hopefully anyways.

Mike
From the WCPPS Handbook:

3243 Gifts to Employees 3243
School employees shall not accept cash gifts. School employees shall not accept any other gifts, except token gifts of insubstantial value; provided however, that school employees shall never receive or accept any gift, reward, gratuity, or other compensation from any manufacturer, merchant, dealer, publisher, or author for influencing or recommending to the school system or any school that it use a seller’s goods, wares, merchandise, materials, supplies, services, or equipment.

State law can be found here:

GS_138A-32

Old 01-20-2011, 05:34 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
I know -- my bad. I did (finally) close the 4th one after someone else pointed it out to me.

And (shhhhhhh!) let's not mention the dead threads lest someone bring them back to life.

FYI -- It's OK to copy/paste posts from those other threads into this one if you want to continue specific (local and on-topic ) discussions.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
I know -- my bad. I did (finally) close the 4th one after someone else pointed it out to me.

And (shhhhhhh!) let's not mention the dead threads lest someone bring them back to life.

FYI -- It's OK to copy/paste posts from those other threads into this one if you want to continue specific (local and on-topic ) discussions.
I don't envy you having to maintain oversight of this topic

Old 01-20-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
I thought about this but never mentioned it. Maybe I was scared saying it aloud would make it so. It's kind of crazy that after winning funding throught at competition the capital county has all this going on.

Another aspect of this as it relates to RTTP involves the boards continuing committment to the principles of the states application. The fact that senior state and federal officials have raised questions isn't a good sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary