Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 05:35 PM

241 posts, read 935,505 times

Advertisements

Seriously... where does one get a boar's head?

Nice Lord of the Flies reference. Makes me wonder if this is symbolic or just... you know... gross.

Now that I've seen it up close, I'm really wondering... WHO does this?!?

Did the property owner do this, or does someone have a bone to pick with them? They're building a new subdivision across the street and I think they're getting ready to put a new road in, too. Perhaps it's a statement against the town of Cary, new home construction, Halloween, electricity, civilization, elementary school literature...

There's got to be something political, or a statement about society's downfall in there, somewhere Or... it's just... gross.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:46 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,122,216 times
Whatever it is....I think I'd be making some phone calls. It's gross and creepy and just weird (and has got to be against some type of ordinance!!)

Old 09-22-2011, 05:52 PM

924 posts, read 2,105,620 times
From your photos and descriptions, I agree it seems rather gross and fairly weird, at least without knowing more about why it's there. But is it really hurting anybody? Isn't this kind of a "it's a free country" thing? I guess if it clearly does seem to be starting to rot, then it could be viewed as a public health hazard. And it's entirely possible that the utility companies may not take kindly to people messing with their poles in that way. But is it really that big a deal? Isn't it the kind of thing where if you don't like the way it looks, then you can just choose not to look at it?

Also, what's your relationship with the neighbors at that farm like? Have you talked to him/her/them about it? Did you explain your concerns about it and why it bothers you? Did they have an explanation about whether they had put it there themselves, and if so, why? That would seem to me like the place to start with this, even before the utility companies or the non-emergency police number.

Last edited by tompope; 09-22-2011 at 06:27 PM..

Old 09-22-2011, 05:59 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,866,483 times
The pictures look like Hollands Farm on Green Level Church Road - that's hardly out in the sticks with 8,000 cars a day passing by and 10,000 people living in close proximity. Maybe they are unhappy with Town of Cary to get that 'kink in the road' fixed adjacent to their land. I bet it's gone before the next pick your own strawberries in the Spring as that will sure frighten the customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia16 View Post
We live near a large family-owned farm. Their main fence borders a major road that takes us in and out of our subdivision and many of the homes in our subdivision back up to their land.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:25 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,942,286 times
That's called a trophy Somebody's been wild boar hunting....yes in North Carolina.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
The pictures look like Hollands Farm on Green Level Church Road - that's hardly out in the sticks with 8,000 cars a day passing by and 10,000 people living in close proximity. Maybe they are unhappy with Town of Cary to get that 'kink in the road' fixed adjacent to their land. I bet it's gone before the next pick your own strawberries in the Spring as that will sure frighten the customers.
You would be correct... I was trying to keep it sort of on the down low, but... it's sort of obvious.

We always wave hi to the donkeys when we drive by...

I'm sure their customers would LOVE a dead face welcoming them into their xmas tree lot or strawberry field.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
That's called a trophy Somebody's been wild boar hunting....yes in North Carolina.
THIS is what I was hoping to hear. lol.

West Cary needs more character... and trophies.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:44 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,093,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia16 View Post
Seriously... where does one get a boar's head?

Nice Lord of the Flies reference. Makes me wonder if this is symbolic or just... you know... gross.

Now that I've seen it up close, I'm really wondering... WHO does this?!?

Did the property owner do this, or does someone have a bone to pick with them? They're building a new subdivision across the street and I think they're getting ready to put a new road in, too. Perhaps it's a statement against the town of Cary, new home construction, Halloween, electricity, civilization, elementary school literature...

There's got to be something political, or a statement about society's downfall in there, somewhere Or... it's just... gross.
OK, I wonder all of these things, too, but what I REALLY wonder is if you're reporting the shots being fired? If they're within hearing distance of you, don't you worry about that? I mean, I'd sure as heck call the cops every time I heard a shot, if only to annoy the crap out of them to they stop the land owners from whatever they're doing!

Old 09-22-2011, 08:50 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,122,216 times
There are no wild boars in this part of the state. Only in a very few remote parts of the state in the western most counties. If it's real, it wasn't shot here, but elsewhere and brought back.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:51 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,238,982 times
Omg, I drive by here every day and hadn't noticed this. Yikes!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary