Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:11 AM

10 posts, read 27,825 times

Advertisements

Ok, I haven't seen this question asked yet. All of our vehicles are titled in my husband's name; can I go to the DMV to register them in NC or does he have to?

Also, for the proof of insurance; can that be out of state insurance. I was going to wait until my policy was up to switch to a NC agent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 11:14 AM

673 posts, read 2,268,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgw1975 View Post
Also, for the proof of insurance; can that be out of state insurance. I was going to wait until my policy was up to switch to a NC agent.
You need to get your NC auto insurance before you can register your vehicle. If you are going to stay with the same company, i.e., Allstate in your previous home state and Allstate in NC, contact your Allstate agent to see about transferring your policy. (That's what my MIL was able to do.) Our previous auto insurance was through AAA Michigan, so we could not transfer it. However, the policy was expired shortly after our move here, so it was a convenient time for us to switch to a North Carolina insurance policy.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:21 AM

5,660 posts, read 27,023,540 times
Yep, your auto insurance company must be licensed to insure in North Carolina. Some are, some aren't.

Last edited by mm34b; 09-12-2008 at 12:12 PM..

Old 09-13-2008, 04:27 AM

10 posts, read 27,825 times
I have Farm Bureau of Arkansas which I believe all Farm Bureaus operate seperately. I will just switch it.

Anyone know if my husband has to go register the vehicles since they are all titled to him?

Old 06-09-2009, 03:48 PM

241 posts, read 935,878 times
FYI... the Jay Tomlin study guide link is now a pay only link... bah.

DH recommended going to www.archive.org and putting in the original link given earlier in this post and voila, the free info from 2007

So... go to www.archive.org and enter:
Driver License Exam BrainDumps: Study Guide for the NC DMV exam
into the way back machine and hit "take me back".

And you'll get the free study guide.

Good luck!

Old 06-09-2009, 03:59 PM

1,311 posts, read 2,944,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgw1975 View Post
I have Farm Bureau of Arkansas which I believe all Farm Bureaus operate seperately. I will just switch it.

Anyone know if my husband has to go register the vehicles since they are all titled to him?
You can go to get the license plate as long as you have a copy of his drivers license and whatever other documentation is needed.

No, not all Farm Bureau's are the same. I had FB insurance in Illinois, Idaho and now here. I couldn't transfer my coverage from one state to another. Had to reapply. However, your FB membership from Arkansas will be good here, so you don't have to shell out an additional $20 for membership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary