Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 06:42 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times

Advertisements

I live in the middle of surburbia here in N. Raleigh right next to Bedford and Falls River. This evening while enjoying a glass of wine on my back patio I watched in amazement as a women came trotting by on a horse down my neighbrhood street!

I don't know where she came from or where she was going, but this is the first time I have ever seen something like that in my neighborhood. What a hoot!

Have you ever witnessed anything out of the ordinary in your neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2007, 06:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Was it white? I dont know if that has a symbolism meaning? lol

I was walking my dog the other night and I came up on this curl tubular in middle of the sidewalk I jerk the dog leash to pull her back, and screamed thinking it was a snake and it was a inner tube of a bike.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:48 PM

607 posts, read 2,431,593 times
On my way to church one Sunday, I came to the end of my street, and crawling across the street was a turtle!!! Just chillin', I got him and took him back to my house and put him in the woods in the back by the pond. Never saw him again.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:57 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I live in the middle of surburbia here in N. Raleigh right next to Bedford and Falls River. This evening while enjoying a glass of wine on my back patio I watched in amazement as a women came trotting by on a horse down my neighbrhood street!

I don't know where she came from or where she was going, but this is the first time I have ever seen something like that in my neighborhood. What a hoot!

I hear there was an emu running around a few years back but I missed it.

Humm....nothing that odd....have seen a horse and buggy come through last year with some kids. There is a small wedding chapel up the road and I think they were taking the kids for a quick spin.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:16 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,110,414 times
We have all kinds of turtles and stuff in my neighborhood in Cary. Turtles, frogs, you name it. My neighbor and I have rescued quite a few turtles from the middle of the road. I can't say I've ever seen a horse here though!

I can't think of anything way too weird except for the strange lawn ornaments one person on the street has (snow white and the 7 dwarves along with a large elephant). I try to ignore them but because they are one of the first houses you pass on the way into the neighborhood and I always do a doubletake when I see that weird elephant with Snow White next to it!

The people across the street from us had their parked car totalled by a hit and run drunk driver on Christmas Eve last year. They wer ewaiting for Santa but instead got somethign else! We were just laughing about it the other day because they car had "Viva Mexico" stickers all over it and my neighbor said when he went outside to see what happened there was an upside down car in his front yard with Coronas rolling down the street! They never did find the guy and the car was abandoned and then a few weeks ago, we were all chuckling because there was an abandoned car right at the entrance of the neighborhood with "South of the Border" stickers all over it. It sat there for days and then one day, the windshield in front and back were bashed in .
I'm sure that made a great impression on anyone coming into the neighborhood as that was the first thing you saw! (It's since been removed though).

Old 09-09-2007, 07:19 PM

75 posts, read 413,967 times
LOL I had the SAME thing happen on my street. I am from TX and have seen horses walking around before, but I never had one galloping quickly down my street. It was not full-speed running...but that horse was moving!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:02 PM

85 posts, read 311,617 times
1. The lizard on my front porch (I've already talked to some of you about this)

2. The cicada wasp on my deck, complete with a big fat cicada in it's mouth (ditto)

3. Not really "strange", but the geese that just walk around everywhere in our neighborhood....usually in groups of 10-12.....like they don't have a care in the world. If a car comes, the car has to wait for them! And they're usually in no hurry to get out of the way. They crack me up.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:07 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,085,744 times
Nothing strange happens here 'cept the The Neighbors with No Grass. All the builders lay sod and seed the backyards before the houses are inhabited. Lo & behold a family moves into a house across the street with no grass. It was like that for a couple of months. I was curious so I asked what was going on. The neighbors said they were going to do it in the fall. Meanwhile a house full of kids and dogs tracking in clay soil - must have made cleaning that house a barrel of fun.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:27 PM

574 posts, read 1,209,274 times
A man jogging with a laptop. I mean using the laptop. He was holding it in one hand and typing with the other while jogging... in full jogging gear.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:38 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post

YES! Sitting in my living room last summer looking out my front window a huge deer ran from the direction of my backyard, right across my front yard, crossed the street and galloped at full speed up my neighbors driveway, hurdled her back fence and was never seen again. We live in the very middle of the neighborhood so you can't believe all the fences and yards this deer must have crossed to end up in my yard!! It happened so fast that I almost couldn't believe it - until other neighbors ran outside asking "DID YOU SEE THAT??"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary