Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 07:07 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post

This waiter lost his job because he was bragging to others ,
instead of appreciating the tip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_DUDE View Post
A little judgemental, there.

I'm sure it all happened so fast and an innocent "you guys are never going to believe who I met tonight..." turned into this.

I personally don't believe there was some sinister plot...just someone who did something foolish without thinking it through.

I've done stupid things in my past, so I won't get on my high horse and say that he didn't appreciate anything.
I think he posted it on Facebook and I still say that violating the privacy of the tipper shows a lack of appreciation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 09:22 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
This waiter learned an important lesson about the internet.

Used to be when something like this happened, you'd share the story with some friends over beers. They might pass along the story to some of their friends but it usually stayed within a small circle of people.

Nowadays, you post something like this on Facebook to share with all your "friends." They share with their "friends." And it goes out and out and out until it goes viral. Suddenly that story you only really wanted to share with people you know has gone everywhere and can have ramifications your story wouldn't have had in the bar over some beers. In this increasingly connected world people need to be mindful that sharing on the internet means ANYONE can see what you're sharing, even people you might not want seeing what you share (teachers, bosses, parents, etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary