Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 06:14 PM

906 posts, read 2,382,544 times

Advertisements

Mulch masters has a calculator on their website that will tell you how much you should order to cover a specific area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 06:17 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,112,765 times
OK, thanks. I'm in Cary, but I'll check into Mulch Masters as well.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:56 PM

906 posts, read 2,382,544 times
I'm sorry--I thought you were in Wake Forest. Must be thinking of somebody else.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:11 AM

709 posts, read 935,642 times
Gee lets see back in early july I said that it would be a good idea to stop all lawn watering for the summer especially in the 100 degree heat and in the afternoon and so many of you here said I was stupid! That it was okay to use the water. well now what do ya think now?

Old 10-04-2007, 06:21 AM

693 posts, read 2,761,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbognar View Post
Well I'm sorry, but I think you all are blowing this out of proportion.

Yes, we're in a drought, and we should be conserving water by only watering our lawns when we're allowed to. But if the town thinks it's okay to hand out new-lawn watering permits, then I don't see a problem with it, because I trust their judgment on the water situation over anyone on this message board. And if the town thinks that the water supply can handle the growth, then I trust their judgment on that too, because we've been in a very serious drought and the water supply has held up very well, especially compared to other parts of the state. The water situation is MUCH worse in places like Siler City and Orange county, and those are areas where there isn't much growth.

But from the reactions I see here, I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing lynch mobs form whenever anyone sees green grass. It's like all of a sudden, watering your lawn is as bad as murdering puppies!
Well I disagree with you because of what I said before. There are TONS of new development putting new lawn and the rest of the properties will be reseeding their existing lawns. That means ANYONE can get a permit and the water restriction regulation becomes useless.

Ah, and I wouldn't trust the government as much as you do. Our "leaders" thought that our nation was safe on september 10, 2001

Old 10-04-2007, 07:36 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,344,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbognar View Post
Well I'm sorry, but I think you all are blowing this out of proportion.

Yes, we're in a drought, and we should be conserving water by only watering our lawns when we're allowed to. But if the town thinks it's okay to hand out new-lawn watering permits, then I don't see a problem with it, because I trust their judgment on the water situation over anyone on this message board. And if the town thinks that the water supply can handle the growth, then I trust their judgment on that too, because we've been in a very serious drought and the water supply has held up very well, especially compared to other parts of the state. The water situation is MUCH worse in places like Siler City and Orange county, and those are areas where there isn't much growth.

But from the reactions I see here, I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing lynch mobs form whenever anyone sees green grass. It's like all of a sudden, watering your lawn is as bad as murdering puppies!
OMG that is terrible, where are they murdering puppies to water their lawns? That's terrible terrible terrible!

Old 10-04-2007, 08:04 AM

842 posts, read 3,230,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
OMG that is terrible, where are they murdering puppies to water their lawns? That's terrible terrible terrible!
Well...I hope you can see my point anyway. I'm sticking up for the city water department (not even the 'leaders') and for it I get accused of being...
- Anti-American (because I'm siding with city leaders who don't like G.W. Bush...apparently)
- Pro-terrorism (because I'm trusting the water department, which apparently didn't know that 9/11 was going to occur).

I'm sorry....but you people are NUTS!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 08:06 AM

842 posts, read 3,230,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post
Gee lets see back in early july I said that it would be a good idea to stop all lawn watering for the summer especially in the 100 degree heat and in the afternoon and so many of you here said I was stupid! That it was okay to use the water. well now what do ya think now?
If I remember that message thread correctly, everyone on the message board agreed with you. I believe I was the only person who had an honest question as to whether watering your lawn when it's over 100 degrees may keep it from dying, but it was a question...not an opinion. So I'm not sure who you're sticking it to.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:09 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,112,765 times
I think most people agreed that watering following the current restrictions, and in the morning and night time hours was the best plan for anyone who wanted to water their lawn. I don't think anyone advocated watering during the 100 degree heat in the middle of the day as a good thing.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:47 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,750 times
Default wow

cant believe this much is going on about grass.

I cant believe that an HOA wouldnt allow a summer grass when its better for the watering and looks in the summer.

What is worse is that in the cases where it gets resloved with fines is that there are people that actually want to force a homeowner to water more than there allowed to. What is wrong with these people? A green lawn is more for show, the water we need to drink is needed for our health.

I cant believe that people cant accept that not everyone will have a bright green lawn during a bad drought. Seems like some people never grow up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary