Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 08:03 PM

19 posts, read 34,501 times

Advertisements

Well first off i'll start off with saying hello since this is my first post on the forum so hi i'm Jason! I currently live in Nantucket, MA a small island off of cape cod MA. My fiance and i are looking into moving this fall and would like to move south for sure and are seriosly considering the raleigh area. I have family in NC and one of my family members is in raleigh and has always told me how much he loves it, i also had a friend in the navy from raleigh who always talked about how nice of an area it was. We are looking for an area with a good job market and also in expensieve housing (im sure that wont be hard the cost of living where i'm at is unreal!) My fiance is a head teller at a bank and would be looking to work at a bank again, me personaly am having to find a new career due to an old shoulder injury that can't be fixed thats why i'm looking for a strong job market so i have lots of options. My fiance has been looking into Cary and seems to have fallen in love with it over the internet, i'm just looking for info about the area and what some sugestions are for places to move. Thank you so much for any information i really apreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2006, 08:40 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,565,489 times
Hi Jasonc84 I myself relocated from Conn many years ago and love this area like one of your family members. You will read alot of things on here, but just keep an open mind, and really try to form your own opinions as far as the Cary area goes. I love that area, and yes your going to read there is alot of northerners there, but so what. I am a northerner and I know when I see a good thing. I don't live in Cary but may one day. I am now trying to decide after living in North Raleigh for 24 years where I want to go. I have always loved Cary. I also like Holly Springs,and Wake Forest. I have many clientsto pick all of these areas. If I can help you with anything just let me know. You will be moving to a great area in my eyes anyway, but then again that is someones opinion. Have a wonderful evening and best of luck to you in your decisions.

Regards,
Debbie

Old 09-27-2006, 06:46 PM

any other feedback or advice for the area!!??

Old 09-27-2006, 08:55 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,410,628 times
Have you ever seen "The Stepford Wives"? I'm convinced that the person who thought up that concept had spent a lot of time in Cary. So make of that what you will.

As for Raleigh, it's a good city with a good variety as far as housing types and price ranges. It's a matter of finding what you're most comfortable in. Banking is increasing here...downtown has several bank headquarters and just broke ground on a new one for a RBC-Centura skyscraper. So fiance will have a decent number of opportunities.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:41 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,259,066 times
Hi Jason, Before I got into Real Estate, I worked for one of the large banks in Raleigh as a teller and then as a customer service rep. Seems like the banks are always hiring. I never saw any ads so I'd just go from bank to bank (main headquarters), pick up applications and send them back in. Sometimes I'd just send in my resume. I'd always get a few offers so I dont' think your fiance will have any trouble finding a job. Vicki

Old 09-28-2006, 07:31 AM

Thank you guys for the responses and the info, i'm happy to hear that there will be many job opportunities for fiance that def helps in the decision to move!

as far as the stepford wives, i haven't seen it but i know the bases of the movie and think i know what you meant by the comment.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:22 AM

171 posts, read 880,163 times
Default Haven't seen it

Hi I haven't seen the movie etc. ...so I would like to know what you mean by that comment, as Cary is one of the places that was on our list of relocation spots.
Thanks!

Old 09-29-2006, 06:16 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,565,489 times
Stepford Wives is a creepy movie where all the women are the way the men in that town wanted them to be...PERFECT. So they are sort of like robots. They all wear dresses, aprons,heels,have their hair perfect, always have dinner on the table,yard is perfect,kids look good always,and the man is happy. Like I said really creepy. Anyway I love Cary, and it is one of the places that alot of people want to live in. There is a reason for that. I just say form your own opinions by visiting. Opinions are like.....Everyone has one. :-) I tend to form my own. I do listen to what people say,but don't usually go by that. Someone could have had a bad experience somewhere, and now the whole area is bad. OK Have a great day.

Debbie

Old 09-30-2006, 01:32 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,720,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighRob View Post
Have you ever seen "The Stepford Wives"? I'm convinced that the person who thought up that concept had spent a lot of time in Cary. So make of that what you will.

As for Raleigh, it's a good city with a good variety as far as housing types and price ranges. It's a matter of finding what you're most comfortable in. Banking is increasing here...downtown has several bank headquarters and just broke ground on a new one for a RBC-Centura skyscraper. So fiance will have a decent number of opportunities.
OMG, RaleighRob! That's exactly what we're trying to avoid. We have a lot of that "Stepford Wives" mentality going on in the new developments here in New Jersey. Actually, there are also a lot of clicks that seem to develop in newer neighborhoods that don't seem to be prevalent in the older ones. Thanks for the heads-up. We'll definitely concentrate our home search in the older, more established neighborhoods in North Raleigh.

Old 09-30-2006, 05:08 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,410,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
OMG, RaleighRob! That's exactly what we're trying to avoid. We have a lot of that "Stepford Wives" mentality going on in the new developments here in New Jersey. Actually, there are also a lot of clicks that seem to develop in newer neighborhoods that don't seem to be prevalent in the older ones. Thanks for the heads-up. We'll definitely concentrate our home search in the older, more established neighborhoods in North Raleigh.
Well not too far north North Raleigh, otherwise you might as well be in Cary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary