Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 07:05 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,567,529 times

Advertisements

If the Pizza places are delayed 2 hours too, I might just lose it!

Oh and BTW, the Long Island city data page has a discussion about 2-hour school delays right now and they're roughly the same air temperature as us currently. I guess all those northerners aren't as hardy as we though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 07:09 AM

43,347 posts, read 77,209,038 times
Wondering if the Pizza Delivery guys can take the kids to school?

Old 01-07-2014, 07:20 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,567,529 times
New Flash it's not just our local school systems.

I just noticed Fairfax County, VA has cancelled school today altogether. They are currently 3 degrees colder than us in Raleigh and will reach a high of 19 today, which is not too different than us. I guess they just can't take it up there like we can here

Old 01-07-2014, 07:38 AM

11,228 posts, read 8,317,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Wondering if the Pizza Delivery guys can take the kids to school?
Not if they deliver pizza's with diesel busses.

(Seems to me the better idea would be to cancel school for the day, and just have them deliver Pizza's to all the kids ....at home ....in about two hours.)

Old 01-07-2014, 07:45 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,264,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
If the Pizza places are delayed 2 hours too, I might just lose it!

Oh and BTW, the Long Island city data page has a discussion about 2-hour school delays right now and they're roughly the same air temperature as us currently. I guess all those northerners aren't as hardy as we though!
After about a year, people adapt to the weather in the area that they live. So...if you are from the North and you have lived here a year, you are going to be the one doing the most complaining about the cold!!! I know this. I have relatives from NY! And many many friends from NY and NJ.

And yes, my Florida relatives and friends complain about the heat too!!!

So...Mike, what time are you ordered the pizza? I like cheese pizza that tastes like it came from New York!!!

Vicki

Old 01-07-2014, 07:50 AM

43,347 posts, read 77,209,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
After about a year, people adapt to the weather in the area that they live. So...if you are from the North and you have lived here a year, you are going to be the one doing the most complaining about the cold!!! I know this. I have relatives from NY! And many many friends from NY and NJ.

And yes, my Florida relatives and friends complain about the heat too!!!

So...Mike, what time are you ordered the pizza? I like cheese pizza that tastes like it came from New York!!!

Vicki
LOL
Vicki, I hear that the NY Pizza joints are all closed. They cannot handle the weather.....

Old 01-07-2014, 08:08 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,169,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
... I guess all those northerners aren't as hardy as we though!

Only the one who move here. They never took a day off for snow or inclement weather!

The ones still back up north regularly delay or miss school etc. They just don't want you to know about it.

How do you know who those really tough former northerners are when you are out and about in the Triangle today? They will be wearing shorts and flip flops, just to prove a point.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:10 AM

9,781 posts, read 15,805,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfburns View Post
It's all about perspective and what you're used to. In Alaska and "the North", they are used to cold temps like this. They are equipped to deal with them. Here, we're equipped to deal with cold, but we rarely experience temperatures THAT low. If it were this cold in Florida, some people would just simply die. For example, homeless people in Florida have likely never had to survive more cold than a blanket can remedy.

Likewise, 100 degrees here is a conversation piece. If it were 100 degrees in "the North", people start dying because they aren't equipped to deal with the heat like we are here. Some older houses just don't have air conditioning. Should we then berate them about their character-building?
What the heck are you talking about? Duh, of course it's about perspective. I didn't berate anyone. That's why I said I was posting it "just for fun." Jheez! But thanks for the lecture.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:56 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,293,828 times
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger." -- Nietzsche

"Keep calm and carry on" -- British Empire

Today, which is the "tomorrow" mentioned at the beginning of this thread, has turned out to be beautiful. People who live in a four-season climate should expect some winter, and be prepared for it. Today is just about as good as a winter's day can get! Enjoy, because it won't last for long . . .

Old 01-07-2014, 10:07 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,293,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post

How do you know who those really tough former northerners are when you are out and about in the Triangle today? They will be wearing shorts and flip flops, just to prove a point.
And they drive Yukons and Tundras.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary