Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2008, 09:56 PM

43,309 posts, read 77,142,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
I got an 'off-topic' topic to-pic! What will You do with the government sponsored check you will be getting. $600 for single tax payers and up to $1200 for married couples and several hundred more for each child. I have thought about this windfall of sorts and thought some more, I slept on it and tossed and turned on it. I woke up on it and dozed off on it. I discussed it with friends and strangers and family too. I asked when will it come, will it be a check or a debit card? Will it increase my personal wealth or bite me in my 2008 Income taxes? But what will I purchase? Who will I be saving when I run out at brake neck pace to spend, spend, spend it?

$600 - $1200 dollars. Hmmm. I can buy a flat screen TV if I add some of my own money so that don't work. I can buy a Washer or Dryer but that will only take me to the cleaners. I can buy a house with it.....but that won't even cover the loan origination fees. I can purchase a coat, hat and gloves and have change left for a burger or Taco or even a Roast Beef sandwich. But then again in May or June will I really need a coat, hat and gloves, maybe if I'm heading up north but then again that won't work because I would not have money left for the gas to get me there. I can buy an airline ticket to somewhere but not have the money to spend while I'm there. I can buy a shrub or two and a shovel, rake, and maybe a wheel barrel but then again no water to water it after I planted them....oh I can buy a car but then again I can't afford the extra insurance on a newer car.
Drat! Double Drat!! Triple Double Drat!! ...and that a lot of drats!

So then I turned my attention to the money, Oh the money, the money I am suppose to be so excited about. The money that will save the economy and keep everyone happy. Yes the money. But wait, that money came from my paychecks over the years.....I gave thousands per year and I get back $600 to $1200. WOW! New meaning to the old term voo-do economics. My new found wealth, its staggering, simply frugal even!

Maybe just maybe what I will do is return it to sender with a simple note saying thanks but no thanks you have far more bills to pay than I. Use it wisely so my kids and their kids can still call this the greatest country of them all!

A band-aide protects a scratch, stitches seals and protects cuts! Use my money as a stitch to seal and protects all the cuts you made to get us where we are!
We could save a lot of money if we quit having elections. The cost to the taxpayer for these doofuses to buy our votes just keeps going up.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:44 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,691,229 times
Cool gotta luv NC weather

woohoo! Looks like we be having low 60's tomorrow http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/7_9_2.gif (broken link) lotsa playin' outside weather .

Old 01-28-2008, 08:47 PM

799 posts, read 3,227,775 times
I'm sooo jealous! Still in the 40's here in the Northern VA area. I guess guacamole can be had anytime though.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:28 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,691,229 times
The sun has just peeked out. It will be mostly cloudy. But if the temps
hit 60's I'll take it. $old .

aww don't be jealous, you can always do this http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/4780584a.gif (broken link) and come visit .

psst... bring some of your yummy guacamole .

Old 01-30-2008, 09:22 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,344,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
The sun has just peeked out. It will be mostly cloudy. But if the temps
hit 60's I'll take it. $old .

aww don't be jealous, you can always do this http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/4780584a.gif (broken link) and come visit .

psst... bring some of your yummy guacamole .
Don't forget to bring water too! We are not shy nor wet for that matter, we will take it in bottles, can's, drums, or tanker trucks even. If in bottles and cans feel free to use it while your here, if its in a tanker truck, feel free to visit beatiful Falls Flats formally known as Fall Lake and let the water from the tanker flow. That would be just grand!

May the rains be with you!!!!!!

Old 01-31-2008, 05:51 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,160,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
Don't forget to bring water too! We are not shy nor wet for that matter, we will take it in bottles, can's, drums, or tanker trucks even. If in bottles and cans feel free to use it while your here, if its in a tanker truck, feel free to visit beatiful Falls Flats formally known as Fall Lake and let the water from the tanker flow. That would be just grand!

May the rains be with you!!!!!!
if anyone has a suggestion as to how to transport all of our snow to you, i would gladly part with it...

Old 01-31-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
if anyone has a suggestion as to how to transport all of our snow to you, i would gladly part with it...
Ahhh a challenge! Transporting snow....trekies know we transported people via beaming them up. But beaming snow has proved to be as they say, 'ALL WET' But that transporter done set sail for a museum somewhere in a Galaxy far far away! But back to the powdery white stuff problem at hand.
There are snow shoots, lifts, shovels, and snow white even but none of them seem to fit moving large amount of snow from a place of much snow to places of little to no snow. The problem is even bigger than the 7 dwarfs can handle. How to take those that are snowed 'IN' to us who are snowed 'OUT'. I'm surely fuzzy or a bit snowy on the whole concept myself. Think...Think....Think! Shaking the icicles out.....
There are salt trucks that makes snow disappear, maybe we need a water truck to make snow appear. Hmmm. well that actually is a firetruck on a very cold day.....I got it! I got it!!!!!
We need to use the snow shoots, lifts, and shovels, plows, and blowers to build a snow road from your area to ours. Snow White's 7 dwarfs are optional. So not only can coming here to find a new home, a new school, or a new life be cool but the ride on the sleigh or ski ride from your area to ours would be outstanding! Word of Caution: there are no rails to keep you on your path here, so as in life there are many twist and turns ahead so use them wisely!
Happy Thursday all!!!!

Old 01-31-2008, 07:40 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,721,903 times
Hello Forum friends
I'm going to CA for 5 days so this is the first time I'm going back to visit friends and family and to celebrate my dear pop's 80th birthday. I do feel North Carolina is my new home and I will be ready to come back; that's a really nice feeling!!
Donna

Old 01-31-2008, 08:14 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,105,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
Hello Forum friends
I'm going to CA for 5 days so this is the first time I'm going back to visit friends and family and to celebrate my dear pop's 80th birthday. I do feel North Carolina is my new home and I will be ready to come back; that's a really nice feeling!!
Donna
Enjoy your trip, and enjoy coming back home to NC. Having moved around a lot in my life, one of my favorite sayings is "home is where your stuff is". I've found that to resonate quite true many times!

Old 01-31-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
Hello Forum friends
Donna
Have a great trip and please please please bring some of their rain back this way!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary