Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 01:03 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times

Advertisements

I know it is pretty new and that is located on Caiptal Boulevard just a little North of downtown. I might be going there tonight to catch a Carolina Bluegrass Band called the Cadillac Stepbacks. Just looking for some input on what the place and the typical crowd is like. Also curious how good their BBQ is. I think the cover tonight is only $6 and I'm hoping to find some inexpensive beer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 02:45 PM

Location: Between a nook-a-ler reactor and a dump, North Cackalacky
283 posts, read 1,259,687 times
Post up your review if you go, N-R-G. Sounds like a fantastic combo of Vitamin B - BBQ, bluegrass, and beer!

Old 01-05-2008, 03:14 PM

401 posts, read 1,624,243 times
NRG,
I have not heard of that place before and would be interested to know what you think if you go.
Also, I have not heard of that band either and would like to know what you think of them too.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:04 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,130,150 times
I've seen a couple shows there. It's a good time. The crowd is pretty tame. It appears to be a mix of regulars and newbies. The bartenders are attentive. Think...clean...new..."Honky Tonk"

Can't speak for the food...

Old 01-05-2008, 06:59 PM

820 posts, read 2,788,355 times
Wish I could but every since we had a kid the nights out are a lot fewer than they used to be

Let us know how it goes. I read a review of the ribs there about 6 months ago. The reviewer actually said they were the BEST in the area. I've been wanting to head that way every since but it's kind of a hike from up here in NW Raleigh.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:55 PM

906 posts, read 2,382,302 times
We've been there several times. Its really nice and clean & the food is very good. We even take our kids there to see the shows. Its the kind of place that Raleigh's needed for a LONG time, but I just wish it was closer to North Raleigh. :-)

Old 01-10-2008, 08:36 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Exclamation What a bummer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cary native View Post
NRG,
I have not heard of that place before and would be interested to know what you think if you go.
Also, I have not heard of that band either and would like to know what you think of them too.
Well, I did not make it to Hideaway BBQ last weekend so I am sorry I can't post a review. Even worse, I just read this article in N&O stating that Hideaway BBQ is closing it doors by the end of January. Apparently it has been losing money since the day it opened its doors. What a bummer. It looks like such a cool place.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:39 AM

836 posts, read 3,470,441 times
Yes, Hideaway is closing. I am crushed, as it was our favorite. Good roots rock (alt. country, country, rock) and the shows started at 9:30 rather than midnight, so working people could see them....not just college students. Every time we went it was packed. Another thing I liked about it is that the crowd seemed largely there for the music, not just to "see and be seen" etc.

According to the article the music side was profitable, but the food side (which I heard was pretty bad) was not making money. The place is new construction and I don't think he was making back his overhead.

Many of these shows are being moved to Berkely which is another great venue, but I am worried they are giong to start late. I remember going to see Beausoliel at Berkeley years ago. The first show didn't start til after 10, and the crowd mostly left before the second show....we all had to work in the morning!

Old 01-11-2008, 01:39 PM

Oh that really stinks. I agree, VaNC about the start times for the shows. We loved being able to take our kids there to see shows & not having to worry about a babysitter.

I actually liked their food. I think it was a bad location--they'd never get anybody in there who wasn't already going there. The sign wasn't very visible from Capital, either.

What a bummer. :-(

Old 01-11-2008, 01:40 PM

On another note--have any of you ever been to some of the 'house concerts' in Chapel Hill? I think there are still a few of those going on and its a good non-late alternative for seeing some of the acts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary