Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2016, 01:19 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times

Advertisements

I heard July, but I have no idea where the person got that info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 03:07 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,674,752 times
I'll see if I can peak into the windows this weekend. If they've removed the paper on the inside of the window I can try to gauge how far along they are.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:08 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
I heard July, but I have no idea where the person got that info.
I stopped by yesterday on my way home. The paper is still up, and there is still a lot of work to be done (I peaked in). There are "coming soon" signs, but no dates.

I got out of my car to check the signs, and when I did, there was a guy coming out from inside the store. I asked him when they were opening, and his answer was concise: "Next month".

I don't know how to qualify him, but he was coming from the inside, and said that confidently.

Not sure if it matters (but is relevant due to what the store is), he was of Asian descent, and seemed to NOT be a construction worker. I, for one, will be very happy when it opens. I love Grand Asia, but the location is not as convenient for me, and I find myself not going. This is on my way home from work, and only three easy miles from my house.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:34 AM

56 posts, read 55,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I stopped by yesterday on my way home. The paper is still up, and there is still a lot of work to be done (I peaked in). There are "coming soon" signs, but no dates.

I got out of my car to check the signs, and when I did, there was a guy coming out from inside the store. I asked him when they were opening, and his answer was concise: "Next month".

I don't know how to qualify him, but he was coming from the inside, and said that confidently.

Not sure if it matters (but is relevant due to what the store is), he was of Asian descent, and seemed to NOT be a construction worker. I, for one, will be very happy when it opens. I love Grand Asia, but the location is not as convenient for me, and I find myself not going. This is on my way home from work, and only three easy miles from my house.
Some excellent detective work there, much appreciated

Old 06-16-2016, 09:06 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

Thank you, MyGhost. And I sure hope that this information is correct. But I can't help but remember that Seinfel episode in tge Chinese restaurant - "Five minutes".

Old 06-16-2016, 09:19 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Thank you, MyGhost. And I sure hope that this information is correct. But I can't help but remember that Seinfel episode in tge Chinese restaurant - "Five minutes".
At my company everything is "soon".

Old 06-21-2016, 05:11 PM

269 posts, read 321,557 times
They're hiring!!! It is getting close!
=====================

Full Time Baker
Tous Les Jours Bakery - Cary, NC
Tous Les Jours Bakery is looking for full time bakers to work at new H Mart store in Cary.

This position reports directly to the Bakery Manager and is responsible for working closely with all Bakery associates in an effort to ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed, department goals are being obtained, and guests' needs are being met. Contributes to department sales and profitability by effectively assisting in aspects of the Bakery department operations, to include but not limited to: product quality, labor, expenses, stock levels, guest service and team morale. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.

1+ years of verifiable experience working as a baker in a retail environment.
Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel.
Have the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment.
Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
Must possess the ability to apply on-the job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises.
Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: ovens, mixers, slicing and packaging machinery, proper lifting techniques, trash compactor and baler usage.
Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions.
Bilingual in Korean/English preferred.
Tous Les Jours is an equal employment opportunity employer.

Job Type: Full-time

Required experience:

Baking: 1 year

Old 06-28-2016, 06:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,549 times
Default drive-by today...

Attached Thumbnails
Cary's Cornerstone Lowes replaced by Korean/Asian H-Mart Grocer-sign-28june.jpg  

Old 06-28-2016, 06:45 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Extremely random observation, but does anyone remember if on the inside of that space there's a raised ceiling off to the right of the entrance?

If you look at the building aerial, it's like there's a mini-barn roof up there:

Old 06-28-2016, 07:21 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,674,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Extremely random observation, but does anyone remember if on the inside of that space there's a raised ceiling off to the right of the entrance?

If you look at the building aerial, it's like there's a mini-barn roof up there:

That was where the produce, meats and cold cuts section was. I think it had an open beam ceiling there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary