Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2016, 10:57 AM

22,672 posts, read 36,816,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'm wondering when it will be manageable, too. For folks who know that area better than I do, any thoughts?
I'd wait till after the holidays - with the Harris Teeter across the street (and several restaurants and shops that are busy this time of year) and the Publix at the next intersection, the area is already crowded with holiday shoppers/eaters. I was at urgent care across from the HMart shopping center this morning and it was already drawing in the crowds at 9:30.

It definitely reminds me of when Publix opened but the holidays are making it worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 11:05 AM

19,446 posts, read 27,855,486 times
Thanks Twingles. I'll be sure to go during the workweek instead of weekends.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:22 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,679,477 times
Was by H-Mart today at 12:30. Parking lot was full so they're still very busy.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:26 AM

269 posts, read 322,131 times
Looks even nicer than the one I've been to before. Can't wait to check it out!

http://blog.koreadaily.com/view/myho...83439&fod_no=2

Old 12-26-2016, 09:55 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,623,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Coffee View Post
Looks even nicer than the one I've been to before. Can't wait to check it out!

http://blog.koreadaily.com/view/myho...83439&fod_no=2
Wow, looks really nice. The Google translation of that web page is pretty amusing!

Old 12-26-2016, 03:01 PM

19,446 posts, read 27,855,486 times
Just got back from H-mart. Yes, it was crowded, but not too terrible. The check out lines were moving quickly. The food court was busy. Lovely looking place, particularly the produce section. The entire place is MUCH better organized that Grand Asia. The meat and fish sections are very nice looking, though not much of a bargain. (Wagyu beef anyone?)

Only disappointment was the kimchee. They only had really large (gallon size or larger) buckets of the stuff, except for smaller bottles of the more exotic kimchee's. That's WAY too much for me to buy. I'm hopeful that they were just sold out of the smaller bottles. I had read that they make kimchee in house, have it in barrels, and a clerk will scoop out as much or as little as you want. That certainly was not the case today.

OTOH, we scored two live lobsters at $5.99/pound. Each one is 1.5 lbs and will make a damn fine dinner tonight.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:42 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,342,883 times
I went today too and LOVED it. The produce is great, which is what I have experienced at their other stores. Fish department was also great. The store was crowded and I hope they do really well. The food court smelled fantastic, can't wait to try it out!

Old 12-26-2016, 06:58 PM

117 posts, read 140,883 times
Produce prices are always interesting to me - for instance, zucchini I picked up for 79 cents a pound. At most other grocery stores it's around $1.99/pound. Crazy how different it can be.

Strawberries were something like 2.50/pound which is a little over half what I saw them at Wal Mart for recently

Old 12-26-2016, 07:27 PM

580 posts, read 712,553 times
Went by this afternoon. Beautiful store. Couldn't spend the time today really looking because we had the kids with us. Next time, we will really get to shop and hopefully eat lunch too.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:52 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,875,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
I went today too and LOVED it. The produce is great, which is what I have experienced at their other stores. Fish department was also great. The store was crowded and I hope they do really well. The food court smelled fantastic, can't wait to try it out!
After trying three days in a row to get some Korean Fried Chicken, today(well yesterday) I finally was successful after waiting in the very long line(it actually started moving faster as I got to the middle) Ended up getting the secret sweet and spicy chicken(it was high too, 23 bucks for the whole, 12 for half) but was absolutely tasty. Can't wait to try everything else, think the lines will move faster when they work out a few kinks, right now there are two registers total, vs having a register per vendor, so someone wanting to get udon noodles might be behind a bunch of folks that are getting food from bbq chicken or bibimbap from K-town vs just going to the vendor he/she wants.

All in all I can say it was worth the wait definitely a great addition to Cary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary