Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 08:53 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,341,675 times

Advertisements

I'm with you on a delay michgc. I'd like to think they could have school tomorrow but i wouldn't be surprised if they call it off. If they get out there and scrape some more today CHCCS might be able to go tomorrow. Much smaller district than Wake or Durham. Don't know about my kids' charter, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 08:58 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I'm calling Wake County closed on Tuesday.
Even with the melt and temps above freezing tonight?

Old 01-25-2016, 08:59 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Even with the melt and temps above freezing tonight?
Well, I'm not calling it and giving 10-1 odds, or anything.
More like 3-2.
Countywide Schools, with lots of rural roads that may or may not be good.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:06 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,795,280 times
I base my predictions on this, "We've been closed for much less."

I think even with warmer temperatures today, it's not particularly sunny (like it was yesterday), and there is a lot of shade around here with all the trees, which means a lot won't melt.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:13 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,723,569 times
Wake opening late. That's my hedged bet.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:32 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I'm calling Wake County closed on Tuesday.
I agree. I am in Cary and I have had two people come to my house from other parts of Wake in the last 2 days and they are surprised by the amount of snow/ice on the ground. The district is not responsible for the condition of the roads. We were never plowed so it is going to take a few warm sunny days to melt. Today it is not sunny and there is not much melting here so I am guessing no school Tuesday.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:45 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
I agree. I am in Cary and I have had two people come to my house from other parts of Wake in the last 2 days and they are surprised by the amount of snow/ice on the ground. The district is not responsible for the condition of the roads. We were never plowed so it is going to take a few warm sunny days to melt. Today it is not sunny and there is not much melting here so I am guessing no school Tuesday.
I was guessing a minimum of a delay, but my kids would love another day off. They are all still in the bed, the lazy teens they are.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:52 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,772,002 times
After getting out of my tree filled neighborhood cul-de-sac and getting to the local grocery store I predict a 2 hour delay for Tuesday ......

Old 01-25-2016, 10:01 AM

3,239 posts, read 3,544,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
I base my predictions on this, "We've been closed for much less."

I think even with warmer temperatures today, it's not particularly sunny (like it was yesterday), and there is a lot of shade around here with all the trees, which means a lot won't melt.
This. Somewhere in Wake county where a bus needs to travel there are icy roads. I will say that Cary was very good at clearing the main/secondary roads. They had Carpenter Firestation and Green Level cleared Friday night when I went to the store. NC540 was only just starting to be plowed Saturday AM when we went out then.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:08 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,252,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papilgee4evaeva View Post
Threats of litigation make many a wimp.
Funny! I didn't mean Wake County was the wimp!

The "wimps" are all the parents that "need" to know if the schools are closed 24 hours in advance!!!

We were lucky to know a couple of hours prior!

And boy did we complain!

I will say this...if my kids rode the bus and school was NOT cancelled and I thought the roads were too icy, I simply wouldn't send my kids to school. I don't remember that happening (in my case) but I'd consider my children's safety first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary