Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 06:19 AM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times

Advertisements

You are considering in addition to Heritage?

Brier Creek is home to several options, where you can build or buy.

Pulte/Del Webb/Carolina Arbors.
Lennar/Fendol Farm.
Epcon/Courtyards at Andrews Chapel.
AV Homes/Creekside at Bethpage.

It comes down to what you want and need, daily or regularly?
Will you regularly want easy access to culture, dining, sporting events, medical care, etc?
Yes, you can access these things from Wake Forest, but BC puts you right in the center of things.

The first three above are more or less on top of each other and share a very good location for those conveniences, and for quick hops to Durham for activities and dining.
If you want the huge clubhouse and established social network, Carolina Arbors wins hands down.
And properties there are starting to turn over. Barely used houses are hitting the market, along with limited numbers of new construction opportunities.
There are trails and paths, sidewalks. Carolina Arbors is the largest, so has more of a path network.

Fendol Farm and the Courtyards are just getting started, and you can be an early arrival. I.e., you will live with construction activity, noise, and traffic for some time to come.

I don't get the appeal of the location of Creekside, but they are building houses and making sales, so some like it, for sure.

Appreciation is occurring, but the overall availability of new construction opportunities in the various communities may limit it a bit.
Crime is not unknown, but building deep in a community with little new construction traffic should help with avoiding transient personal property crime.

When buying or building, mind the electric transmission lines in Creekside and Carolina Arbors. They are huge and some homes are very close to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 12:51 PM

342 posts, read 388,229 times
Adding another vote for Heritage.... I have lived here for 7 years and love it. You really are close to everything that you need - doctors, vets, dining, shopping, etc. I don't have to go into Raleigh much. You also now have GREAT greenway access and sidewalks that makes the whole area very walkable. We can easiliy walk to Publix from my house as well as Wine 101 and all the restaurants in the area. My kids can walk home from the High School, walk to Smith Creek Soccer park or up to Dairy Depot.

But what I love the most is that there is a real community feel to Heritage. People interact with their neighbors and look out for each other. And when someone needs help everyone gives their support. The other thing that is a big plus is that there is a great mix of ages - you have retired people living next to young families next to families with teens. So you get to meet and interact with people at all stages. As far as retired, my MIL lives here (we moved her here after her husband died) and she has made a lot of friends with other retired folks.

I agree with Mjohnson that it has a true identity. People also stay in Heritage for years and years. I know at least 15 people who have bought multiple homes in Heritage - a starter house then moved to a bigger home. Or had a bigger home and got divorced and moved into a townhouse. I also know at least 5 other people who have moved their parents here as well.

I know you are retired and schools don't matter, but you might want to keep the schools in mind for resale value when purchasing. I would look for a house if possible that is zoned Heritage Elementary, Middle and High. I know that one section further down Rogers is zoned for Rolesville schools and I know several families looking to buy that did not look in that section to buy because of that.

Old 04-03-2018, 03:34 PM

82 posts, read 70,278 times
From a golf course, Brier Creek is private and Heritage in semi private.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:39 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,341,934 times
Are you considering living within Heritage (the golf community) and Brier Creek (the golf community) or just the general area?

If you are considering living in the golf course communities themselves, then I don't see what Heritage has over Brier Creek.
Brier Creek has everything Heritage has (shopping, dining, etc), probably even more.
Brier Creek has hospitals (WakeMed and Duke).
Brier Creek country club itself is very walkable and tons of social activities.
Brier Creek is center of the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) and convenient to get anywhere.
Heritage Wake Forest in my mind is way out there.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:12 AM

342 posts, read 388,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
Are you considering living within Heritage (the golf community) and Brier Creek (the golf community) or just the general area?

If you are considering living in the golf course communities themselves, then I don't see what Heritage has over Brier Creek.
Brier Creek has everything Heritage has (shopping, dining, etc), probably even more.
Brier Creek has hospitals (WakeMed and Duke).
Brier Creek country club itself is very walkable and tons of social activities.
Brier Creek is center of the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) and convenient to get anywhere.
Heritage Wake Forest in my mind is way out there.
While I hear your point, I think that the vibe is different between both. A big plus for Heritage as opposed to Brier Creek is that in Heritage you are also in Wake Forest, which is a great community. There is a really nice downtown area and a ton of festivals and events put on by the town. Brier Creek doesn't have that small town feel outside of the subdivision itself. The other plus is the community schools for Heritage, especially in terms of spirit and community. I think having a high school is huge and lots of people even without kids go to to the High School games on Friday night and support the school. I think it really adds a community feeling to the neighborhood.

Heritage is now super walkable - to the Harris Teeter and Publix centers, Dairy Depot, Lowes - the new sidewalk and greenway really opens it up. Heritage South people can now use the Greenway to walk to Forestville and can now easily walk or bike to the shopping centers and restaurants.

Brier Creek has more shopping and dining, hands down. But for me the large amount takes away from the community feel that I like about Heritage.

For me a huge plus for Heritage is no airport noise.

Heritage isn't way out for Downtown Raleigh, Falls Lake, etc - it's very convenient. It really depends on where you want to go. A big plus for Heritage as opposed to other parts of Wake Forest is that its easily accessible to 540 without touching Capital BLVD by going down Forestville to 401.

Yes, it is is a drive from Chapel Hill and Cary. If you like to ride bikes Heritage is great because its close to the Neuse River Trail and has a ton of greenway trails accessible.

I think it comes down to preference. I think if are working in RTP then Brier Creek is a better choice. But otherwise it's really preference and there are many reasons that some people would pick Heritage over Brier Creek.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:27 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,341,934 times
Great points and I definitely do agree Heritage has more of a small town feel and the schools embedded. Brier Creek only has the elementary school in the area, with middle/high schools about 5 miles away.

All depends on what OP is looking for. Most importantly, how active OP is and want to get around to other places like Durham and Chapel Hill. Seems OP is looking for retirement home, so schools won't matter.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:28 AM

23 posts, read 43,668 times
What are the different sections (neighborhoods) within heritage and their differing HOA dues? Can you tell me what streets medallion homes built on? Or other custom builder with same quality? Am interested in resales. Thanks a million to anyone who could answer that.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:08 AM

757 posts, read 2,083,633 times
I believe the HOA dues in heritage are all the same. You have an option to join the pool or not. It’s a one time fee of $1000 or around and then a monthly fee around $85 per month the entire year. It also includes a membership to anytime fitness. Golf is separate. The other HOA dues end up being around $35 a month due in one lump sum in December. I think most of medallion homes are on the Rolesville side of heritage. All of the homes in heritage with a Rolesville address are custom homes...but I believe they were way overpriced new so I noticed people are selling them less than what they bought them for. All of the ones in heritage 2 on both sides of Marshall Farm are all custom builders. Just look for well maintained resale’s because some have maintained more than others. Even with custom homes you will still get some “builder grade” Hvacs, toilets, exterior paint...so still will have to maintain a good bit.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:36 AM

23 posts, read 43,668 times
I kind of new that the ones right off Rogers road with a rolesville address were medallion homes thanks to this website and my trip there but I was hoping there were other areas of heritage that medallion built in. Do you have any information about the other custom builders and their quality? I will check out area you mentioned on either side of Marshall farm. Didn't want a rolesville address for resale purposes for my children and farther into the community. Location location location so they say. Thanks for your info and any more you may have will certainly help

Old 10-08-2018, 10:55 AM

494 posts, read 816,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris7 View Post
What are the different sections (neighborhoods) within heritage and their differing HOA dues? Can you tell me what streets medallion homes built on? Or other custom builder with same quality? Am interested in resales. Thanks a million to anyone who could answer that.

Everyone in Heritage pays the yearly HOA fee for living in Heritage. 2018 was $288.75 for the year. Then some sections have their own HOA fee. Mine is currently $98 a month and covers the landscaping and a few other things. Some that cover the roofs and such would be more.

If you want to belong to the pool or golf club there are additional fees for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary