Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 05:55 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,721,522 times

Advertisements

We moved from Orange County and coming up on our 1 year anniversary. We're renting here in North Raleigh and looking to make a purchase in the same area. California will always be home but we do love it here. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 06:24 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times
My family moved from the Bay Area in the 70's with IBM. We settled in North Raleigh. Now, I am in the Glenwood South area of downtown Raleigh.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:44 PM

656 posts, read 1,991,920 times
We bought in Wake Forest off of New Light road in a subdivision. We wanted land and peace and quiet and have definately found it here!!

Old 06-19-2008, 05:09 PM

90 posts, read 267,240 times
It is interesting that Californians are spread all over the triangle. Considering CA, especially the bay area is majorly into tech, am I right in assuming that a lot of ex-Californians are working in and around RTP? If so, is living in Wake Forest, HS etc bad in terms of commute - or is it relatively better than the average commute in CA?

Old 06-19-2008, 07:32 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk65 View Post
We bought in Wake Forest off of New Light road in a subdivision. We wanted land and peace and quiet and have definately found it here!!
The area off New Light Road, which is considered Wake Forest, has some great neighborhoods AND lots of land...you can easily get a full acre in quite a few of those neighborhoods!

Vicki

Old 06-21-2008, 05:56 PM

656 posts, read 1,991,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWorld View Post
It is interesting that Californians are spread all over the triangle. Considering CA, especially the bay area is majorly into tech, am I right in assuming that a lot of ex-Californians are working in and around RTP? If so, is living in Wake Forest, HS etc bad in terms of commute - or is it relatively better than the average commute in CA?

My husband commutes from Wake Forest (off of New Light Rd ) to Morrisville and it takes him about 35 minutes leaving at 7:15. Our California commute time was well beyond that. The commute traffic here is nothing compared to the Northern California gridlock. We wanted land (1 acre) and a newer home under 375k --- we got both and a great commute living in Wake Forest.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:31 PM

331 posts, read 1,311,466 times
We just arrived today from the SF Bay Area and have rented a house in North Raleigh. So far I like it a lot..everything is so close and I have already met some of the neighbors who are so nice. I did not know my neighbors in Cali..sad huh. The area is very diverse which we love as well. We are so happy to be here.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:55 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,009,154 times
Marin County to Dana Point to Murrieta to Holly Springs. Love it here! It will be 2 years in August. There was no area we did not like when looking. After driving during commuting we eliminated North Raleigh and Wake Forest because of my hubbys commute from there. Capital BLVD was a cluster **** to deal with IMO. In the end we found a neighborhood that we loved and that felt like we belonged and that made the decision for us as far as what town we ended up in. Good luck to you

Old 06-21-2008, 08:52 PM

171 posts, read 452,036 times
Default Where do/did the Californians call home?

Where do/did the Californians call home?

Well, California, of course.

If you lived in North Carolina, well then you wouldn't be Californian would you? You'd be a Tar Heel.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:26 PM

920 posts, read 2,813,902 times
I'm from Redondo Beach in the LA area, and I'm moving to Raleigh in six weeks. I've had a 20-year stopover in Portland, Oregon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary