Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 12:07 PM

85 posts, read 334,276 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been to and/or has an information on some of the housing in Fuquay Varina, such as Ballentine homes by david weekly builders, or sterlind risge by anderson homes,andpark grove by anderson homes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 01:55 PM

579 posts, read 2,863,856 times
I know people who live in Ballentine in the david weekly homes. The homes are very nice and seem to be well built and the s/d is very nice. The bad things to me are A) David Weekly makes you put down a deposit of 50% of all the upgrades you choose up front. B) The s/d is really pretty, has walking trails and a pool but the HOA dues are $50 per month which just seems a little steep to me for that (compared to say a Fred Smith community whose price is the same but also includes an athletic club). There is also Ballentine Elementary located right in the S/D which is a plus for some and a minus for others.

Park Grove is off of 55 and is built by KB Home. I also know someone who lives over there and loves it. The houses are pretty as is the s/d but the houses are VERY close together. I'm personally not a fan of KB since they initially offer you a low price for a box of a house and then charge a ton for upgrages which they are not very up front about. My friend's floorplan was 160K base price and was 220K when she was done with even basic upgrades.

Sterling Ridge is by anderson homes I beleive and is in a quiet, privately located section of FV with not much else around. It seems like a nice enough place and the homes seem to be reasonably priced. That's all I know about that S/D.

You may want to also check out inglenook which is in that price range (150's and up) off of Old Honeycutt Rd by Royal Oaks Building Group.

Last edited by raccemup; 02-22-2007 at 03:12 PM..

Old 02-22-2007, 03:48 PM

6 posts, read 20,238 times
I didn't know anything about KB homes. Googled it and found a companion site. KBhomesstink.com. Some pretty unhappy people out there. Hopefully just a small percentage of buyers. Caveat emptor.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:54 PM

579 posts, read 2,863,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgchef View Post
I didn't know anything about KB homes. Googled it and found a companion site. KBhomesstink.com. Some pretty unhappy people out there. Hopefully just a small percentage of buyers. Caveat emptor.
Truthfully, they don't have a very good reputation but I'm sure most (if not all) national builders have their fair share of disgruntled home owners.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:36 AM

85 posts, read 334,276 times
Default new homes ballentine and park grove

Thanks for the infor. I guess you definitly have to do your homework. I have heard other comments of havingtobeaware ofthe "add-ons" in some new housing. My husband is looking at Holly Glenn in Holly Springs, but wanted tocheck Fuquay out as well.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:05 PM

21 posts, read 99,134 times
We just signed a pre-construction contract to build a home in Ballentine Farms. We did a lot of looking before making our final decission...David Weekley Homes for the price range we're looking for (200-250) had the best homes. Better quality and floor plan. Also, let me add they are very flexible specially if you're live out of state. Ballentine Elementary does not buss kids within the subdivision. The school staff is very helpful and informative to out of towners with possible children transfering into the school.
I loved the drive on Sunset Lake...is breathtaking. Loved the area!! Oh by the way DWH does require up to 50% of the upgrades, however they'll let you pay it in installments. Caution Prices are going up fast

Old 04-11-2007, 02:09 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,984,044 times
I actually live in Anderson homes but in Clayton. I absolutely love it!

KB Homes on the other hand...*snicker*
Okay, so this is kind of funny. Where I live, there is a KB homes/Anderson homes on the same stretch of road. Rumor has it amongst the neighbors, that the guy who runs the KB homes in the area lives in the neighborhood. He did a "build to buy" house which from what I heard was quite extravagant.
Funny thing is, he did it through ANDERSON.

Oh the humor.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:23 PM

709 posts, read 935,436 times
Look at lakestone village. Off 401.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:45 PM

237 posts, read 915,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
I actually live in Anderson homes but in Clayton. I absolutely love it!

KB Homes on the other hand...*snicker*
Okay, so this is kind of funny. Where I live, there is a KB homes/Anderson homes on the same stretch of road. Rumor has it amongst the neighbors, that the guy who runs the KB homes in the area lives in the neighborhood. He did a "build to buy" house which from what I heard was quite extravagant.
Funny thing is, he did it through ANDERSON.

Oh the humor.
I spoke with some reaitors and they all were trying to stear me away from clayton they said the schools are not that good and my son would be speaking spanish I quess they meant that because of the lower home prices the area was attracting alot of spanish speaking people. They also said clayton would not get the appreciation like cary , north raleigh , apex or holly springs . What are your thoughs on what they told me.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:00 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Thumbs down Bad Behaivor and Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull136 View Post
I spoke with some reaitors and they all were trying to stear me away from clayton they said the schools are not that good and my son would be speaking spanish I quess they meant that because of the lower home prices the area was attracting alot of spanish speaking people. They also said clayton would not get the appreciation like cary , north raleigh , apex or holly springs . What are your thoughs on what they told me.
I think you should steer clear of those particular Realtors. Any Realtor who tries to "steer you away" from one area to another or makes comments like the ones you mentioned about area schools or any racially charge comment for that matter is not a competent Realtor in my opinion. I think there are laws against that kind of behavior from Realtors.

As a matter of personal opinion (from a non-realtor) I think all of those comments you received are without merit. Clayton is a fine place to live as you can clearly tell from the many posts from the people currently living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary