Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 09:05 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,686 times

Advertisements

Yikes it is a bit nippy out there. Woke up this morning all happy to see the sun shinning bright in the sky. Slipped on my shorts for a nice morning run. Stepped outside, got to the top of my driveway and turned back. Came back out five minutes later in an Eskimo parka.

I lived in the cold for 25 years, came down here to get away from it. 55 is hot to me, but 20 reminds me of "home." Must be that darn Global Warming again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 09:08 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,591,207 times
I don't think there was a single winter in NC we lived there where the temperature didn't dip down BELOW 20 degrees in the morning at least a few times, and below freezing regularly from december through mid March.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:09 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
you forgot to shut the door and window when you moved down here

I dont know what type of living you are in but drip the water esp if you moved into a crawl space type home

It looks like it going to be balmy in comparison for Christmas though

Old 12-22-2008, 09:41 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Must be that darn Global Warming again.

I wish there was such a thing, because I am not a cold lover. However, it isn't all that bad having a couple of cold nights when in just a couple of days it will be in the 60's again. And when you compare our weather to the single digit highs in the upper mid west, we should not complain................although I plan on it.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:50 PM

550 posts, read 1,487,623 times
20 degrees is ridiculous. I almost miss the 100 degree 98% humidity days of summer.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:57 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starla View Post
20 degrees is ridiculous. I almost miss the 100 degree 98% humidity days of summer.

Yep. A 100 degree day is so much easier to take than a 20 degree day. I much prefer the heat.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:00 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,620,809 times
Brrrr.. I'm not loving all this cold weather. Especially with the drafty windows in my house! At this rate I'm going to have to buy new windows before next winter rolls around (and I'd much rather have a screen porch). I guess on the plus side all the shade kept my electric bill down in the summer - I just have to shiver my way through the next month or two!

Old 12-23-2008, 06:46 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
From reading this thread it seems that some you thought that NC didn't get cold in the winter. If you want no winter (a couple of days of cold weather) here are the states that fits that criteria: southern Cali, Arizona (Phoenix or Tucson) & Florida. Low 70s in Dec, Jan and Feb is not abnormal for those states, but here in NC it is so you gotta get those upper 60s in when you can, like this week. Enjoy it. And BTW, it'll be mid 80s in FLA this week and I'm going to beach (water down there is warm) while I'm down there this week. But that's how they roll in FLA in the "winter".

Cheers,

Last edited by he's so hott; 12-23-2008 at 06:54 AM..

Old 12-23-2008, 07:19 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
I don't think there was a single winter in NC we lived there where the temperature didn't dip down BELOW 20 degrees in the morning at least a few times, and below freezing regularly from december through mid March.

I know you like to point out how cold it gets here on a regular basis....but that is just not true about "regularly below freezing december through March"

Been down here for 6 years now and I can say that Spring pretty much begins in mid February here....my kids are regularly playing outdoor soccer in February and I don't think it ever gets below freezing in March.

It also barely snows here which you regularly disagree with, but again, in 6 years I think we have seen snow maybe 3 times....

Old 12-23-2008, 07:30 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
I know you like to point out how cold it gets here on a regular basis....but that is just not true about "regularly below freezing december through March"

Been down here for 6 years now and I can say that Spring pretty much begins in mid February here....my kids are regularly playing outdoor soccer in February and I don't think it ever gets below freezing in March.

It also barely snows here which you regularly disagree with, but again, in 6 years I think we have seen snow maybe 3 times....
Well, it still gets "cold" here and it stays "cold" through March. The OP walked outside like he wasn't living in NC in Dec. Like I said, if you want really nice winters, there are better places...........see my previous post. Otherwise, as long as you're living here it'll "cold" in the winter.

Cheers,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary