Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 02:52 PM

64 posts, read 170,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
So surely you narrowed it down some from that huge list? Couldn't you have asked about the ones you narrowed it down to? It's just a netiquette nicety to try to do a little homework before you post a wide open question. And yes, that was a wide open question, since you essentially asked for us to tell you what courses are in the area. You didn't indicate at all that you know what courses are here. Nor did you ask about specific golf courses.

There was absolutely no way of knowing, from the thread title, that you were looking for employment. How would I know to "help out" or "move on"?
What, was he supposed to go on and on about the courses he found in the area, then ask about others? My God! It was a question! So, you stopped at the title and didn't read his first post? Careful, your high horse is going to buck you off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 03:04 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,049,887 times
Default reply

I just recieved my triangle book of list from the TBJ and it ranked all of the triangle area courses both private, semi-private and public by membership costs and slope. It has all of the info that you would be looking for. Check the tbj.com and you can probably order it online.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:08 PM

119 posts, read 354,956 times
Quote:
So surely you narrowed it down some from that huge list? Couldn't you have asked about the ones you narrowed it down to? It's just a netiquette nicety to try to do a little homework before you post a wide open question. And yes, that was a wide open question, since you essentially asked for us to tell you what courses are in the area. You didn't indicate at all that you know what courses are here. Nor did you ask about specific golf courses.

There was absolutely no way of knowing, from the thread title, that you were looking for employment. How would I know to "help out" or "move on"?
Unbelievable, is there an ignore function on this website?

Old 12-30-2008, 06:48 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,167,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Funny, I was just wondering that myself.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:23 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,454,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Delurking...

Yes. Click on My settings in the left hand corner. Under Settings & Options you'll see "Edit Ignore List".

Old 12-31-2008, 05:20 AM

242 posts, read 796,222 times
As of about a month ago, Billy Casper Golf: Golf Course Management by Billy Casper Golf -- Golf Course Management Companies has begun managing Olde Liberty Golf Course. The new general manager will start on Jan 6. To the best of my knowledge, a head golf professional or assistant golf professional have not yet been named.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill545 View Post
No kidding. Must be a frustrated duffer.

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but also if anyone knows of some good public courses in/around Raleigh area, would appreciate info, as I get the impression most courses around here are private.

Apologies to those offended that I didn't do 800 hrs of online research first.
The public are always welcomed at a semi-private course. A couple others are Wil-Mar, Brevofield, RGA, Hedingham, Zebulon Country Club to name a few.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:08 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,213,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushore View Post
Hi Bill,

Can you give me a quick idea of what you are looking for (price, course conditions, service level)? And, uh, next time - please spend 5 minutes researching this before you put a desparate plea on such an important forum! If I were a golf course ranger, I wouldn't even let you on my course after seeing your post!
I'm so sorry!!!! sniff

Moderate to less in price, pretty "tolerant" of "diverse" courses (ie not very picky ) and don't care about services, although not sure what that even means. I'm a duffer too.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill545 View Post
I'm so sorry!!!! sniff

Moderate to less in price, pretty "tolerant" of "diverse" courses (ie not very picky ) and don't care about services, although not sure what that even means. I'm a duffer too.
Brevofield.. no water, only a couple sand traps and Cheap. Good place for beginners/duffers. Wil-Mar is a low key "senior/beginner" course. Of course, there's always Knight's play.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:08 PM

446 posts, read 1,394,578 times
Quote:
I'll jump in and defend bobbis. It really wouldn't have taken the OP very long to use google and find out which golf courses exist in this area, go to their websites to get a feel for them, and then come here and ask more detailed questions. Nothing wrong with expecting someone to put a little effort into something as important as a job search. I probably would've worded it a little differently than bobbis, who was just a bit harsh, but I agree 100% with the sentiment.
Thanks! I know I came off like a jerk (and I can be one sometimes, just ask my wife!) but the OP came off as a bit lazy to me. I must have been in a bad mood and I'm sorry to the OP. I still feel, if you want a job, do some homework for yourself first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary