Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:14 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times

Advertisements

I wish I could go to one of these games...........
............Too bad schoolwork interfers with that.
<sigh> Someday I guess

smithiekat, If your'e going to the game tonight, be extra loud

GO CANES GO! GO CANES GO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 11:16 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithiekat View Post
i have one extra ticket for sunday (tomorrow) in section 126 if you're interested. . . .

LET'S GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tooo kind! Thank you!

But Sunday night is "At Home-with-Wife" night.

I'm going to have to hit a week night.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:33 PM

Oh, well...

I really liked Paul Maurice's necktie tonight....

Old 04-19-2009, 08:45 PM

Eh, tough loss. That late 1st-period goal killed us, IMO. We had some great chances to win it in the 3rd, the Devils had some too though. Well, at least we are not down 3-0 in the series, but game 4 is pretty much a must-win for us if we wanna stay alive. Congrats to Ryan Bayda and Chad LaRose for their first post-season goals, too bad none of our big guns,(Staal, Cole, Ruutu, Corvo,etc.) could get scoring oppurtunities.

Crowd looked good tonight, loved the "RUUUUUUUUU" chant Ruutu got.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:23 AM

2 posts, read 3,945 times
I'm thinking about moving to the Raleigh area. Gotta do a little more research (esp. schools).

I am impressed by the Canes fans there. I am a hockey nut and (apologies) a Devils fan. This is turning into an incredible playoff series. I'll always be a Devils fan, but if I move to the area, it's nice to have a strong hockey club and fans that are into the sport.

I was happy to see Paul Maurice back and I think Cam Ward will win another Cup (but not this year!).

Old 04-20-2009, 07:34 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emarts View Post
I'm thinking about moving to the Raleigh area. Gotta do a little more research (esp. schools).

I am impressed by the Canes fans there. I am a hockey nut and (apologies) a Devils fan. This is turning into an incredible playoff series. I'll always be a Devils fan, but if I move to the area, it's nice to have a strong hockey club and fans that are into the sport.

I was happy to see Paul Maurice back and I think Cam Ward will win another Cup (but not this year!).
There are tons of us who will always love the team from back... wherever... yet soon find ourselves adopting our new hometown team.

If you move here you will find a beautiful stadium, friendly, and polite fans, and, of course, an amazing team to support.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:56 AM

351 posts, read 770,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
There are tons of us who will always love the team from back... wherever... yet soon find ourselves adopting our new hometown team.

If you move here you will find a beautiful stadium, friendly, and polite fans, and, of course, an amazing team to support.
I've been a dedicated Yankees & Giants fans since birth (it's in the family genes). I never really got into hockey even though I lived minutes from the Devil's home ice.

When I first moved here my neighbors were telling me how good the Canes fans were, how incredible the playoffs are, etc, etc. Having been to enough Yankee & Giant playoffs I took it half-heartedly.

I have to admit -- Canes fans are top-notch and the atmosphere at RBC rivals anything I've been to. Hopefully I'll be there for the Stanley Cup finals this year!

Old 04-20-2009, 06:14 PM

455 posts, read 919,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emarts View Post

I'm from Boston, so yeah, dedicated Sox, Pats, Celts and B's fan, but I really enjoy watching the Canes. I'm rooting for both B's and Canes right now...we'll see what happens!

Interestingly though, hockey and football are the only two sports that I have secondary favorite teams (Football it's Tampa Bay, from my days in Orlando).

As for last night's game, I really thought the Canes played like crap. They have troubles against overly aggressive teams, and last night showed it. IMO they were lucky to make it to OT. Hopefully tomorrow is better!

Old 04-20-2009, 08:11 PM

I love what other fans for the most part are saying about our teams fans, how we're loud, great atmosphere,etc. The tailgating has got to be one of a kind here, can't do it in many other places around the league.

Anyone notice Bill Cowher sounding off the Hurricanes entrance horn yesterday?

Old 04-21-2009, 08:00 PM

At the buzzer!!!

Whoooohooooo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary