Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:40 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,466,168 times

Advertisements

My first BBQ experience when I moved here was Hog Heaven off 85 in Durham. That's what got me hooked on NC BBQ. I say try them. They definitely pass the "hole-in-the wall" test. There aren't a lot of flash and frills when you go in, just tables and good BBQ. A lot of people rave about Bullock's (they're okay) and the Original Q-Shack (haven't tried yet), both in Durham, so you may try them, too. Bullock's only takes cash, so be sure to have plenty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 10:32 AM

2,218 posts, read 2,941,311 times
I will never eat at one of places mentioned above again! We got take out about a month ago and while waiting for it my husband and I could not believe what we were seeing through the square window to the food prep area! A lady dropped the ribs on the floor and then they picked them back up and put them on a plate where they then added the sides! My husband and I kept saying out loud "OMG I can't believe they just did that" with disgust written all over our face! Then the lady looked at us through the little window and saw that we saw and took the ribs off the plate and threw them away...but guess what....they still used the same plate! A part of me wanted to tell management but another part said just forget it and never come back....so unfortunately I did the latter! It makes me wonder now what goes on in kitchens that you can't see!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:36 AM

460 posts, read 1,274,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
I will never eat at one of places mentioned above again! We got take out about a month ago and while waiting for it my husband and I could not believe what we were seeing through the square window to the food prep area! A lady dropped the ribs on the floor and then they picked them back up and put them on a plate where they then added the sides! My husband and I kept saying out loud "OMG I can't believe they just did that" with disgust written all over our face! Then the lady looked at us through the little window and saw that we saw and took the ribs off the plate and threw them away...but guess what....they still used the same plate! A part of me wanted to tell management but another part said just forget it and never come back....so unfortunately I did the latter! It makes me wonder now what goes on in kitchens that you can't see!
having worked in a restaurant...I can tell you that you don't want to know! Just be nice to your wait staff is all I can say. And that goes for ALL restaurants.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:35 PM

7 posts, read 25,714 times
I love The Pit, my husband and I got there on a semi regular basis and have always had fantastic meals. We're not from the area so I can't attest to how "traditional" the BBQ is but I can say its darn good! Nice bar area/atmosphere in the front too, that's where we like to sit. Try the BBQ turkey, I had never ever heard of such a thing prior to the Pit and it's my favorite dish there now.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:43 AM

502 posts, read 1,392,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
my husband and I could not believe what we were seeing through the square window to the food prep area! A lady dropped the ribs on the floor and then they picked them back up and put them on a plate where they then added the sides!
Square window to the food prep area (taking note)... got it, thanks!

Old 04-25-2009, 07:43 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,564,551 times
Love Love Love The Pit.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:09 PM

1,967 posts, read 954,630 times
Is their web site correct in saying that they are not open on Saturday until 5pm? I really wanted to go today, but I did not want to wait until 5! Most places are open Saturday for dinner time.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:11 AM

1,190 posts, read 4,050,183 times
Default reply

they now have a Sunday buffet.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:09 PM

20 posts, read 71,914 times
It is excellent! We have had the ribs, bbq, and beef brisket. The baby back ribs are by far the best we have had. Just falls right off the bone. Definitely check this place out!

Old 04-27-2009, 09:05 AM

149 posts, read 615,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
they now have a Sunday buffet.
Has anyone been to the Sunday buffet? We're going with a few friends next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary