Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:55 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,686 times

Advertisements

Just checked the extended forcast. It calls for thunder, rain, clouds for the xt 12 days at least. That makes about 20 in a row! Time to call God and complain, or maybe my Cary, HOA! I keep hearing from the locals how weird the weather has been this past year. So far since I've arrived from Seattle, you have only had a handful of genuine nice weather days. Not complaining, just saying. And for the past 6 weeks or so, it has either rained, been thunder, or had severe weather warning about 75% of the time. This past winter it was freezing. I was told by you all, there would be at least 10 days per month I could expect to sunbath during the winter. Not so, it was overcast, or freezing almost every day.

My point? I love it here, but in all fairness, as someone who has traveled the word, lived in California and Hawaii, I think you all have over rated the weather here. Sure it's better then NY or Minnesota, but not as nice as advertised.

Now I know some of you won't bother to read the entire post and will comment and come back with how I'm attacking the heritage around here. That is not my intention. This is just my observation having lived here for 14 months now.

The weather can be nice here and when its nice, its damn nice, but I would say 7 of 10 days you either have severe weather, rain, overcast or its cold, or too hot and humid. The other 3 are darn nice.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:56 AM

331 posts, read 1,311,364 times
Well sounds like you are very unhappy. Maybe you need to pack it up and move back to wherever you came from.

Im from California and while I have never experienced this weather before, it is what it is and I am dealing with it, not complaining. I CHOSE to live here and will gladly accept everything that this great state has to offer, even crazy weather!

Old 05-06-2009, 05:01 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Cowboy,

I don't think any of us really want to be subjected to you sunbathing in the winter anyway so I don't think the weather has been a total loss.

FWIW, I think your characterization of past local weather is completely inaccurate. Likewise your interpretation of the 10 day weather forecast is equally disingenuous. Kind of par for the course with your posts, but then again I think your already lacking credibility suffered a fatal blow from your pig flu posts from which it is likely you will never fully recover.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:21 AM

460 posts, read 1,274,385 times
dang it...can't give ya props North_Raleigh Guy!

Only a handful of nice days since you got here? Bwahahaha! When'd you get here? Saturday?

And you mean to say there's a chance of afternoon storms during the spring/summer? You don't say!

Actually I'm surprised you've had time to check the weather...what with you battling the swine flu and warding off evil solicitors.

Last edited by daveraleigh; 05-06-2009 at 05:39 AM..

Old 05-06-2009, 05:54 AM

345 posts, read 1,060,427 times
It's a conspiracy. http://pasovoice.com/images/smiles/awesome/sign0151.gif (broken link)

Old 05-06-2009, 06:09 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,343,126 times
'Weather' be 12 days or 300 days of clouds and rain its always sunny in my heart! So I shall just put my sunny glasses on, these are the ones with the bright yellow circle painted on them and be always in the glow of a sunny day if only in my mind oh yea and heart!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:23 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,561,460 times
Most of the extended forecast calls for isolated thunderstorms, which doesn't mean it's not going to be sunny. In fact many times when Isolated/Scattered thunderstorms are in the forecast it winds up being sunny most of the day. It just means there is a 20-30% chance of thunderstorms during the day.

Let's take the rain now, since we never know how dry we'll get in July and August. Too bad we can't stockpile all of water from these storms.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:30 AM

232 posts, read 1,031,054 times
Next flight to Seattle leaves at 10am today.......just a thought. ;-)

Old 05-06-2009, 06:41 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times

If you disagree or think the statements are inaccurate just say so. Personal attacks because someone dared to criticize your beloved NC is childish and just plain lame.

That said, the OP is in fact inaccurate in that yesterday was the first rainy day in nearly a month. I'm also thinking you've seen more than a "handful" of nice days in the past 14 months.

Generally, I think the "extreme" weather here mostly consists of the very humid summers, but every place has its pros and cons....

Old 05-06-2009, 06:45 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
It hasn't rained in awhile my grass is starting to die. Rain straight for 20 days? Umm well pretty much the entire SE of the United States includes "scattered t-storms" in their daily summer forecast. It's a pretty much every day occurrence in Florida and you don't hear people complaining about their weather. If it did it here I would be happy! Unfortunately I don't think we are that lucky.

Quote:
The weather can be nice here and when its nice, its damn nice, but I would say 7 of 10 days you either have severe weather, rain, overcast or its cold, or too hot and humid. The other 3 are darn nice.
The entire summer is too hot and humid, where have you been? If you want "darn nice" 10/10 days you pretty much have to live in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary