Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 11:26 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,050,399 times

Advertisements

What kind of a fool cannot understand the fact that any thug that breaks in to another man's home should be shot dead in the head. I don't care about a poor childhood or whatever other excuses lib's come up with. You break in a man's home- and you should be prepared for a bullet in your very small brain. Cowboy is so right. These thugs drive by a house and pick it and decide to invade it. It happens every day. These gang bangers are less than human and most are retarded. If they make the mistake of breaking in my home. they will be shot in the head with a 12 gauge. If they are outside my home, I will drag their sorry illiterate corpse inside my home and put a throw away pistol in their slimy hand. We need to rid society of this worthless thugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 01:24 AM

191 posts, read 666,045 times
Well I am sorry if I got a little carried away and angery but I was just in Florida and was about to close on a beautiful house that I got at a great price but due to all the criminals in the area stealing a/c condensers and electrical meters from homes , I couldnt even get the builders to replace the a/c and get the inspection done. They offered to put it in and take it out for 2 weeks til closing and than put it in again. Than if I didnt move there for 4 more weeks I had to worry about it being stolen again. I spoke to my realtor who suggested a big dog and security system to protect myself. I spoke to the sherif who informed mr that most people there have guns and are rednecks and how even he, the sheriff doesnt keep the door unlocked at night. He said even when people just go to work that these criminals drive around and look for homes to rob. this was one of the richest areas in SW florida and yet they allowed, or should I say couldnt stop this crime from occuring due to all the vacant homes and rural nature of the area.
I am a woman, yes some woman like guns(sarahPalin) but I dont. There was no way I was going to live in a fortress and alter my way of thinking and living in order to move to this beautiful house despite the great deal.
It was than I realized that SAFETY for me is number one. Not the house , not the great deal, but being able to sleep at night and not live in fear. Being able to leave my son alone if I am away for a day or two. Being able to go out to the beach and leave my 80 year old mother alone . Should I take her to the shooting range and have her learn how to shoot a man in the head? Maybe I should teach my 11 year old son how to fire the gun if a prowler comes by and I am out. Lets hope it wasnt some innocent stranger who had a flat tie or the pizza man who went to the wrong door. ACCIDENTS happen. I dont want a gun in my house. I dont want to live in Fear. Maybe I am nieve. Maybe I will have to charm my way out of getting killed if it ever came to that. But I refuse to live in a parenoid state of mind and think everyone is out to get me.
Obviously I didnt take the house in florida and I just dont want to make another mistake in being swayed by the beauty of a city or town and great deals on homes and visions of peace, quiet and a great family community, and than come to find out its not really like that. I am just trying to do my homework. Yes I do like san Diego and whats interesting is that with all its crime and diversity and craziness it still rates at the top of the list for safest large cities to live in. I dont know why for sure but one thing I do know is that I dont hear people hear saying to get a gun or shout people in the head, except the marines, and they are nuts anyway(J/K). Something is different. I am just trying to understand what it is. I personally would not feel comfortable in a place with men or woman who all own guns and I would not knowingly want my son playing with someones kids when there is a gun in the home. I am one who thinks guns cause more proplems than they solve. I can't even kill a bug let alone a human.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:48 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,160,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimeowner View Post
Well I was strongly considering moving to N. carolina. But if this is the mentality of the majority of the people than I thnk I will just stay here in California. Sure we have our problems but people dont walk around carrying their nra membership card and bragging about how they plan to kill everyone.
Its only since I started looking at homes in Fl. and N. Carolina that I have heard so many people who think the world is better off with everyone owning a gun and living in fear of their neighbor. I was under some weird impression that N. carolina had smart educated worldly people who lived a peaceful life and enjoyed the beauty around them. I didnt realize so many conservative war mongers, cowboys, hunters, and egotistic vigilanties actually inhabit that state. Thanks for a heads up.
it's just a few people spouting off and trying to act macho on a message board. some people read the news and every event that happens is personalized. the triangle has the same crime that anywhere has. fwiw i've lived in plenty of sketchy places with no incident, and this is one of the nicest places i've been yet. i've also never even so much as held a gun or gotten in a physical altercation. it's a diverse population here. don't get scared off by the "rednecks with guns" stereotype, because it's not what the Triangle is at all.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:50 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,160,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
they will be shot in the head with a 12 gauge. If they are outside my home, I will drag their sorry illiterate corpse inside my home and put a throw away pistol in their slimy hand. We need to rid society of this worthless thugs.
Exhibit A, may it please the court.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:18 AM

Default reply

Gucci- It must be nice being a know it all after a few days in this Rally-Doorum- area.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:15 AM

190 posts, read 1,075,807 times
I was born and raised in Arizona, and guns were a big part of my life growing up. We never 'messed' with the guns, because they were no big deal like 'messing' with the couch... they were not some magical thing we couldn't touch, it was something we were educated A LOT on, and knew when it was OK to shoot and when it wasn't. I have owned guns all my adult life (Arizona and Michigan), until I moved here. I was unsure of the gun laws here, and felt it was best to learn before attempting to own one in NC. I too, am female and have a hard time killing bugs too, but I have an instance late at night in Arizona, that I am certainly have likely meant that I would not be sitting here typing, IF I didn't have a handgun.... Several older men (compared to me, I was 19) decided they were going to get me out of my car "cause she is soooo cute" and just "Have some fun''.... for who, I wonder.... When they started trying to get my door open by force, I then grabbed my .357 off my seat and pointed it right at them....They "very politely decided not to grab me out of the car, rape me and perhaps even kill me.... I think they coward where afraid to die, and when I wasn't an easy target any more....

Aside from that, I am not a vigilante/wormonger/fill in the blank here.... I happen to love shooting at targets ( don't hunt any animals) and used to be a very good shot with the practice! I dont think I would have missed!!

I do feel extremely safe where I live and hope that I never have to shoot another human being, but If it comes to my house with bad intentions, It will come down to them or me... and it IS my house after all....

Old 05-22-2009, 01:55 PM

26 posts, read 87,457 times
^^^ Well said, and sorry for your past experience.

Like others have said, there are a few emotional folks on here (in both camps) and the "right" answer is somewhere in the middle (like always).

In my opinion, if you do not want a gun, do NOT own one and do not use one. That is OK. There is nothing more dangerous that pulling out a gun in the face of a criminal if you are not 100% prepared to use it and 100% trained to use it correctly - that is how you die.

There are multiple ways to deal with a criminal breaking into your house - hide, call 911, get the gun, etc. There is no right answer and no wrong answer, pick the best one that fits you.

But the right to own guns and right to choose your method of dealing with criminals on your property (within the confines of the law) is something that should be protected and vigorously defended.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:40 PM

191 posts, read 666,045 times
Maybe I watch too much court tv or know too many sheriffs who tell me stories of accidents but................bottom line is how you were raised. Some like to live with a gun and feel safer and some would rather love thy neighbor or call the cops to solve the issue or move. I never had a problem and I have taken many chances in life.maybe I was lucky but I want to remain that way by making smart choices in where to live. I am sure there are many safe places in NC. I would definately live there if I can afford what I am looking for but I will not buy a gun to feel safe anywhere. Its not who I am. That said I do have a few ex boyfriends that are lucky I didnt own one when they pissed me off................lol

Old 05-22-2009, 07:29 PM

1,429 posts, read 4,284,363 times
Wow... what a lot of opinions flying around (like bullets). Sooooo, if I read this right, if you own a firearm, don't lock your doors, expect to protect your family in your own home by way of force and do not have pity on those who would do you harm, you're an uneducated redneck warmonger.

I guess that makes me an uneducated warmonger redneck.... in some people's opinions. You know what, your opinion isn't going to hurt or help me at all. You are welcome to live your life as you see fit, but do not impose your lifestyle on the rest of us.

As for the labels that you've imposed upon me, I'd like to say that I am educated, because of monetary reasons I didn't finish college, but I am well read and am working hard so that my kids will have the oppritunity I didn't. I do not facillitate war, but I do support the men and women who are willing to give their life for my right to live free. As for a redneck.... you watch too much TV. The term "redneck" comes from the farmers who would work in the sun all day, thus their necks would get sunburnt. That would be a badge I would wear proudly, if I were so entitled. I am lucky enough to work in an air conditioned office and not have to grow my own food or labor every day praying that drought, insects, or some other natural disaster wouldn't destroy my life.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:54 PM

Default reply

Very well said rockinmama. The rednecks that I know are salt of the earth. And I say redneck in a very respectful way. The ones that I know are darn proud to be who they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary