Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 06:30 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,397,317 times

Advertisements

I seem to recall the Chop House Grill in Stone Creek Village being open for lunch during the week. Today I noticed no one was there. I checked the hours and now it seems that it is only open at night during the week. Did something change and why? That area seems to be hoping around lunch, so it surprises me they would not want to take advantage of the lunch crowd from RTP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 10:56 AM

820 posts, read 2,788,355 times
Based on the selection of stores and restaurants I think that area is always hopping. I also doubt the majority of the RTP crowd would come as far as stone creek. Davis Drive is a looooooooooooooong road.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:31 PM

144 posts, read 556,342 times
Recently I saw on the news that they were having some trouble getting a lot of customers in and were trying to have new types of advertising, including posting a "Now open for lunch sign" However, Cary restrictions made them remove the sign/banner and they were losing business. Maybe the owner decided that instead it would make more sense to only be open for dinner since that is when the most money is made. How unfortunate, the lunch menu seemed to be very reasonably priced.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh1005 View Post
I also doubt the majority of the RTP crowd would come as far as stone creek. Davis Drive is a looooooooooooooong road.
It's actually not far from many parts of RTP. Less than 10 minutes for many. My employer actually uses Prestonwood, which is just down the hill from Chop House.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:17 AM

2 posts, read 6,407 times
Default Chop House

It's my understanding that they are eventually going to close down because they are losing money. The rent in that area is super expensive, and the product isn't worth what they charge.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflow View Post
It's my understanding that they are eventually going to close down because they are losing money.
That would be a shame. They have great food and service. We love going there. It's one of our favorites.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:03 AM

2 posts, read 5,073 times
Default Chop house Grill is Closed

It looks like they have been padlocked out of there building for not paying the rent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
I seem to recall the Chop House Grill in Stone Creek Village being open for lunch during the week. Today I noticed no one was there. I checked the hours and now it seems that it is only open at night during the week. Did something change and why? That area seems to be hoping around lunch, so it surprises me they would not want to take advantage of the lunch crowd from RTP.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:11 AM

2 posts, read 5,073 times
Default Chop house Grill is now closed

It looks like Cary's finest put the pad lock on the building this morning. Rumor has it that they did not pay the rent.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:13 AM

871 posts, read 3,018,814 times
Seriously??

My wife and I ate there once, Sunday brunch with another couple, and we weren't impressed. Maybe could have given them a fairer assessment if we tried them for dinner, but even living less than 2 miles away, we never did.

It's kinda sad. Several smaller boutique-ey businesses in Stone Creek Village have already pulled out after failing in the down economy and with the high rents.

Good luck to the people trying to lease space on that corner. And in the many other planned developments in the area.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:46 PM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,344,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflow View Post
the product isn't worth what they charge.

yup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary