Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 07:32 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,657,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
This soap opera continues to be a textbook example of how not to get your problems resolved.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 09:29 AM

91 posts, read 180,942 times
Perhaps this blog may do a little to explain both sides of the story.

Don's Cary Town Council Journal: Red Letter House

Old 11-11-2009, 11:34 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,988 times
<sarcasm> Oh, thank god the media is still following this. He put a SPOTLIGHT on it??? Hoo wee, this is fascinating. </sarcasm>

Old 11-11-2009, 04:02 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,657,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVilla View Post
Perhaps this blog may do a little to explain both sides of the story.

Don's Cary Town Council Journal: Red Letter House
That was spot on. I can't take him seriously with those tactics. If I really felt the town was responsible I would have some legal counsel to represent me.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:22 PM

111 posts, read 188,562 times
"And really, how would this benefit anyone involved?"

"Which would just mean that the Town of Cary would need to make up that $$$ by dropping/reducing services elsewhere, or raising taxes. I'm not sure how that would be "true justice"."

The Town of Cary expected this guy to just roll over. He has not and now they want to spend your tax money fighting with him. And if you allow the town to reduce services or raise taxes to cover this fight, then you deserve it. If the politicians had to spend their own money fighting this, I suspect they would take a different tact. remeber whose money they are spending and hold them accountable.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:32 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,584,421 times
The part about the plan to widen the road to 4 lanes in 1967 reminds me of the book: "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy".

How can they expect anyone to find and read a document filed in 1967 in the town archives before buying a house? I am sure you could spend a month reading all the documents on file with the town.

That guy takes some low blows in the blog entry.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:36 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,584,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
And really, how would this benefit anyone involved?
It would help me find stuff in Cary. Silly signs ordinances makes it impossible to find stuff.

Quote:
This guy is a piece of work. Did you see the condition of the siding before he had it spray painted? Where is the pride of ownership? Just because your house is on a busy road you don't just give up on taking care of it. His neighbors manage to keep the landscaping tidy and their houses freshly painted. There was supposed to be "NC" after the comma but the painters talked him out of it. The comma makes me chuckle because it looks so silly. It makes me wonder if the homeowner was looking to make this a national news story. Why did he want "NC" added to it?

These types of points only distract from the issue at debate: "Has the road construction devalued the property to the point where it's not marketable"

Old 11-12-2009, 08:15 AM

91 posts, read 180,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post

These types of points only distract from the issue at debate: "Has the road construction devalued the property to the point where it's not marketable"
No. His inability to take care of his property has made it not marketable.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:53 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVilla View Post
No. His inability to take care of his property has made it not marketable.

I disagree.
Of course, the property is marketable.
As long as it has a clear title and a competent seller.

Assuming those two items, without hesitation, I would market it in a minute.

If the price was realistic, that is.
It always comes down to the market's perception of value.
The road widening and condition of the property probably have diminished the value of the property, but have certainly not rendered it unmarketable.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:11 AM

116 posts, read 366,852 times
Quote:
The part about the plan to widen the road to 4 lanes in 1967 reminds me of the book: "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy".

How can they expect anyone to find and read a document filed in 1967 in the town archives before buying a house? I am sure you could spend a month reading all the documents on file with the town.
But Maynard Rd has been a major road in Cary for a very long time (20 to 30 years).

Anytime you buy a house that is close to a city street (especially a major city street), there is a high probability it will be widen in the future. I would bet Maynard will be widened to 6 lanes in the next 20 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary