Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2007, 04:27 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,977,154 times

Advertisements

So, I got here yesterday, I don't know what neighborhood I live in, but I'm near a supertarget and am 10 min from Duke. I found absolutely amazing Indian food (Bombay Grille) and there are the old houses that I like everywhere. I have a lot to see but I don't think anybody should be discouraged from moving here, ever. I picked up the Independent Weekly and see that there's a ton of artsy stuff going on, I am just thrilled. Plus my apartment rocks and faces the woods.

Now if someone can tell me how to convince my downstairs neighbor not to kill me with bass at 1 a.m. like last night, life would be perfect.

Tomorrow: go check out Hillsborough (and go to skating rink there), walk around downtown Durham a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2007, 04:34 PM

306 posts, read 1,137,794 times
Hi mate

Sounds like you're on the 15-501. Very confusing highway that one. Glad you like Durham. Its got great character, unlike sterile Cary, in my opinion. Alas, the schools.....

Check out the mozza/tomato appetizer and Lobster ravioli in nearby Macaroni Grill. I know its chain, but the foods great. I also like Fosters market and Guglhupf, also on the 15-501 towards downtown Durham. My mum describes Fosters market as 'organized chaos'. Noone seems to know what they are doing but your order always comes out quick, its right, and the food is also great. We love eating in our family.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:29 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,869,192 times
Hey, you just might be my neighbor although we face the 15/501! how funny!

Old 05-05-2007, 07:08 PM

959 posts, read 4,496,999 times
There are some really NICE looking apartment complexes in SW and W Durham! You can tell they really made an effort to keep the forest intact around the building sites. There's one off of 54 that you can barely see from the road - a tree covered hilly road leads off into the forest

I love the Super Targets (the 15-501 included). We didn't have any where I was in NoVA (super ones that is). The grocery shopping + deli + target stuff + starbucks inside them is awesome For the moms...the deli has pbj's that are $1 each and already cut into quarters. Great for when a shopping expedition cuts into lunch time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary